REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #26
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
LOL you know that dude probably wrote the slip up in his car and was like

fuck this shit
I watch my mailman do it once. He said sorry it'll be at the post office tomorrow and drove off. I was out of word.

Better than the no sig required ones tho. They put the box down and then put the welcome mat on top. Now no one can see it...........
Advertisement
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #27

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
I guess it depends on the location on where you live... my mailman/men are pretty consistent...

Also for you guys that haven't received your packages in a month...what the hell are you guys ordering?! Sometimes things get stuck at customs for further inspection...also if you're ordering something from like..China..don't expect it to arrive in a week lol
Old 03-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #28
R&R
I STILL don't get it

What should I do if canada post says delivered but it's nowhere to be seen?
R&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:24 AM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
fucking unions, no need for canada post anymore, just go private and encourage everyone to do online/paperless
Fuck that! CP is the only one that doesn't rape with with brokerage fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
I've been home waiting for a package all morning. Never heard the doorbell, go look online and see it says "attempted delivery at 10:16, left slip"...

I've literally been sitting 5 steps from the door all morning. Never heard the doorbell or a knock even once.

Now I have to drive 15 minutes to pick it up... FML.
I remember seeing a thing on their website a while back about this, there's a reason why they do it but I can't remember what it is. Maybe something to do with capacity of the trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
I have 2 post office locations fairly close to where i live, my last package was dropped off for me to pick up 5 locations away, about 10km. Pretty retarded.
I'm guessing either the closer stops or the trucks going to the closer stops might've been full. There is a limit to how much mail they can hold you know.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
bump
ive noticed they been getting really lazy as of late
they just drop off the delivery attempt notice without even knocking/ringing the bell
now i have to wait until tmr afternoon to go pick it up
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #31
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
[rant mode on]

it's a no win situation for me.

i ordered something from a mail order business in richmond that was supposed to be canada post express mail (1-2 days delivery) to me last tuesday. it's now monday and i still haven't received it. tracking shows a "clerical error expect delays" and not much else. i called the seller and they told me that i was not alone and canada post has messed up their orders since the last half of june. seller filed a claim but could not allow me come and pick up a replacement in person because they are not set up for walk in customers, but they would be happy to send it out again canada post... damn.

and what about private?

i used UPS ground to ship two identical packages together from florida to me. first it arrives 4 days late because the shipment was misdirected. and then i was billed twice for brokerage because the ups store the shipment originated from made the paperwork out as two separate shipments instead of one combined single shipment.

after a week of hassle (did i mention they only accept paperwork via fax or mail, no email? and their fax number is not toll free), they finally changed it one shipment and released my stuff from holding, but not before charging me another $15 admin fee for correcting the paperwork. i ask them why i have to pay for their mistakes, and the phone operator said it's not ups' fault that the ups store made the error, and because ups stores are franchises ups is not responsible for their mistakes. whatever. i was tired, and i needed my stuff so i let them bill me over the phone on my credit card, and i thought it was over.

fast forward one month, and i get two separate invoices from UPS in the mail 2 days apart. their collections department were claiming non-payment for the original 2 brokerage payments that were incorrect.

unbelievable.

so today i argued for 40 minutes this morning with them over the phone until they said they were going to cancel the collections notices. i asked to speak to a manager to give them a piece of my mind but they would only take my number and someone would call me back (doubt it).

[rant off]
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #32
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
bump
they just drop off the delivery attempt notice without even knocking/ringing the bell
Perhaps, your usual postie is on vacation. I have noticed that the person covering will often just leave the slip and dump all the parcels at the post office. I have all my parcels delivered to my work address, and noticed this a few times when the postie is different from the usual guy.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #33

@thumper: why didn't you just use usps?

ups is the worst shipping carrier i have ever used/dealt with.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #34
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
@thumper: why didn't you just use usps?

ups is the worst shipping carrier i have ever used/dealt with.
oversize. fedex was almost $100 more, but now in hindsight i wish i had gone fedex instead.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #35
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Use anybody but UPS at all costs. You may pay less up front with UPS but you will always pay more in the end.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #36

UPS and DHL are 2 you should avoid at all costs for shipping AND receiving parcels
Old 05-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #37
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
UPS is the worst. I ordered two identical Nexus 5 phones from Google on launch day, same order slip, same color, same GB, etc... both were shipped from Kentucky to Vancouver. I got one in 5 days (not bad) but the other one took 2 weeks to get here even though the tracking info says both were shipped on the same day. Makes zero fucking sense.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #38
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Something I noticed the difference with UPS deliveries vs others. UPS, it is always the same driver on the same route. They often spend the effort knowing your name etc.

Fedex, DHL etc are all random and they don't care much.

For me that is a huge difference, eg the UPS driver, after a few times, knows when I am most likely be home and try to deliver around that time. That happen at Coal Harbor and Coquitlam.

Yes UPS has its horrible bits like the surcharge for clearance, however there are so many well documented ways to get around that. Not to mention it is not the delivery guys fault you want to be cheap.

Back to topic, Canada post is offering $500 gc to be on some kind of panel.

Last edited by godwin; 05-12-2014 at 04:04 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
bump

I don't even think my mail man showed up on Thursday or Friday!!! It's 5:35 on Monday and I don't think I've even had mail service since Wednesday of last week!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #40
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
I've gotten a e-mail from USPS.com, says my parcel has arrived on may 7th. It also tells me to print the label on where to receive my parcel, I click the link nothing..
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #41
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I still have my delivery notice card from May 2nd that was left on my door with no attempts of door knocks or bells. What i find really fascinating is that the postal office cannot track down the parcel... opened a complaint file and they just told me to keep checking the postal office...
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote