REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #26
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
I think you're missing the point. As Canadian citizens, we posses what the china girls want. A ticket to Canada. Its doesn't matter how poor you are if the china girl's family wants into Canada at any cost with a guaranteed opportunity to raise children in a clean environment. Marriage to a Canadian citizen provides a different avenue and a better chance for immigration or permanent resident status for the china girl and her rich china famiry. Better chance than any investor programme.

yes marry you and dump your ass right after the paper are sign. My mom's co-worker experience the same thing. Went to China dated this girl back and forth and as soon as she came to Canada with him she already started to complainning that he only had a honda while she drives a BMW in China. Wouldn't even sleep with him that night and high tail out the next day......

Just for luagh
Do you really want to be like this guy after marrying a woman from china that's richer than you? Not that this girl is form China but it could happen lol.
Advertisement

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 03-06-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
In the last 5 months 2 gas stations in Nanaimo including one owned by a relative were sold to people from China. Talking to a real estate agent because of the law change the amount of Chinese that want to buy a business is increasing. He has 2 clients coming from China this week. Immigration is good for business.

Immigrants may not assimilate but there children will.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
These rich people are making a fuss over something that can be resolved through other government sponsored immigration programs.

The immigration lawyers that these ballers hire to help them become Canadian citizens can help their clients apply through B.C. and other provincial nominee programs.

Lawyers don't want to do the extra work to go through other government programs to help these people apply for citizenship? They get paid hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to do this type of work!

They should be calling CIC (Citizenship and Immigration) instead of bitching and complaining about something that can be resolved through other application processes.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #29
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
These rich people are making a fuss over something that can be resolved through other government sponsored immigration programs.

The immigration lawyers that these ballers hire to help them become Canadian citizens can help their clients apply through B.C. and other provincial nominee programs.

Lawyers don't want to do the extra work to go through other government programs to help these people apply for citizenship? They get paid hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to do this type of work!

They should be calling CIC (Citizenship and Immigration) instead of bitching and complaining about something that can be resolved through other application processes.
Because other programs they actually have to invest into a business in Canada and hire at least one full time person. Also you have have submit a business plan, do your research and actually stay in Canada. So there is a risk VS giving Canada Gov 800k interest free for 5 years is no risk at all.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
You shouldn't be able to just "buy" citizenship. Perhaps what people don't realize about the "Mainlander Mentality" of "I can buy whatever I want" started from our own government giving them citizenship for $800,000 CAD? If anything, that policy further perpetuated that messed up mentality that money can even buy citizenship to a clean, civilized country with good education, health care, and social welfare systems.

This was a bad idea from the start and I'm glad they cut it out. It's BS that the average GVRD resident needs to be making six figures just to buy a home, mostly due to all of the "investors" who buy apartments and have them sit empty while other hard-working Canadians are unable to find a home in the city at a fair price. I have no issues with people being rich and coming here, but they need to assimilate and/or positively contribute to our country rather than just riding on the backs of our too-tolerant government and at the expense of middle-class people who have to deal with the high cost of living.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #31
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
yes marry you and dump your ass right after the paper are sign. My mom's co-worker experience the same thing. Went to China dated this girl back and forth and as soon as she came to Canada with him she already started to complainning that he only had a honda while she drives a BMW in China. Wouldn't even sleep with him that night and high tail out the next day......

Just for luagh (Translated) Crazy Hong Kong Girlfriend Slaps Kneeling Boyfriend - YouTube
Do you really want to be like this guy after marrying a woman from china that's richer than you? Not that this girl is form China but it could happen lol.
No matter a rich / poor lady. I would never see myself in this position because of dignity.

A rich wife would be a big plus, at least you can tape this as divorce evidence and you are entitled to get the divorce care LOL

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #32
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
In the last 5 months 2 gas stations in Nanaimo including one owned by a relative were sold to people from China. Talking to a real estate agent because of the law change the amount of Chinese that want to buy a business is increasing. He has 2 clients coming from China this week. Immigration is good for business.

Immigrants may not assimilate but there children will.
these guys still a small percentage. once you let em know they actually have to take risks and do some work in Canada, they'll quickly lose interest. remember Vancouver not THE destination for these guys, we are just one of them many alternatives.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #33
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
For the ones that recently made it LOL, you could say for them

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #34
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
maybe now our housing market can start to cool down!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #35
RS controls my life!

