REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #26
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
^ x2
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2014, 12:35 AM   #27
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Thanked 1,284 Times in 112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fT-z33wor View Post
From Fucked up shit what makes you laugh NWS
viet604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2014, 06:45 AM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viet604778 View Post
From Fucked up shit what makes you laugh NWS
Someone just watched Premium Rush
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,862 Times in 3,844 Posts
The cyclist was a dipshit and deserved it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #30
GS8

Thanked 7,208 Times in 1,958 Posts
It's not just the cyclists anymore. I deal with annoying ass JOGGERS a lot.

Then I go home and play GTA to relieve my frustrations.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Japanese cyclist to pay 47m yen ($459,000) over fatal crash

Quote:
A court in Tokyo has ordered a cyclist to pay nearly half a million US dollars in damages to the family of an elderly woman he knocked down and killed.

The judge said he wanted the case to serve as an example to other cyclists that bicycles can be deadly weapons.
turbos86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Cyclists have to be the biggest bunch of pussies to ever step out on the road.

thats the cyclist who got beat up here in vancouver. just look at this guy
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #33
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
After facing a minor altercation the cyclist quickly recedes into his natural habitat in fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
Cyclists have to be the biggest bunch of pussies to ever step out on the road.

thats the cyclist who got beat up here in vancouver. just look at this guy
beta probably never seen a weight in his life

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #34

Is that supposed to be a sling?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 06:25 AM   #35
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Is that supposed to be a sling?
real sling is too mainstream
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 PM   #36
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

who needs proper balanced support on a (supposed) broken arm?
lemon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:20 AM   #37
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
I love it when people act all tough and then fold ever so quickly when push finally comes to shove.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:10 AM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
I wrote this on my Facebook back in December in regards to the attitude of cyclists:

Tales of a leisure bicycling enthusiast volume #1:

Riding along the Stanley Park seawall, all la-dee-da, Kanye on the earphones, carefree and smiling. I spend my time between envisioning irish caesars along with a Blarneystone burger, and eyeing up the yoganically-inclinded female joggers with their coconut booties! Blissful pedaling with my mind as clear and stress-free as possible.

Up ahead there's a four-way intersection where pedestrians cross the path, right behind the consession stand near 2nd beach. I see a little old lady clutching onto the arm of what I assumed was her middle-aged daughter taking her out for a walk. So I begin to slow down to let them cross from maybe 15 meters away, after slowing to a near-complete stop at about 5 meters away, I waved at them to indicate that I yielded, and smiled.

The old lady took a couple steps and stood in the middle of the bike path. With a dramatic pause, she stopped, turned her head, and locked eyes with me. In that moment I felt an icy dagger piece my soul, the entire world stopped as her lips moved to form the word, "Asshole!"

So there I was, off the seat and standing over the crossbar. My mouth agape, totally shocked that this sweet little old lady that I stopped for called me an asshole. Being polite is such a virtue that I admire and aspire to practice more, it really sucked to get called an asshole for actually following the rules, hahaha!!!

While I was momentarily stunned that this frail senior just took me down a notch, this other cyclist whips past me at a good clip and almost runs the old lady and her daughter down. She calls him an asshole too and he yells back "Fuck off!" while speeding off down the trail. Heavy emphisis on the "F", obviously practiced for the greatest delivery.

Ahhhh, cycling in #Vancouver

As someone who loves cars and bike riding, the moment you get on a bike everyone hates you! Since getting my bike about 4-5 months ago I cannot even describe how many contemptuous looks I've received from pedestrians and drivers. When it happens I just smile and try not to take it personally, there is a core minority of bike riders that really attracts so much anger towards anyone pedaling! As much as I try to be courteous and cautious there are still so many people who view all riders as two wheeled assholes.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #39
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
So I may get flamed and failed for this, that's ok, so long as you guys learn from my mistakes.

I was once driving in downtown when I pulled up to a parking spot. Since a car was stopped directly in front of me, I couldn't parallel park, however, I did shift the car so that it was closer to the parking stall while I waited for the light to change and for the driver in front of me to move. Well as I waited, a cyclist came up from behind and up to my passenger side. He yelled something then hit my passenger window really hard. He was upset that I was partially blocking his way from going forward.

Well that made my blood boil. I was pissed. What makes him think he has any right to hit my property like that? I was so angry that after the light changed, I chased after the guy in my car, drove past him, and sharply turned to cut him off. I turned so sharply and so suddenly that I drove into the driver side bumper of a parked car. The cyclist ended up driving right into my passenger rear quarter panel.

Immediately, I felt 2 things. 1) oh shit I hit somebody's car, fuck me. 2) I'm going to see why that stupid asshole cyclist hit my car earlier.

Well, the cyclist and I talked while bystanders came forward. Everyone was telling me I shouldn't have done XYZ. I calmed down, traded info with the cyclist, asked if he needed a ambulance, he said no, and he rode off. I got back in my car and i immediately started shaking. It came to me, the thought that i could've killed the cyclist because i was so blinded by anger and rage. He could've been crushed between 2 cars the way i cut him off. Like many of you, I've read stories and recollections of cyclist/driver confrontations, and I too felt cyclists didn't belong on the road. I have to say that this influenced my actions. I always thought, after reading those stories, that if something were to happen to me, I wouldn't let it slide. Well that's what happened, and i went too far.

So I park my car. As I sit there, i'm shaking, with feelings of anxiety, fear, and nervousness. I call ICBC and the person on the phone had to remind me to take breaths because I couldn't get 4-5 words without stuttering i was shaking so badly.

What did I get for trying to get even with the cyclist? A nice at-fault claim for my car and other i drove into. Over 3 grand in damages I paid out. And the fear that the cyclist can sue me within 2 years after the initial incident for damages.

