REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Advice on appealing a license suspension (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692862-advice-appealing-license-suspension.html)

yellowpower 02-15-2014 11:42 PM

Advice on appealing a license suspension

v_tec 02-15-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowpower (Post 8417693)
Of 2 of the N sign tickets i received, both of them I had gotten my N sign stolen while I was downtown after midnight, and because of that, I had absolutely no way of getting any N sign at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowpower (Post 8417693)
At this point in my life, I really can not afford to lose my license, I need it for the commute to school

:fuckthatshit:

Say hello to Translink

http://stephenrees.files.wordpress.c...-2007_1220.jpg

bballguy 02-15-2014 11:57 PM

pwn3d

bballguy 02-15-2014 11:58 PM

Don't think your lack of 'N' sign has anything to do with your license suspension....

CRS 02-16-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8417701)
Don't think your lack of 'N' sign has anything to do with your license suspension....

It does if he was ticketed for driving contrary to restrictions (instead of failure to display N sign).

bballguy 02-16-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 8417704)
It does if he was ticketed for driving contrary to restrictions (instead of failure to display N sign).

True, but that's not what OP described his case as.

Euro7r 02-16-2014 12:14 AM

If it's your first infraction, then you might have a chance appealing. Since you have a history of several violations, might be tough to appeal if anything.

I've gotten busted without "N" before and officer let me go with a warning since I had a clean record.

You should have took a piece of paper and scribble 'N' and slap it on the back, better than nothing lol.

Mr.HappySilp 02-16-2014 12:17 AM

Driving is a privilege not a right. You lost that privilege so man up.

doritos 02-16-2014 12:48 AM

I never had my sign stolen back when I was a new driver. with that no "N" sign bs. How hard is it to get out the car, take the sign off and put it inside? takes 10 secs...

Its understandable new drivers want to hide their "N" sign to look cool like they have their class 5 but is it really worth it?

Take the bus but you're probably lazy. I doubt your father is relying on you to help with his business while he's sick and you're goin to school

Autorice 02-16-2014 04:44 AM

doesn't hurt to appeal and state your case about you need it for work. they will still give you a suspension but usually it won't be as long as if you didn't appeal (and have a legitimate reason to appeal)

GabAlmighty 02-16-2014 06:12 AM

Appealing will probably get you 1 month off your suspension

FerrariEnzo 02-16-2014 06:30 AM

well.. If money is no concern, I think the best bet at this point is consult a lawyer... othwerwise your SOL...

bballguy 02-16-2014 06:36 AM

How long is your suspension for?

smaggs 02-16-2014 08:31 AM

A friend of mine had his license suspended for a year and was able to appeal it as he there wasn't any public transport from his home to his work and he worked a public safety government job. They brought it down to 4 months but it was as of the date they got back to him which was already a couple months into the suspension so it ended up being 6 months in total.

Like others have said though, you know the laws and you went against them...time to come to terms. Consider hanging the N sign inside the car next time as well if they still provide those little hooks or the adhesive sleeves.

320icar 02-16-2014 11:24 AM

I once got a 3 month suspension in feb 2010, and because of a single speeding ticket (62 in a 50). I decided to man up and deal with it because
- it costs $100 to appeal
- takes sometimes over a month to start the appeal process
- i didn't want to deal with icbc
Posted via RS Mobile

Inaii 02-16-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doritos (Post 8417736)
I never had my sign stolen back when I was a new driver. with that no "N" sign bs. How hard is it to get out the car, take the sign off and put it inside? takes 10 secs...

This. I always removed my N when I left the car (even just to go inside shopping). I didn't always remember to put the thing back on, but had I ever been pulled over I would have understood it was my responsibility to make sure it was on there. Also I always caried a spare in case I forgot to take it off and it got swiped.

You don't really have much to appeal. You fucked up, deal with it.

rriggi 02-16-2014 12:30 PM

Appeal for compassionate reasons which I can only really see as helping your father who is now ill. School isn't a reason because of how many students take transit. I mean if you live in Pemberton and go to UBC that might be different but yeah....

When I had my N I was on the verge of getting another ticket and getting my DL suspended. You can bet I stopped speeding around, I'd leave my phone in my pocket, and didn't dick around with GPS units. My job requires a license, and getting suspended would instantly get me fired, and I lived in an area with no bus service in the mornings. I was the asshole who held up traffic doing 75 in an 80 zone, and became the flake who never answered his phone and yada yada.

You received a letter of probation and knowing you need your license for all these various reasons you continued to dick around with GPS units and now have ended up in this situation.

Don't expect much sympathy from RS lol

zulutango 02-16-2014 12:38 PM

I chose to break 2 different traffic laws & I got caught and now I don't want to pay the penalty. Please tell me how to get away with it. Welcome to RS.:whine:

twitchyzero 02-16-2014 01:34 PM

hey just don't forget to pay for skytrain this Wed if we beat team USA in hockey

Quote:

So right after we beat slovakia, some guy on the same train as us smokes a joint in the back while the train is going two stations before stadium skytrain station. At the time, it was peak hour of the game so there were only a few people in the train besides us.

Then once we get to the next station, the cops come in and pull some drunk guys out and ticket them. They ask the civilians who was smoking weed and they say its us, but by the time that happened, the train was already moving. One station later, at stadium, the cops come in again called by most likely the radio, and then they pull us off and ask for our tickets.

Out of our group, me and another friend dont have a ticket. So they ticket us when there are probably atleast ten other people in the skytrain who dont have fare... and on top of that WE JUST AND I MEAN JUST, BEAT FUCKIN SLOVAKIA INTO OUR WAY TO GOLD. WHAT THE FUACK

There is no way i am paying the $137 fine, cops are f**king assholes str8 up.

Anyone been ticketed before? If so could u explain the process of disputing it?
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60716...-slovakia.html

lol

hal0g0dv2 02-16-2014 08:10 PM

lol wish I could thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

MaaaadMan 02-16-2014 09:23 PM

Lucky you, I never had a car when I went to school. Try taping your N sign on the inside of your rear window next time.

stewie 02-16-2014 10:24 PM

For the N....doesn't icbc give you a little sticky case to stick on the inside of your rear window?
Kinda helps prevent the whole "some 13 year old brat must've stolen it!" excuse.

You got an N, who cares who sees it.

Seems so difficult to follow the most basic and simple rules.
Posted via RS Mobile

nma 02-16-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8418008)
hey just don't forget to pay for skytrain this Wed if we beat team USA in hockey

http://www.revscene.net/forums/60716...-slovakia.html

lol

Some people NEVER learn.. LOL!

geeknerd 02-17-2014 06:36 AM

i used to have 10 spare N signs in my car. its free so anytime i passed icbc at the mall, id get some.

zulutango 02-17-2014 07:44 AM

I did a re-read of the OP...this was the second no-N ticket he got. One would have thought after the first one...........One could also wonder at the odds of him being stopped the only 2 times when he didn't have his N displayed. What a coincidence? As my Drill Cpl used to say as he laughed while I did 50 pushups for not meeting his standard..."suck it up butter cup". I learned that life has consequences...hope the Op now has the message?