REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #326
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to switch to vaping for work reasons. Is Eastside Vapes still the best place to go to get a starter kit and learn the basics of refillable e-cigs, or is there another shop worth looking into? I'm in Surrey, but I did read that the better shops were across the bridge.

Last time I tried to vape, I attempted to use one of those London Drugs starter kits and it drove me back to cigarettes really quickly because the taste was terrible, and without nicotine, wasn't the same.

Last edited by CorneringArtist; 06-04-2014 at 06:17 AM.
CorneringArtist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #327
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Looks like I'm going to have to switch to vaping for work reasons. Is Eastside Vapes still the best place to go to get a starter kit and learn the basics of refillable e-cigs, or is there another shop worth looking into? I'm in Surrey, but I did read that the better shops were across the bridge.

Last time I tried to vape, I attempted to use one of those London Drugs starter kits and it drove me back to cigarettes really quickly because the taste was terrible, and without nicotine, wasn't the same.
you should skip the starter kits and get something like the innokin itaste vv 3 with a kanger evod tank for around the same price. imo way better then a starter kit, but pretty good for beginners

http://www.innokin.com/itaste-vv-v3.0.html

vancity vapor might be a bit closer to you since its on Kingsway across from Metrotown. They should have everything you need and can teach you the basics
http://www.vancityvapor.com/

Eastside does have a better selection of juice imo. My buddy just got the Ume/Taro flavor from there and its pretty awesome lol

Last edited by Vansterdam; 06-04-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2014, 07:31 AM   #328
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
HAWK MOTHER FUCKING SAUCE! fullsrs.

BUY IT NOW LC21 OR I WILL BAN YOU!!! notsrs.
You guys can keep your hacksauce. Its basically the only decent flavor that mbv has

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #329

Quote:

There's also cev Vancouver. In bby across from Anton's pasta.

Esv and cev are head to head with pricing, with cev having the upper hand in juice and flavor selection.

If you want to get into advanced vaping, then esv has more mechs and more rebuildable items

Either way, you are not bound to one shop after you've purchased your initial kit

This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post

vancity vapor might be a bit closer to you since its on Kingsway across from Metrotown. They should have everything you need and can teach you the basics
Vancity Vapor est. 2010 Electronic Cigarettes in Vancouver, B.C. Canada ,Personal Vaporizers and Divine Fog Vapor Liquid.
Serious? If you like high pg content liquids and overpriced kits. Then by all means go to Vancity vapes

FYI they sell single coil kanger heads there for 15-20 bucks there, where as every other retailer sells them for 8-9 bucks

Old 06-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #331
ESKETIT

really? I only suggested them since he said he was coming from Surrey and it would be the closest store to him.

they do charge no tax and I was just comparing prices with the Innokin Itaste vv where its only $40 there no tax vs $42.50 +tax at ESV also did a price comparsion on the Kanger Aerotank mini vs other stores and its still cheaper there.

a quick search of their website says 5pc kanger coils go for $15-$17 so not sure where you got that price from lol

I never did recommend a kit or juice from them though lol bought a 5 pack of juice from them and found it to be pretty watery and only enjoyed 2 of the flavors
Old 06-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #332
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I have a chi you clone mechanical if anybodys interested. Comes with slim top cap. Barely used. Also have a evic starter kit with extra 18350 n 18650 tubes in black. Great for a beginners! Also have protank and protank style to go with evic. Pm me for details
flipkronikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #333

Either way you look at it, 15 bucks for a 5 pack of coils is still pretty pricey !

