REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #26
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
rip
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #27
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Taken from CNN:
Quote:
Authorities investigating the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman found about 50 bags of what's believed to be heroin in his home, law enforcement sources familiar with the probe say.
Can't feel bad for him, 50 bags of heroin? It's too bad for anyone to pass away, but when you waste your life away like this you don't get any sympathy from me. I don't even know who he is, and haven't seen any of his movies.

Just my opinion.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
^Summed it up pretty well.

Selfish person who had kids and left them behind with their father being painted as a drug addict in the media.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
too bad he went out a shitty way.....who care's if you have boat loads of money i don't see bill gates Tooting any lines lately,it's a stupid way of thinking if you're loaded you should be living like a 80's rockstar.....drugs will fuck you over bad sooner or later.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #30
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
Taken from CNN:

Can't feel bad for him, 50 bags of heroin? It's too bad for anyone to pass away, but when you waste your life away like this you don't get any sympathy from me. I don't even know who he is, and haven't seen any of his movies.

Just my opinion.
bbbbbut he was in a movie i like. he's a junkie. plain and simple. just like the ones on hastings. except he has no excuse. he has all the time, money and resources to get off that shit.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #31
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
Drugs will consume anyone, rich or poor, male or female, young or old.

He probably didn't want to get off it. The question is, why was he on it to begin with? Did it make him a better actor? Some artists have actually performed better while under the influence. I figure the drugs helped them to shed any predispositions of his abilities?
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #32
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
lol maybe he wasn't an addict and used heroin like once in a while. and this batch he got was just a little stronger and he while under the influence already he made a bad decision to shoot up a bit more and measured the dose wrong or whatever.

some quick googling:

1 bag is ~100mg
10bags = 1g
50bags = 5g

typical dose:
Erowid Heroin Vault : Dosage
no tolerance: 5-10mg
heavy tolerance: 20-40mg

that means 50 bags isnt a lot for someone that uses then.

i mean if you had millions... and you used. you wouldn't buy every time you shot up like a junkie would. you'd just buy a bunch and store it for later. who knows, maybe that was 1 month worth of stuff... or 1 year worth of stuff? or maybe he was gonna have a party and a buncha ppl were gonna use it?

tons of artists or performers have died on drugs, or used drugs to enhance their performance or understand/better embody some perspective.

drugs aren't only used as an escape.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #33
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
lol maybe he wasn't an addict and used heroin like once in a while. and this batch he got was just a little stronger and he while under the influence already he made a bad decision to shoot up a bit more and measured the dose wrong or whatever.

some quick googling:

1 bag is ~100mg
10bags = 1g
50bags = 5g

typical dose:
Erowid Heroin Vault : Dosage
no tolerance: 5-10mg
heavy tolerance: 20-40mg

that means 50 bags isnt a lot for someone that uses then.
But... but... 50 bags! That sounds so controversial!!!

Seriously though, shitting on a guy with a drug problem... he contributed way more to the world as a junkie than any of us sober plebes ever will
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #34
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Im surprised he didn't go the michael jackson route though, with his money you would think he'd have a couple doctors monitoring him and administering his doses (yes yes a lot of good it did michael blah blahblah)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
And he goes To Church!......He'll be better then any one of us here will ever Be..
Old 02-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #36
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
TIME: Aaron Sorkin: Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Death Saved 10 Lives

Quote:
And he said this: “If one of us dies of an overdose, probably 10 people who were about to won’t.” He meant that our deaths would make news and maybe scare someone clean. So it’s in that spirit that I’d like to say this: Phil Hoffman, this kind, decent, magnificent, thunderous actor, who was never outwardly “right” for any role but who completely dominated the real estate upon which every one of his characters walked, did not die from an overdose of heroin — he died from heroin. We should stop implying that if he’d just taken the proper amount then everything would have been fine. He didn’t die because he was partying too hard or because he was depressed — he died because he was an addict on a day of the week with a y in it.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #37
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

It's a real shame that he lost his battle to addiction. He was a very talented actor. He was excellent in Capote and super funny in Along Came Polly.
Ron_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #38
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
For what it is worth, came across this earlier today:

Philip Seymour Hoffman Cause of Death: Toxic Drug Mix | TIME.com
Quote:
The actor and director Philip Seymour Hoffman died from a toxic mix of drugs, including heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamines, the New York City medical examiner said Friday.

His death was ruled an accident, a spokesperson for the office said, according to the Associated Press.

Traum is offline   Reply With Quote