REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Burnaby workers. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692420-burnaby-workers.html)

zilley 01-30-2014 03:22 PM

Burnaby workers.

Long story short, parked one spot behind a parking meter spot i m guessing no stopping zone. (one beside metro best buy entrance) some of you may know where it is.

Any how, was in car waiting for gf to mail a letter.

A burnaby worker pulls up with his lights on and I responded by leaving the spot.

Now, do they have to personally hand you a ticket or do they just have to write your plate number down?

I take responsibility for it, so no need for flaming. Just want to know if they can write you a ticket without handing it to you . Because I remember cops doing that in front of crystal mall.

And the worker left approx 5 seconds after as I could see him a distance away driving off. Which left me to think he took my plate down and is able to issue a ticket without needing to hand it over to me.

Thanks.

dared3vil0 01-30-2014 03:31 PM

I doubt you will get the ticket... Most likely they have to give it to you directly. Not sure though.

zilley 01-30-2014 03:36 PM

I hope so.. Otherwise Fucking bad way to start the cny.

- kT 01-30-2014 03:51 PM

they don't have to hand it to you. all they need is your plate and if they want to issue a ticket they'll just mail it to the address of the registered owner
Posted via RS Mobile

zilley 01-30-2014 03:56 PM

Welp, I m Fucked.

I somehow always scoop up a ticket before the holidays.

My last one was 2010 Xmas eve.

Speed2K 01-30-2014 04:09 PM

The Burnaby guys usually take a picture of the vehicle as evidence when issuing a ticket; because he/she didn't get a chance to take the picture my guess is you won't get a ticket.

zilley 01-30-2014 04:11 PM

I sure hope so again.. Haha.

They don't have a dash cam sort of thing rolling?

Anyone know how much the ticket is IF I get one?

stewie 01-30-2014 04:49 PM

im a Burnaby worker(not bylaw though), quite a few of them are cocksuckers...even went out of their way to get one of my coworkers fired over a parking ticket..

good portion of them will just tell you to gtfo in a nice way if they can see that you're in your car still, but there's 1 guy whos a complete asshole who thinks hes an actual cop (I believe he tried to convince HR and others that since hes a bylaw officer and his job can get rough he needs a firearm or a taser at the minimum) who even hands out tickets to his coworkers...few guys from my dept have been given tickets from him which is bullshit, we all work out of the same service yard, we all park in the same parking lot, he knows all of our cars and everything. but like your situation, if he sees us stopped where we shouldn't be, even if its just to let someone out, hes got his camera in hand and punching in the plate number. cocksucker.

if its one of those people, your fucked, if not, it was probably just a worker checking to see if you were even in your car. if your in your car they'll usually be nicer and tell you to and give you a "warning".

describe him. tall? fat? beard? short hair? long hair? etc

zilley 01-30-2014 04:54 PM

I was gonna stay but then ATM I was like fuck fuck fuck, gotta go. peaceee.

then when I left I was gonna turn around and speak to him/her. LOL and see what he/she says, I didnt even see the driver. driver prob didnt even stop Fully yet, but yes he/she was behind me.

oh well.. I just hope for the best. but anyone know the ticket amount for no stopping or no parking zone?

Gh0stRider 01-30-2014 04:56 PM

yes, you can get a ticket mailed to you.

ticket is around $50, or if you pay within 14 days then its $25.

each municipal has different fine amounts.

zilley 01-30-2014 05:05 PM

kinda gay, I was there for less than 5 mins.. someone prob snitched..

anyways, as long as its not over 50 I feel better.

Gh0stRider 01-30-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zilley (Post 8408607)

if you do get a ticket, dont wait after the 14 day period. some people put the ticket aside and forget about it then the ticket rises to its full amount.

during the 14 day period, you can pay or dispute. after the 14 day, all you can do is pay.

Coren 01-30-2014 05:25 PM

I've seen a bylaw officer writing a ticket for a car in a cul de sac at 6:30am. Some are serious assholes

zilley 01-30-2014 05:28 PM

bylaw officer? like transit cop?

mine was just one of those burnaby workers with green all along the side of their cars.