I am still amazed at the amount of people that like Vancity vapes juices. But then again, thats just my opinion

Old 06-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #334
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Just picked up a stillare hcigar clone, O ring doesnt hold the cap on tight. Suggestions?
nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyen View Post
Just picked up a stillare hcigar clone, O ring doesnt hold the cap on tight. Suggestions?
Take the oring out and tie a small amount of dental floss behind it. Replace that oring and then it should fit tighter than before

Old 06-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #336
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangruver View Post
Take the oring out and tie a small amount of dental floss behind it. Replace that oring and then it should fit tighter than before
Nice, yeah I'll try that out later, and another problem with it, the adjustable airflow cap up top is pretty snug where as I can't adjust it without taking the cap off itself.
nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #337
"Entertainment" mod.

Quote:
you should skip the starter kits and get something like the innokin itaste vv 3 with a kanger evod tank for around the same price. imo way better then a starter kit, but pretty good for beginners

iTaste VV V3.0 - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer|Best Vape MOD| Innokin

Vancity Vapor est. 2010 Electronic Cigarettes in Vancouver, B.C. Canada ,Personal Vaporizers and Divine Fog Vapor Liquid.

Eastside does have a better selection of juice imo. My buddy just got the Ume/Taro flavor from there and its pretty awesome lol
Thanks for all the info! So if I was to put all that together based on the suggestions it would be this:

Innokin itaste 800mah V3.0 VV/VW - Vancity Vapor est. 2010 Vancouver, BC Canada

Plus this:

New! KangerTech Aerotank Mini Airflow Control Pyrex Glass Clear Cartomizer with Upgraded Dual Coil- 1.3ml - Vancity Vapor est. 2010

And just in case, this as mentioned later in the discussion:

5pc KangerTech UPGRADED Dual Coil Unit for KangerTech Cartomizers - Vancity Vapor est. 2010

And of course, the juice.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyen View Post
Nice, yeah I'll try that out later, and another problem with it, the adjustable airflow cap up top is pretty snug where as I can't adjust it without taking the cap off itself.
Its supposed to be tight or at least tighter. Set it once and forget it

Old 06-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #339
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
i used to go to vancity vapor for the lychee juice from divine fog which only they carry, but now im sick of the lychee flavor so im not sure if ill ever go back to vancity vapor lol

and yes the divine fog u get from them is veryyyyyy watered down
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #340
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Isnt $15 for 5 coils average price?

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #341
ESKETIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangruver View Post
Either way you look at it, 15 bucks for a 5 pack of coils is still pretty pricey !

I am still amazed at the amount of people that like Vancity vapes juices. But then again, thats just my opinion
I agree the juices there suck lol. I think ESV charges the same price for coils. If you find a better price online or locally please let me know

just went with a buddy to get a Innokin VV + evod tank and a juice from Vancity Vapes for $59 tax in. I went a few weeks ago to ESV with another friend for the same thing and it was around $60 after taxes without the juice,

btw does anyone know if only the new updated kanger coils work for both the Aerotank mini and regular Aerotank? I hope I dont have to buy 2 sets of different coils for both tanks lol

Last edited by Vansterdam; 06-04-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #342
ESKETIT

Quote:
Thanks for all the info! So if I was to put all that together based on the suggestions it would be this:

Innokin itaste 800mah V3.0 VV/VW - Vancity Vapor est. 2010 Vancouver, BC Canada

Plus this:

New! KangerTech Aerotank Mini Airflow Control Pyrex Glass Clear Cartomizer with Upgraded Dual Coil- 1.3ml - Vancity Vapor est. 2010

And just in case, this as mentioned later in the discussion:

5pc KangerTech UPGRADED Dual Coil Unit for KangerTech Cartomizers - Vancity Vapor est. 2010

And of course, the juice.
good choice on the Aerotank mini! I just bought one today and my regular Aerotank came in the mail today from slowtech =D

if you dont mind the slowass shipping you can get the Itaste for $25 here

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1363...riable-voltage

and Aerotank regular for around $20

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1633...aromizer-2-5ml

also, if you do decide to get some juice from vancity, I recommend peach or litchi. they say apple and blackberry are the most popular but I find them meh. lol

stick with ESV,CEV or mtbaker online for your juices

Last edited by Vansterdam; 06-04-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #343
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
btw does anyone know if only the new updated kanger coils work for both the Aerotank mini and regular Aerotank? I hope I dont have to buy 2 sets of different coils for both tanks lol
Aerotank mini uses the new style dual coils that are shared with the Aerotank Mega, the coil encases the wick

Regular Aerotank uses the old style dual coils which has the wicks exposed and are shared with Protank 3 and the Evod 2

And then theres the origional single coil which is shared with Evods, Protank 1 & 2 & Mini

And and then theres the MT3S/T3s only coils...

