REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

2014 Rav4 Fog Light Installation

Hey guys,

I am looking to install fog lights onto my 2014 RAV4.
Ordered this kit: Fog Lights / Lamps Kit OEM Replacement for Toyota RAV4 2013 (FL-TY099-AC3) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Wondering if anyone has had any experience installing this using the OEM fog light wiring. I have looked on the rav4 forum and there has been someone who did use it, however this wire diagram left me with a few questions which I am hoping someone could possibly answer for me.
RAV4_FOG_RELAY.jpg

RAV4_Fog_Light_Circuit.jpg

The post instructed to get a 4 pin relay to place into the fog light's relay spot in the relay box in the engine bay.

As for the wiring diagram picture, from the Fog Dash switch, one wire (red) goes to the VSC switch red wire for power to give illumination for the switch. A black wire goes to ground, and the white wire will lead to the MIT relay (made in taiwan, its their name for the kit). At the relay, the black and blue wire will be grounded, and the red wire will lead to connect to a #36 white wire at the plug.

I am wondering what wire is this #36? Is this the wire that pretty much leads to the OEM fog light wiring? Or if anyone magically has the wiring diagram for that plug would be helpful.

Sorry for the lengthy read.

Thanks for your help.
Advertisement
iKayChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
Circle Stick Square Mod

most likely that is behind the interior panel junction box or the fuse panel... the wire might be lights on.

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Tigger View Post
most likely that is behind the interior panel junction box or the fuse panel... the wire might be lights on.
Thanks for your help. A friend and I just experimented a bit and eventually we got it without blowing anything up lol.
iKayChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I'm having same problem, anyone out there, we both would really appreciate the assistance.
Rxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:38 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

the wire might be lights on.
rgaishadah is offline   Reply With Quote