Gh0stRider 01-30-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zilley (Post 8408625)
bylaw officer? like transit cop?

mine was just one of those burnaby workers with green all along the side of their cars.

ya thats the typical city of burnaby vehicle. Im guessing it was the pickup truck with a light bar on top?

zilley 01-30-2014 05:36 PM

Exactly right. hahaha. was that you Sir? :concentrate:

Gh0stRider 01-30-2014 05:45 PM

haha..nope.

i see them all the time, thats why i know.

stewie 01-30-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zilley (Post 8408607)

Nobody snitched :p

There's certain spots that some will camp out at knowing that they'll get someone every few minutes.
Across from metro from Sears to willingdon (including bonsor rec center), they'll always have someone there. Up near Brentwood where browns/joeys/Gilmore skytrain, Edmonds rec center, and several popular spots on hastings.

After you drove off, they most likely ticketed someone no more than 15 minutes in the same spot you were in. When it comes to hotspots, it's easier to just either circle the block, or go at a meter and not pay while waiting for 2-3 minutes.
Posted via RS Mobile

zilley 01-30-2014 10:27 PM

well, he drove the same loop I did, as I went back on kingsway and towards dt direction. he turned towards edmonds. dont seem like he was gonna go back and camp.

almost seemed like he came for me from a complaint. *shrug*

oh wells, CNY red pockets will pay for it. gay.

AndroidAAA 02-01-2014 06:54 PM

I work in that department (and no it wasn't me), and Stewie for your information the person that acted like he was a police officer is no longer there, in fact most of the trouble makers are no longer working in that department. The current supervisor as well as the City of Burnaby have done a fantastic job in restructuring the Traffic Bylaw department.

Zilley, if you were behind a meter in a no stopping zone that ticket starts at $64.00 (the discount price), meter tickets on the other hand start at $40.00.

Now depending on who the individual is you may or may not receive the ticket in the mail. I personally don't mail out tickets, if you are in your car i'd prefer to get voluntary compliance by giving you the option to move, but some do so give it a week or two and if you don't receive anything in the mail you are good to go.

Hope this helps.

AndroidAAA 02-01-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8408709)
Nobody snitched :p

There's certain spots that some will camp out at knowing that they'll get someone every few minutes.
Across from metro from Sears to willingdon (including bonsor rec center), they'll always have someone there. Up near Brentwood where browns/joeys/Gilmore skytrain, Edmonds rec center, and several popular spots on hastings.

After you drove off, they most likely ticketed someone no more than 15 minutes in the same spot you were in. When it comes to hotspots, it's easier to just either circle the block, or go at a meter and not pay while waiting for 2-3 minutes.
Posted via RS Mobile

Not sure where you got this information from, but nobody that I know of camps, if they do their ticket count would be really low. It is actually a lot better to go to an area then move on to a completely different area you get more tickets this way.

Nobody would loop the same area after 15 minutes, you would get no tickets. For example the route I usually take I end up hitting the same area after approximately 1 and a half to 2 hours. To a maximum of three times in the same area for an 8 hour shift.

Now that doesn't mean another traffic bylaw officer won't hit that area as well.

stewie 02-02-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroidAAA (Post 8409709)
Not sure where you got this information from, but nobody that I know of camps, if they do their ticket count would be really low. It is actually a lot better to go to an area then move on to a completely different area you get more tickets this way.

Nobody would loop the same area after 15 minutes, you would get no tickets. For example the route I usually take I end up hitting the same area after approximately 1 and a half to 2 hours. To a maximum of three times in the same area for an 8 hour shift.

Now that doesn't mean another traffic bylaw officer won't hit that area as well.

your Burnaby bylaw? if so say hi in the service yard one day lol

sleepywheel 02-02-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroidAAA (Post 8409666)
I work in that department (and no it wasn't me), and Stewie for your information the person that acted like he was a police officer is no longer there, in fact most of the trouble makers are no longer working in that department.

That's funny. I'd heard about that guy from a couple of city councillors. One of them got a parking ticket at a public function even though the wannabe knew who's vehicle it was.

stewie 02-02-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroidAAA (Post 8409666)
I work in that department (and no it wasn't me), and Stewie for your information the person that acted like he was a police officer is no longer there, in fact most of the trouble makers are no longer working in that department. The current supervisor as well as the City of Burnaby have done a fantastic job in restructuring the Traffic Bylaw department.

Interesting to know (I've been on sick leave for the past 16 months so I'm bit out of the loop in other depts). but like I said, once I'm back swing down to the gas pumps and say hi!
Posted via RS Mobile

AndroidAAA 02-03-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8410223)
Interesting to know (I've been on sick leave for the past 16 months so I'm bit out of the loop in other depts). but like I said, once I'm back swing down to the gas pumps and say hi!
Posted via RS Mobile

When you are back I will definitely swing by the pumps to say hi.