REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Transfer Credit Card History???

I heard never cancel your credit card if you have a long good history with it.

One of my old TD Reward (Cashback, used for over 5 Years) is going to expire within a month. From time to time I still use it but always under $200.

I wanted the TD Gold Elite Card and I know that the annual fee can be waived if I open a chequing account with over $5000 balance.

Personally I already have another CC, from MasterCard which is the one I use the most. There is no sense to have both TD Gold Elite Visa and the renew of TD Reward Visa (this will then never be used)

I was wondering if its possible for TD to transfer all my past credit history on the TD Reward to the new Gold Elite that I am signing up

Advertisement
Gamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
I may be mistaken, but your credit history is not linked directly to your card(s). Your credit history is handled by a separate entity, and shows your credit line transactions (not credit card transactions, but lines of credits opened and closed in your name).

I've never heard that you shouldn't close long-open credit accounts. I have heard, however, that you shouldn't open/close lines of credits just to get the freebies offered.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
I don't get it

Just call the representative to do a product switch. They're both owned by TD and everything including the history and credit limit will be transfered over. Don't let someone apply another TD CC and close your existing TD CC... You should call the number behind your credit card to find out more info. Also ask if product switch qualifies for the promo (which it should).

Ps. Anyone telling u to apply and cancel credit card owned by the same company is doing it for their own quota/benefit.
Posted via RS Mobile
1.7El_guy is offline   Reply With Quote