REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #51
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet.

If I recall correctly from watching the first game on TV they mentioned that TSN has the rights to all the whitecaps games.

I absolutely HATED watching sportsnets coverage and I'm glad TSN stepped up. Most likely due to them losing hockey rights and having the ability to look at other sports.
Advertisement
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #52
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
We did have a decent stretch last year when Rennie used a 4-3-3. However, other teams eventually figured out that Teibert can't use his off-foot well so that formation didn't work in the latter third of the season. Eventually teams will figure the Whitecaps out, but I remain optimistic that the Latin Americans have enough creativity to keep teams on their toes. It's also nice to see that we have goal threats from outside the box too.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #53
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts

GAMEDAY!!!!

Match Preview
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

non-caps related, but Defoe looked good yesterday against the Sounders..Give the guy a tiny bit of room and he makes you pay dearly.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #55
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Toronto being the first MLS team I ever supported, I'm pleased that perhaps this season I won't have to watch games expecting the inevitable horrible loss. Bradley was a beast all over the field, Defoe will cut apart unexperienced defences and they finally are playing some possession ball. Exciting prospects for both the caps and tfc this year. Hopefully they don't shit the bed Impact style halfway through the season.

The league is really tightening up. There's more competition than ever and that bodes well for MLS and soccer in NA in general.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #56

lol that red card....horrible call IMO...Yellow at most.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #57

I dunno. It sure looked like he tried to apply some downward pressure and drag along his inner leg. At the least he appeared to make no attempt to avoid putting his studs into his leg. I've seen people sent off in MLS for far less dangerous moves than that. Couple more pounds of pressure and that's how you break a guys leg.

Edit: seeing it replayed again I dunno. I agree it is harsh but I'm not convinced that pelletieri didn't try to put his boot down through him as he went over top.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.

Last edited by Brianrietta; 03-16-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #58

I know that they're away from home but there is no reason for possession to be 50-50 and be down a goal after 30 minutes of 11v10.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #59

Pretty poor effort. They should push forward and play a wider formation. Manneh in for Mattocks in the second half.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #60

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
aw man shitty give away by reo cooker

come on boys take that extra man advantage
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #61

Yeah, not impressed at all right now...Not attacking at all.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #62

The last pass in the final third has just been poor and that explains the huge discrepancy in scoring chances. Full credit to Chivas so far for a great defensive effort but imo Vancouver's shape has been awful through the park, they can't put the ball to feet to save their lives and Manneh is the only person running and pushing hard all the time.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #63

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
MANNEH!!!!!!!!!
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #64

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #65

MANNEH MANNEH MANNEH

Mattocks and Manneh look really good together. That's the speed and strength on the ball that should make them a really powerful pair starting and off the bench.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #66

Embarrassing game.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #67

Disappointing result still....Should've been an easy 'W'.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #68

Had to miss the game today; how'd we play?
Old 03-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #69

Not amazing.

Ousted kept us in it. Got to say his best game as a cap.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #70
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

It was a pretty piss game. I don't know where all of the long ball play came from but it definitely didn't look fluid at all. Wind didn't help much either, but the on ground ball play wasn't working much. Hopefully at home things get better next week.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
It was a pretty piss game. I don't know where all of the long ball play came from but it definitely didn't look fluid at all. Wind didn't help much either, but the on ground ball play wasn't working much. Hopefully at home things get better next week.
Our midfield seemed to be intimidated by NE's midfield which is probably why the back tried to play long-ball. I don't think NRC is effective sitting deep in the mid-field - he should be sitting farther up so that he has more freedom to make his runs. Laba is good enough to play the holding midfield role on his own.

Based on the last two road games, it seems that home field advantage for us is going to be quite important this year. We can't afford to lose any points at home if we want to make the playoffs.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #72

I just watched 5 minutes worth of highlights and didn't see a single good opportunity for us to put one in the back of the net....
Old 03-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #73
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Now that the Canucks season is over, go Whitecaps. good win against Houston today. Miller's still got it, pls extend this man for the rest of the season.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #74
My homepage has been set to RS

Yeah whitecaps look dece at home but garbage and boring away! All in all still undefeated!
Posted via RS Mobile
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #75

Only 4 games in, hopefully they can find some rhythm on the road too soon...great game yesterday.

I'm going to the game next week again with about 20 people from my soccer team...gonna be gongshow...