REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Anyone heard of Autoform Performance? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692623-anyone-heard-autoform-performance.html)

GS8 02-07-2014 09:39 AM

Anyone heard of Autoform Performance?

1885 Clarke Dr. Vancouver

Basically a friend of mine wants a Pontiac G8. There aren't any locally that matches what he wants but he found one that is being offered through this company.

$$$$$$$$co.ca

Only thing is that its from the US, as in it's still on the auction lot somewhere in IOWA. They've been chatting back and forth and the dealer laid out exactly how the process works. The car has about 70,000 KM and it's priced around $20,000 but that's before taxes, import fees etc.

I know nothing about this kind of thing so two questions:

Is it worth it?

Is this company trustworthy or will they milk my friend for his money?

Thanks

xXSupa 02-07-2014 09:44 AM

$$$$$$$$ hosted that Paul Walker meet a while back. I don't know more about them though.

white rocket 02-07-2014 09:51 AM

I have heard of them but cannot speak on how they conduct themselves. I haven't heard any negative reviews though. Sounds like they are controlling the cost of the car. I doubt your friend will pay what they pay for it. The import fees, taxes, levies, etc are all standard and provable. What they charge for the service should be asked.

Tell your friend to ditch the G8 buy this GTO: 2006 Turbo Pontiac GTO!!

320icar 02-07-2014 10:35 AM

Seen a few of the cars they offer and heard a few things about the vehicles. They give me the feel of a "Lemon" car. Even some of the '11s they had have problems already. Speed wobbles and such
Posted via RS Mobile

kwy 02-07-2014 11:35 AM

I've been there after hours..if you want a little personal anecdote, send me a PM.

Gucci Mane 02-07-2014 11:37 AM

sell your car to your friend lol

vexor 02-07-2014 11:48 AM

My website has a partnership with them and from my experience the people are nice and friendly. However I don't know how their business model works or how much they charge extra for a profit on each car they import/sell.

As for the cars themselves, I only get to test drive them for about an hour and half at most and apart from the odd "tire pressure low" light being on, I can't say how reliable the cars are but out of the 20 or so cars I've test driven from them, I've never had a problem.

Stiig 02-07-2014 12:15 PM

Is this the shop where instagram user @westcoastcarevents show off the cars that they sell? IIRC the guy joyrides on the cars they sell.Personally wouldnt buy a car from them
Posted via RS Mobile

GS8 02-07-2014 02:08 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think my friend factored in the price of their services on top of the other fees. I don't think he'll come out ahead of this. And if the staff do beat on the cars, well then, that's just retarded.

My friend doesn't like GTOs, lol.

PLUJ 02-07-2014 08:07 PM

During the Paul Walker meet, the guy that organized it was standing on there shops M3 trunk, Wonder if it was for sale. Never had experience with the dealership though.

meme405 02-07-2014 08:18 PM

All I can say is, when you give a bunch of teenagers the keys to expensive sports cars and seemingly unlimited reign on what they can do with them. How do you think they are going to treat the vehicles?

EDIT: InB4 DylanK or other people affiliated with the dealership trance in here defending it...

ilvtofu 02-08-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8413077)
And if the staff do beat on the cars, well then, that's just retarded.

You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer dealership with lot staff that don't occasionally drive a car harder than they should. Young guys + nice cars, are we really that naive?

fivetwo 02-08-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLUJ (Post 8413250)
During the Paul Walker meet, the guy that organized it was standing on there shops M3 trunk, Wonder if it was for sale. Never had experience with the dealership though.

White e46 vert is owned by the lot manager
Instagram @joshkujundzic
Posted via RS Mobile

Jgresch 02-08-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivetwo (Post 8413411)
Instagram @joshkujundzic
Posted via RS Mobile

oh phew. I thought he was standing on the back of someone else's m3!

...oh wait

PLUJ 02-08-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Instagram @joshkujundzic
Posted via RS Mobile

It was a e92 m3, im pretty sure it was for sale, it's on their facebook page.

GS8 02-08-2014 07:47 PM

In any event, they are being quite cordial yet semi spammy with my friend through their email conversation.

Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like they would charge a hefty premium for their services. Looking back, I swear they were offering imported G8s for ridiculous prices ($35k).

meme405 02-08-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Instagram @joshkujundzic
Posted via RS Mobile

He was standing on the back of a dealership vehicle as posted above it was an E92 M3 with $$$$$$$$ front plate and demonstration plate.

AstulzerRZD 02-11-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8413775)
He was standing on the back of a dealership vehicle as posted above it was an E92 M3 with $$$$$$$$ front plate and demonstration plate.

They had the E9x M3 Vert and the 991 Vert at the Chinatown Parade.
Driven by some guys in sunglasses with two ladies sitting on the trunklid
Wonder if there are any issues with the vert mechanism :heckno:

Stiig 02-11-2014 09:34 PM

^ depends how fat those ladies were i guess.
Posted via RS Mobile

xpl0sive 02-12-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8413714)
In any event, they are being quite cordial yet semi spammy with my friend through their email conversation.

Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like they would charge a hefty premium for their services. Looking back, I swear they were offering imported G8s for ridiculous prices ($35k).

There are a lot of local dealerships who specialize in importing vehicles for a percentage of the purchase price. With the dollar being so low right now, you would be paying a bit more to import a G8... maybe try find one in Canada?
Here's one on the island

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/cto/4273808182.html

GS8 02-12-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 8415670)
There are a lot of local dealerships who specialize in importing vehicles for a percentage of the purchase price. With the dollar being so low right now, you would be paying a bit more to import a G8... maybe try find one in Canada?
Here's one on the island

2009 Pontiac Very Rare G8 GT with 72k

He's seen that one.

After talking with him some more, he's probably going to wait till the summer time or get something different.

Still nice to see further input about this particular company.

Szeto 02-12-2014 03:35 PM

Consumer Protection BC
Did you know that the Motor Vehicle Sales Authority posts consumer alerts on their website? Check out this one about a Coquitlam car dealer licence suspension. Know a friend who could use this info? Share this post! LINK

Motor Vehicle Sales Authority of BC

ONLINE LICENSEE SEARCH
http://publicregistry.mvsabc.com/Pag...?ReturnUrl=%2f

Haven't used it much and a quick search on $$$$$$$$ doesn't get you useful info... perhaps try BBB?

white rocket 02-13-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szeto (Post 8415788)
Check out this one about a Coquitlam car dealer licence suspension.

They are a sponsor on here too. That's fuckin' tragic :failed:

Tom tookalook 12-06-2016 09:25 AM

scam

Watch out for Auto Performance they are not honest and your typical used car sales men They are part time car sales part time cigar shop RUN when you hear their name

320icar 12-06-2016 09:36 AM

... Thanks for the bump?