REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Witness needed for accident ~7am gardencity&alderbridge (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693320-witness-needed-accident-%7E7am-gardencity-alderbridge.html)

DemonsBlood 03-06-2014 10:07 AM

Witness needed for accident ~7am gardencity&alderbridge

Hi all,

I was sadly in an accident today near GardenCity and Alderbridge intersection at around 6:50 to 7 am this morning. Apparently a white truck had turned into our lane (thus was heading towards us , wrong direction). I was some distance behind a grey metallic Mazda 3 when she had stopped suddenly, giving me a VERY short time to stop as well.

I was moving at the speed limit when this happened and left approximately 1.5 - 2 car spaces behind the Mazda. I was driving a black audi at the time. MY whole front end is damaged and the hood is slightly dented as well, quite sad.

Anyways, at the time of incident there was many cars around us and hopefully one of you may have observed the accident and can be a witness for this accident.

Please PM me, thank you all in advanced.

Kidnapman 03-06-2014 10:16 AM

So let me get this straight. You need a witness to prove that you rear ended someone because you didn't leave enough space to stop? Sounds legit.

CRS 03-06-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidnapman (Post 8429906)
So let me get this straight. You need a witness to prove that you rear ended someone because you didn't leave enough space to stop? Sounds legit.

Basically he wants to have a witness to prove he was at fault.

k3mps 03-06-2014 10:36 AM

I'm guessing..you're hoping the Mazda can be found at partial fault for causing the accident, and you'd be found 50/50?

jing 03-06-2014 10:39 AM

How can the white truck "apparently" turn into your lane? Either it did, or it didn't. Almost sounds like OP is lost in the grandeur of his own apparent story.
Posted via RS Mobile

7seven 03-06-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonsBlood (Post 8429900)
Hi all,

I was sadly in an accident today near GardenCity and Alderbridge intersection at around 6:50 to 7 am this morning. Apparently a white truck had turned into our lane (thus was heading towards us , wrong direction). I was some distance behind a grey metallic Mazda 3 when she had stopped suddenly, giving me a VERY short time to stop as well.

I was moving at the speed limit when this happened and left approximately 1.5 - 2 car spaces behind the Mazda. I was driving a black audi at the time. MY whole front end is damaged and the hood is slightly dented as well, quite sad.

Anyways, at the time of incident there was many cars around us and hopefully one of you may have observed the accident and can be a witness for this accident.

Please PM me, thank you all in advanced.

Something doesn't add up here, you say you left 1.5 to 2 car lengths distance and going only the speed limit and you still couldn't stop in time???? :suspicious: Either you weren't paying attention to what was in front of you, your lying about the "facts" or your car has no brakes at all.

xXSupa 03-06-2014 10:46 AM

from the sounds of it, you're shit out of luck. You just admitted to not leaving enough space and rear ending the mazda.

Many people's first reaction after they rear end someone is "why did you stop so suddenly?" I can relate because I have been the passenger of a car that rear ended someone. The driver in front of us was distracted and rear ended the first car at 60km/h, with zero braking. We had almost no time to react, and rear ended the second car. Even though we had a witness, it was pretty pointless because there's nothing that she can prove, except "you rear ended someone."

Learn from this experience. No matter the circumstance, leave more room between you and the car in front. Unexpected stuff happens, and thats usually how accidents occur. Though I wasn't the driver in the accident I described, I am much more careful when following another car now.

DemonsBlood 03-06-2014 10:48 AM

All of my things were no exact but regardless I like to have a 3rd person view of the accident, that is all.

Well, I might be bad at telling my part of the story and of course I do admit that my story from my point of view may not be exactly how it happened. It was early in the morning but I was paying attention as well. he 2 car lengths was just a guess It might have been more but I was just stating that to give a understanding of the placements of the cars and how the situation was so people know which accident it was and etc.

I hopefully want to find out more about the white truck which DID turn head on into our lane. Maybe a carmera at an intersection can provide more insight.