I'm lost, when was it possible for foreigners to sue other nations about their immigration policies
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
I'm lost, when was it possible for foreigners to sue other nations about their immigration policies
Because these rich Chinese think because they are rich they can buy their way into the law.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #37
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

If they have so much money, why don't they just invest the money into their own Country to improve the living standards there
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #38
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
What if she's a bitch?
it isn't a question of if
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #39
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Quote:
Because these rich Chinese think because they are rich they can buy their way into the law.
just like they do in their own country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschedog View Post
If they have so much money, why don't they just invest the money into their own Country to improve the living standards there
Because they already raped, and still rape, their own country. Canada is a backup plan in case shit hits the fan.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #40

Quote:
Because a lot of their money is illegal also in China there isn't so much freedom. Also the gov there isn't as stable here. What I mean is if the gov thinks you are doing something bad then you are pretty much, same with your relatives and their relatives there isn't anything as fair trail there.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #41
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Because their money doesn't go as far in China as it does here. You think China would take $800,000 CAD in exchange for full citizenship for a person and his/her family? Hell no. Only the West is stupid enough to do that.

In China, property rights are very ... non-existent. Which means, if some Politburo bigwig wants to take away someone's property, it is very easy to do so. Not to mention most of China's urban areas are heavily polluted hellholes. On one hand, you can't blame them for wanting to come to Canada, but on the other hand it's frustrating that Canada makes it so easy while others are stuck waiting in 2+ year lines because they are middle class even if they likely will contribute more to the culture and economy of this country.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #42
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
they ain't ballin enough until they do this

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #43
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Bang on. I'm all for immigration for those who wish to start a life but for fuck sakes, START A NEW LIFE! Don't bring your bullshit here. Assimilate, god dammit, assimilate!! Learn the culture, enjoy the surroundings and your new way of life. Give back to the country that opened it's door for you. At least make a fuckin' effort.

I dunno. Growing up in Richmond and seeing the way it's changed over the last 30 years made me recently buy a house in Ladner. LOL!
That's the biggest thing for me, I can understand that people want to keep some of their own culture and not forget the other languages they speak but if they don't at least try to fit into Canadian culture they can fuck off (and a double fuck off to the ones that spend years here but don't learn a lick of english and don't bother to even speak to anyone outside of their own culture). I don't expect them to speak fantastic English or adopt all of our customs but I greatly appreciate any immigrant who at least puts a bit of effort in and tries as best they can. I know if I moved somewhere that's what I would be doing, because if you don't you're an asshole with no respect for the people who allowed you into their country.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #44
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
they ain't ballin enough until they do this

Oil Sheik Throws Away $2m! - YouTube

I'm sure the dude is rich but he's not throwing US dollars so who knows how much money he's actually throwing around. Reason I say that is because you should see fools in India throwing around bucket loads of rupees at weddings. It looks crazy and you would think there balling out of control but bucket loads of rupees probably equals like $50 Canadian.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #45
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
I'm sure the dude is rich but he's not throwing US dollars so who knows how much money he's actually throwing around. Reason I say that is because you should see fools in India throwing around bucket loads of rupees at weddings. It looks crazy and you would think there balling out of control but bucket loads of rupees probably equals like $50 Canadian.
still makes you feel like a boss though

like a guy making it rain at a strip club with $1 bills

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #46
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Bang on. I'm all for immigration for those who wish to start a life but for fuck sakes, START A NEW LIFE! Don't bring your bullshit here. Assimilate, god dammit, assimilate!! Learn the culture, enjoy the surroundings and your new way of life. Give back to the country that opened it's door for you. At least make a fuckin' effort.

I dunno. Growing up in Richmond and seeing the way it's changed over the last 30 years made me recently buy a house in Ladner. LOL!
lol pissing and taking a shit in public
123654123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #47
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Still don't understand how you can sue the government for changing their policies... Let me guess, discrimination because you can't buy your way into a country?

Canada should just ban anyone on the lawsuit from entering Canada. That will teach them that money doesn't necessarily mean power
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: