REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Gundam Build Fighters (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692531-gundam-build-fighters.html)

Tim Budong 02-03-2014 10:05 PM

Gundam Build Fighters

Anyone watching?

Surprisingly good....And giving me that itch to start building some old kits I have lying around..

Everything from up to Ep17 is on the official Gundam YT channel subbed :D

Traum 02-03-2014 10:29 PM

Ha! Seems like it is the modernized version of Plamo-Kyoshiro. It sure brings back memories! I'll watch this one and let you know how I like it.

mac25 02-03-2014 10:50 PM

never really got into the gundam universe, but it's interesting to see a VR based anime series tackling the culture of building gundam kits.

OGCStrike 02-03-2014 11:32 PM

Im watching!! :nyan:
its nice to see some old gundams shown on HD anime, but just modified

urrh 02-04-2014 03:12 PM

i'm glad it's not another gundam anime about politics and only a couple kids can save the day because they have hope or some other bs

accl 02-04-2014 07:17 PM

i dunno.....seems like just a marketing tool to get kids into buying the models

Teriyaki 02-04-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accl (Post 8411389)
i dunno.....seems like just a marketing tool to get kids into buying the models

Completely agree. And I surprisingly like it. So glad they didn't try another One Year War re-hash with updated graphics and politics.

This one is easy to watch, and brings together gundams from different universes together! :toot:

ecchiecchi 02-04-2014 07:35 PM

I think it's a good break from all the serious plot gundam series have. The plot and action is not all that bad either.

Wait til you get to episode 15!

DragonChi 02-04-2014 07:36 PM

Still waiting on gundam unicorn.

rsx 02-04-2014 10:03 PM

I like it!

Traum 02-04-2014 10:58 PM

The Ramba Ral "cameo" appearance is the part I like best so far. Tributes to different aspects of the entire Gundam universe are also very much appreciated.

SpeedStars 02-04-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonChi (Post 8411403)
Still waiting on gundam unicorn.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-conten...2/05/11078.jpg
They should have an ep just on building this beast...it took me 3 days :okay:

Tim Budong 02-04-2014 11:18 PM

ALL THE FEELS seeing classics and such

Meijin's Kampfer is baddasssssss

ecchiecchi 02-05-2014 02:47 AM

I'm waiting on 00 units like Exia and such. Too bad it doesn't seem like they're gonna appear. (aside from the Exia Dark Matter)

duy- 02-11-2014 10:32 AM

so i started watching the series, and its really goofy compared to the three ive seen (gundam wing, gundam 00? and gundam seed)
im a couple episodes in and the word newtype comes coming up, i googled it and its japanese for transvestite? im really confused... is there something lost in the translation here...? and why did a japanese car maker call their cars newtypes.....

Traum 02-11-2014 10:51 AM

Here you go:

Newtype - Gundam Wiki

The best known (and arguably strongest) newtypes are the archrivals Amuro Ray and Char Aznable.

xyz123 02-11-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duy- (Post 8415055)
so i started watching the series, and its really goofy compared to the three ive seen (gundam wing, gundam 00? and gundam seed)
im a couple episodes in and the word newtype comes coming up, i googled it and its japanese for transvestite? im really confused... is there something lost in the translation here...? and why did a japanese car maker call their cars newtypes.....

Newtype from what I believe is only defined in the Gundam universe, in other words not many people would know what you mean unless you watch or read Gundam. The definition of Newtype in the manga/anime is somebody who is more evolved than your average human being. Similar definitions would be "Coordinators" in the Gundam Seed universe and "Innovators" in the Gundam 00 universe.

Pretty awesome series can't wait for more, brings back a lot of memories.

duy- 02-11-2014 11:16 AM

ah cool thanks for clearing that up guys.
im really enjoying this series, replace gundam with cars and you got me in a nutshell. some people build theirs for aesthetics or nostalgia, some to be raced, but all the detail and hard work into some inanimate object, i can relate

Culture_Vulture 02-11-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urrh (Post 8411207)
i'm glad it's not another gundam anime about politics and only a couple kids can save the day because they have hope or some other bs

Aside from the handful of 12 year old prepubescent boys, I kind of like the whole political aspect of most of the Gundam series.

Traum 02-11-2014 11:59 AM

A good number of the Gundam series / OVAs are not about 12-14 year old prepubescent boys though. Just off the top of my head, from the UC0079 universe alone, we have:

- 08th MS Team
- 0080: War in the Pocket
- 0083: Stardust Memory
- Char's Counterattack

Another really, really good one is a manga about a Giren assassination attempt. But really, while the anime (esp the more recent ones) may give you the false impression that the show is all about conceited 12 year old prepubescent boys, they only make up for a small part of the Gundam universe.

CorneringArtist 04-06-2014 08:56 PM

Long-range bump as the season just ended. Solid ending, and for anyone wondering why not a lot of 00-era Gundams (and zero Unicorn) showed up was because of an agreement having to do with the network broadcasting GBF, and the network that generally showed any other series. No series within 5 years were to be shown, which is why Dynames and Kyrios (<-the ep with Kyrios had character cameos related to 00, the pilot specifically) were in 1st season, and only ONE 00 2nd season suit showed up in the entire series.

Overall, it was a decent series, even if the political intrigue wasn't present like in every other series...although, it did work me over pretty good on what the series intended to do. I've made a hobby out of building Gunpla kits having bought the BF Qubeley and Kampfer, a special version of the Full Armor Gundam, an MG SEED kit, and I discovered the awesome that was 08th MS Team, and I'm building both Gundam Ez8 and Ground Type and have an old-school Gouf flight Type.

BTW, Episode 23 is like maximum feels for cameos!

gn02156668 04-06-2014 09:20 PM

very nice. I am a fan of Gundam 0079 , 08 MS team and Gundam 0083. Particular the Zaku , the single eye giant .

Edison_Chen 04-06-2014 09:27 PM

It was prettying good anime, coming from a non Gudam fan. I wish the series was a bit longer.

ae101 04-07-2014 07:26 AM

i saw the trailer at the HK anime show last year, it didnt look that good to me as the storyline sounds bit boring but i.will give a go
Posted via RS Mobile

Teriyaki 04-08-2014 11:00 PM

Finished the series. Wow, that was way better than expected. Just a fun ride the entire way through.

All the cameo's, especially near the final few episodes were absolutely awesome for the old school Gundam fans like myself. Sad to see this one end. Not too sure how and if they'll make a second season out of this timeline. Will look forward to it if they do though.