LOL

locally, this place seems to have the best price, only down side is online order only and shipped to ur door

dual coils for $11
https://vaporgeek.com/shop/index.php...product_id=270

singles coils for $7.50
https://vaporgeek.com/shop/index.php...product_id=288

still havnt found where to buy the new style dual coils for my aerotank mega/minis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #344
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Have you guys had any problems shipping juices from mtbaker vapor to vancouver?

The thug juice looks intriguing.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:42 PM   #345
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I've put in a few orders with them and no issues for me
Mlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:00 AM   #346
ESKETIT

Nope. No problems. Just no free samples unless you ship it to US address I think. just tried hawk sauce today and it was pretty good. I ordered the thug juice and the hawk sauce both with a extra flavor shot

Last edited by Vansterdam; 06-05-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #347
ESKETIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
Aerotank mini uses the new style dual coils that are shared with the Aerotank Mega, the coil encases the wick

Regular Aerotank uses the old style dual coils which has the wicks exposed and are shared with Protank 3 and the Evod 2

And then theres the origional single coil which is shared with Evods, Protank 1 & 2 & Mini

And and then theres the MT3S/T3s only coils...

LOL

locally, this place seems to have the best price, only down side is online order only and shipped to ur door

dual coils for $11
https://vaporgeek.com/shop/index.php...product_id=270

singles coils for $7.50
https://vaporgeek.com/shop/index.php...product_id=288

still havnt found where to buy the new style dual coils for my aerotank mega/minis
according to this website and photo, it says the new coils will work for both the old aerotank and the new aerotank mini/mega and also the protank 3 and a few others.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #348
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:

I'd say if you want a cheaper set up that works just fine is

CE5 Aspire Or Aspire ET-S CE5S Model, they run about $10-13 for just the atomizer at vaporcity
Get an 650mAh Variable voltage battery by either Elego or Kangertech VV which cost under $25

There are a few vaporshop to list

Vancouver:
ESV - Cheap - They have a $6 bottle on tuesday between 4-6 & stamp card - Your to go to shop for any mech mods.
Vaporcity - Cheap equipment and $8 for all their juice - They have a 4 buy get 1 free
Vancity vapor - Price is kinda high.
I'd recommend you to go both east side vape and vapor city cause they're both within a block of each other

Richmond:
Vape up solution - buy 3 for $22 , they carry a lot of juice line, dark side vapor
I Love Vape?
These guys are both pretty close on alexandre road too

Burnaby:
CEV on Hasting - They have good customer service and okay price juice

These are the shop I've been to and recommend cause of their customer services, there's other but just plain rude or highly expensive.
Alkrus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #349
"Entertainment" mod.

Decided I'd run my "starter" setup through Vancity. Ended up creating the setup I previously mentioned, but replaced the Aerotank Mini with a Protank 3 to use the new style coils. I ate the premium on what they charge for juice, but I'll end up going elsewhere in the future.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #350
ESKETIT

^ lol shouldof got a aerotank regular instead then. I think the only difference is that the Aerotank has airflow control and the protank 3 dosent. You could always just buy the airflow piece seperate and add it to your protank. It helps increase flavor and more smoke clouds

I believe the newer style coils wouldof worked with the aerotanks and protank 3 like stated in my previous post.

ESV isnt that cheap imo they started jacking up the prices on everything. they got good prices and deals on juice though