REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #26
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Just takes some "cool" "hipster" "celeb" to make it cool to drink Kirkland in clubs
Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #27
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
so what is going to happen to beer and wine stores now? in about the last 10 years, beer and wine stores have exploded everywhere. there is literally one in every strip mall now. that is a lot of small businesses potentially going under.

what are grocery store prices expected to be like?

anyone else have some concern about what the flip side to this is? it is very rare when the government loosens their regulation on one thing, and not turn around and tighten it up on the other end. or is this just the loosening on liquor laws, after tightening up drinking and driving laws?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

I've noticed that some places have cleverly disguised happy hour beer specials. The pint has a deal where you get free wings with a beer, they get away with it because they only charge you for the beer. 7$ for both is friggen awesome. Hope they keep that deal.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM   #29
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Just takes some "cool" "hipster" "celeb" to make it cool to drink Kirkland in clubs
it's not bad. i'd buy it if they sold it here.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
it will never be at that price point
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #31
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
so what is going to happen to beer and wine stores now? in about the last 10 years, beer and wine stores have exploded everywhere. there is literally one in every strip mall now. that is a lot of small businesses potentially going under.

what are grocery store prices expected to be like?
I was wondering about this, too.

The limit on the number of liquor retail store licenses that exists will stand, and since that limit has been reached, a grocery store will have to buy out an existing LRS store to obtain a license. This should prevent a sudden and radical change in the number of LRS stores that would put existing LRS stores out of business. It also gives their businesses a bump in value since a lot of grocery stores are going to be competing the licenses. At least that's what I understood to be the plan a couple months ago.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I was wondering about this, too.

The limit on the number of liquor retail store licenses that exists will stand, and since that limit has been reached, a grocery store will have to buy out an existing LRS store to obtain a license. This should prevent a sudden and radical change in the number of LRS stores that would put existing LRS stores out of business. It also gives their businesses a bump in value since a lot of grocery stores are going to be competing the licenses. At least that's what I understood to be the plan a couple months ago.
They'll probably limit grocery chains to sell lower-end wine and popular brands of beer, while saving any liquor and higher-end wine and beer to the LRS. No competition and people who are buying a 24 pack of Canadian for beer league hockey can get that anywhere. Here in Montreal, there's no bottle of wine over the price of $13 at the grocery store.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Only two of 53 grocery stores in Vancouver will be able to sell liquor
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

while on the topic..

was listening to radio commercial promoting "the pint" .... its funny they mentioned pint specials for $5.xx ,, wtf,,

$5.xx is special price??? i cant believe how expensive booze is, in bc..

Last edited by tool001; 03-17-2014 at 02:06 PM.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #35
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
while on the topic..

was listening to radio commercial promoting "the pint" .... its funny they mentioned pint specials for $5.xx ,, wtf,,

$5.xx is special price??? i cant believe how expensive booze is, in bc..
LOL I hear ya, it's pretty silly at times. I eat out a lot and often when I look at their drink specials it's like (Insert beer name here for only $3.99 or $4 something) for some shitty beer.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:36 AM   #36
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
What a complete fucking joke
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote