REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #51
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Lets bring it back to the audi tt

Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #52
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
^
WUNDERBAR! after watching the first video.

The front is growing on me.

And, I like that it is shedding a lot of pounds (I think, if I remember correctly, 200 lbs) for an already fast 0-60 time in the current-gen.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #53
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts

420HP.

The TT-RS Successor (high probability according to Jalopnik).

The honeycomb grille is MUCH more enticing.

Quote:

At first I wasn't sold on the looks of the 2015 Audi TT. But the more I look at it, the more I learn to like it. You know what else I like about it? That Audi just debuted a successor to the mighty Audi TT-RS with a whopping 420 horsepower. This is the Audi TT Quattro Sport Concept. P

The most amazing thing about this car is where those 420 horses come from: a humble 2.0-liter TFSI turbocharged four-cylinder, the EA888 used in the new Audi S3, Volkswagen Golf R and other models. P

Audi says it's a new benchmark in the four-cylinder category, one with 210 horsepower per liter, a superior ratio to even Audi's Le Mans-winning 2001 R18 race car. No, it's not the wonderful old five-cylinder from the TT-RS, but it's probably better in the end. P

Should they actually build it — or at least build its engine — it may trump the Mercedes CLA45 AMG's motor as the most powerful production four-banger on earth.

Also, it looks beautifully aggressive. I love those huge wheels, the rear spoiler, and the very blatant display of its horsepower figure on the side so as to leave no doubt that it's awesome. P

Is it fast? Giiiiiiirrrrrrl, you better believe it's fast. Audi says that since it only weighs 2,963 pounds, it will do zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds. That's about as fast as a Corvette Stingray from just four cylinders. Damn. P

And of course, as is to be expected from Audi, there's permanent quattro all-wheel drive and a dual-clutch gearbox. While it's just a concept at the moment, Audi says it's a hardcore machine, "designed for racing – an extreme driving machine for the motorsports enthusiasts among our customers." P

Sweet, sign us up.
The Audi TT Quattro Sport Concept Is Fuck You, Mercedes CLA45 AMG
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #54
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
holy shite ttrs!

that looks much! better than the current ttrs
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #55
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
The new Boxster is gorgeous. I never liked the old one.
That's because Porsche didn't stick to their original design concept.

1993 Porsche Boxster

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:24 AM   #56
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I am sure engineers and executives have discussed about that prior to the debt of new TT and figured out that the screen will be fine within warranty period.

I don't know how reliable or unreliable screens can be.

Just think about your TV, cell phone, computer, ipod, ipad, GPS, screens are everywhere and I don't have a problem with them unless they're 20+ years old.

Heck, even fighter jets and commercial aircrafts have glass cockpit, which presumably need a lot more reliable equipment than cars.
(Yes, I know they tend to put analogue altimeter and ASI as well just incase, but still...)

I've had some issues before when I bought some shady eBay products from China but that was that.
Anyone you know own a 20 year old cell phone, computer, ipod, ipad, or GPS? And aircraft have a lot more maintenance than a car they also cost a lot more. Future tech is going to make cars worthless when they are around 10 to 15 years old.