Again, I hope you guys learn from my mistakes. Yea, it's nice to read some stories of cyclist/driver road rage and driver justice, but they never mention the serious damage that could've happened. Don't do what I did. The cyclist initiated, but I escalated. Don't do what I did. Try to keep your cool.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #40
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
He yelled something then hit my passenger window really hard. He was upset that I was partially blocking his way from going forward.
There are plenty of people who will say they had the same thing happen to them or something similar.
You are human, and while your response may not be the correct one, I am certain a lot of people would have had the same reaction.

The problem is that people like the cyclist in your story decide to ride between cars. Clearly you were in a position to park, and the cyclist should have reacted like any other car behind you. Stop and wait. It takes less than 10 seconds for you to park and they can go on their way.

Far too often I have had cyclist ride up on the inside when I am about to make a right turn. If they valued their own lives, they would ride more defensively.

Last month, there was a translink B line bus that had his signal on and was pulling out of a spot. The cyclist decides that he was going to go around the bus and pulls into the middle lane then gives the bus driver the finger for pulling out in front of him.
Well, from my vantage point, the bus driver was in the right and the cyclist was too good to stop for the bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #41

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
So I may get flamed and failed for this, that's ok, so long as you guys learn from my mistakes.

I was once driving in downtown when I pulled up to a parking spot. Since a car was stopped directly in front of me, I couldn't parallel park, however, I did shift the car so that it was closer to the parking stall while I waited for the light to change and for the driver in front of me to move. Well as I waited, a cyclist came up from behind and up to my passenger side. He yelled something then hit my passenger window really hard. He was upset that I was partially blocking his way from going forward.

Well that made my blood boil. I was pissed. What makes him think he has any right to hit my property like that? I was so angry that after the light changed, I chased after the guy in my car, drove past him, and sharply turned to cut him off. I turned so sharply and so suddenly that I drove into the driver side bumper of a parked car. The cyclist ended up driving right into my passenger rear quarter panel.

Immediately, I felt 2 things. 1) oh shit I hit somebody's car, fuck me. 2) I'm going to see why that stupid asshole cyclist hit my car earlier.

Well, the cyclist and I talked while bystanders came forward. Everyone was telling me I shouldn't have done XYZ. I calmed down, traded info with the cyclist, asked if he needed a ambulance, he said no, and he rode off. I got back in my car and i immediately started shaking. It came to me, the thought that i could've killed the cyclist because i was so blinded by anger and rage. He could've been crushed between 2 cars the way i cut him off. Like many of you, I've read stories and recollections of cyclist/driver confrontations, and I too felt cyclists didn't belong on the road. I have to say that this influenced my actions. I always thought, after reading those stories, that if something were to happen to me, I wouldn't let it slide. Well that's what happened, and i went too far.

So I park my car. As I sit there, i'm shaking, with feelings of anxiety, fear, and nervousness. I call ICBC and the person on the phone had to remind me to take breaths because I couldn't get 4-5 words without stuttering i was shaking so badly.

What did I get for trying to get even with the cyclist? A nice at-fault claim for my car and other i drove into. Over 3 grand in damages I paid out. And the fear that the cyclist can sue me within 2 years after the initial incident for damages.

Again, I hope you guys learn from my mistakes. Yea, it's nice to read some stories of cyclist/driver road rage and driver justice, but they never mention the serious damage that could've happened. Don't do what I did. The cyclist initiated, but I escalated. Don't do what I did. Try to keep your cool.
I'd fail you if you 1) did all of that unprovoked or 2) were the biker

I'm sure yours wasn't the first car the biker knocked on before. He finally got his..but unfortunately you were the one that took the loss.

Next time the driver might not be so unlucky.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #42
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

I do both drive and bike (bicycle).
I think car drivers should pay attention to motor bikes or cyclist because they don't get surround by metals like most car drivers. and of course bikers and cyclist have to ride cautiously too
just like cyclists should yield to pedestrian
if we all (I mean all drivers, cyclist and pedestrian) following traffic rules and share the road politely, a lot of fights, damages, death could be avoided

Last edited by aalex; 02-01-2014 at 10:02 AM.
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #43
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

This happen on River road in Richmond every weekend. When you honk at them, they just give you a dirty look don't give a damn about you.
eason_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #44
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
I'd try to hit them with my mirror. Fuck those queers.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #45

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
fuck cyclists
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #46
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason_c View Post

This happen on River road in Richmond every weekend. When you honk at them, they just give you a dirty look don't give a damn about you.
as a cyclist and biker, I hope someone will teach these cyclists a lesson
I always try to bike and drive without blocking the road
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #47
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Headlight spray wash. Shoots pretty far on either side when car is moving.

Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #48

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalex View Post
as a cyclist and biker, I hope someone will teach these cyclists a lesson
I always try to bike and drive without blocking the road
River road is brutal. 3 cyclists side by side like that is no problem. usually these retards are riding at least 10+ deep taking their sweet ass time down river road.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #49

^ there's a road around here that they will apparently block off and race down in the summer. If I did that in cars we'd be covered in po-po before we could blink but these pissheads get away with it.

Quote:
<snip>
I gotta ask, did you find out why he hit your car? Hopefully that shithead learned his lesson and stops fucking with peoples car for HIS mistakes.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #50
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ there's a road around here that they will apparently block off and race down in the summer. If I did that in cars we'd be covered in po-po before we could blink but these pissheads get away with it.

I gotta ask, did you find out why he hit your car? Hopefully that shithead learned his lesson and stops fucking with peoples car for HIS mistakes.
For being in his way. Like I said earlier, I wasn't blocking the entire lane. He was able to hit my window and roll by while giving me a look.