PiuYi 03-06-2014 10:51 AM

the white van turned into your lane from the opposite direction? but there are lane-width islands both on gardencity AND alderbridge... :suspicious:

he would have had to hop over the island and dodge a bunch of trees to do that..

Mr.Jay 03-06-2014 10:51 AM

lol OP isn't telling whole story

1.5-2 car lengths, travelling at speed limit (60?) and could not stop in time

does not seem to add up

white rocket 03-06-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3mps (Post 8429927)
I'm guessing..you're hoping the Mazda can be found at partial fault for causing the accident, and you'd be found 50/50?

I'm guessing this as well. However, admitting to following too close before getting into an accident on a public forum might not have been the wisest choice.

DemonsBlood 03-06-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiuYi (Post 8429940)
the white van turned into your lane from the opposite direction? but there are lane-width islands both on gardencity AND alderbridge... :suspicious:

he would have had to hop over the island and dodge a bunch of trees to do that..

the truck turned in from the intersection, why the lady did not see and slow down before this...beats me

Gamed 03-06-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jay (Post 8429942)
lol OP isn't telling whole story

1.5-2 car lengths, travelling at speed limit (60?) and could not stop in time

does not seem to add up

Maybe the OP was playing his cellphone :badpokerface:

Presto 03-06-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonsBlood (Post 8429944)
the truck turned in from the intersection, why the lady did not see and slow down before this...beats me

So, you saw the truck, well in advance, but decided to just keep playing follow the leader?

bballguy 03-06-2014 11:26 AM

pwn3d

spideyv2 03-06-2014 11:42 AM

can confirm, I was there

OP is 100% at fault, will be reporting you asap

Gh0stRider 03-06-2014 11:47 AM

sounds like you had .5 car length, not the 1.5 - 2 like you claimed.

nma 03-06-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonsBlood (Post 8429944)

I think he's trying to pin this on the car in front of him for stopping so abruptly, instead of taking her time to slow down. when there is a fucking car coming right at her.....

What if a squirrel jumped on to the road?? It's YOUR responsibility to make sure you leave enough room to stop in time. For all you know the person in front of you can have a leg spasm and slam on the brakes unexpectedly. Learn from your mistakes instead of trying to blame it on someone else..

StylinRed 03-06-2014 12:09 PM

so im assuming the oncoming vehicle disappeared after the accident...and you're hoping that a witness will prove the Mazda and the Mystery Van are at fault?

Well they aren't you are

Acura604 03-06-2014 12:33 PM

get a dashcam for your car (or moms car..whatever) and move on from this accident where u r SOL.

/thread.

Mr.Jay 03-06-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8430001)
a witness will prove the Mazda and the Mystery Van are at fault?

Well they aren't you are

He would of gotten away with it if it wasn't for them meddling kids

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ine_(SDMI).png

StylinRed 03-06-2014 01:19 PM

;) you caught it :D

Szeto 03-06-2014 03:03 PM

i was in an accident where the car in front of me stopped and i could not stop in time and rear ended him. Driver claimed the car in front of him stopped but when i reviewed my dash cam recording the other car was way ahead of him when he started braking. I was found 100% at fault. Right after the accident i was hoping ICBC would find the other driver to be partially at fault but if you read the rules carefully the responsibility is always on you to make sure you can stop in time should shit like this happens. The only exception i recall is when someone performs unsafe lane change causing you to rear end them, provided you have evidence or witness to prove that...

anyways... hope your damage doesn't cost you a fortune to fix...

Anjew 03-06-2014 03:08 PM

Better chalk this one up to lesson learned. Revscene harsh reality is painful.

SupraTTturbo2jz 03-06-2014 03:17 PM

lol what the hell? 1.5-2 car lengths is more than enough to stop in time going the speed limit ...that's more than the average car length people follow each other on the hwy at 120km/h. You either suck at driving or paying attention to your cell phone