REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #251
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
RecklessNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 395
Thanked 1,927 Times in 224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
For me, ballin' = making as much money as a professional athlete... literally being equal to a 'baller' lol.
can confirm

Advertisement
__________________
can't spell "Real Big" without GABRIEL;)
RecklessNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #252
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
What's the bet?
winner gets revscene's soul
__________________
GO Canucks GO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .


xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #253
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,625
Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
I have no idea what happened but I didn't understand half of what was even being argued on the last page.

I realized at about 3AM that Ulic and I are almost not disagreeing, we just have different perceptions of what a 9-5 job is. Now keeping in mind what I was taught not too long ago about reality vs. perception, which is for those who don't know the fact that there is no such thing as reality, there is only our perception of "reality". Where we drifted apart on our argument was based on the fact that I was arguing based on the original topic, and did not recognize he had entirely moved away from the original topic.

With that said, I am not going to get into an endless circle of what is "ballin'" and what is not. (HINT: it also has to do with perception).

What I will now do is adopt snails method:

__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #254
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,982
Thanked 4,967 Times in 2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Where we drifted apart on our argument was based on the fact that I was arguing based on the original topic, and did not recognize he had entirely moved away from the original topic.
To be fair, I doubt he did either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post


This thread is now about the Sandero.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #255
I LIKE JDM!!
 
european's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lower Mainland
Posts: 7,839
Thanked 2,080 Times in 674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
this is ballin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
everyone has a diff definition of "ballin"

to me this is ballin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessNS View Post
can confirm

lol so good! I can't stop laughing.

__________________
When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make.. super lemons! - Principal Cinnamon J. Scudworth

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #256
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
I'm a terrible singer. One time I was home alone singing out loud and fucking around when I heard the basement tenants laughing.

I was embarrassed.
Posted via RS Mobile
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #257
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
underscore... the conversation carried on so much further after he stopped responding that i completely forgot he even was a participant in this thread at the end of the night LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Now keeping in mind what I was taught not too long ago about reality vs. perception, which is for those who don't know the fact that there is no such thing as reality, there is only our perception of "reality".
meme if you wanna get philosophical about perception of reality...

Any truths or knowledge we have of the universe is just a product of human cognition, so our consciousness is just ... merely a human enterprise, vessel or whatever. Humans, or all earthlings/terrans or whatever, are like a exponentially minuscule infinitesimal percentage of the cosmos.

being self aware has an large impact in the broader sense of the universe... in the way that we are able to recognize ourselves within the universe... or in other words, wait for it...

we are the universe recognizing itself... a concept that's hard to understand if one is egotistical.

so the relation of our perception to the universe is just that self awareness is recognition of ourselves within a particular environment (a very very small environment, i can't even say all of earth since most people don't ever leave their own towns). Consciousness in relation to how we perceive reality is a way more convoluted idea to understand.

basically, recognize that we as humans have evolved within a specific environment and our cognitive capabilities and adaptations to perceive are basically reflective of the immediate environment.

and despite any of the effort we may put in to find truths or facts of reality (in mostly referring to how money works here)... it will always be a product of human cognition and therefore biased and never objective. Basically the world as we know it, are all human enterprises/vessels and therefore subject to human perception. Without human perception and cognition, meanings wouldn't be assigned/correlated, and they would cease to exist, PERIOD.

our notion of reality is reliant on defining shit like truths, assigning meaning and discovering "facts". that's how humans operate. the VERY NOTION of truth or falsity or whatever, is a product of language, which is a product of us humans. If we eliminate humans... facts, laws, and all that shit wouldn't exist. there are no truths and falses in the ultimate sense of existence (in the largest picture possible, from "god view"). in that sense, all our ideas of reality are not really compatible with what it actually seems to be. all our ideas of reality actually contradict what reality actually is.

THAT BEING SAID, money is also a product of humans. if anything can perceive it most "accurately", it would be us humans. more specifically, it would be the ones that have been taught how to utilize this asset. much like a linguist is more accurate in the topic of languages than someone's who's specialty is playing sports, or driving cars, or whatever else (everyone experts at their own skill). the ones that utilize money most efficiently, and are able to apply it best in our reality, have had their perception trained to be most ample and well rounded when it comes to that subject.

I hope this clears any misconception on the topic of money.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #258
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Gucci Mane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SRY
Posts: 2,628
Thanked 2,577 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Spoiler!


Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
This thread is now about the Dacia Sandero.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #259
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,797
Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
dolla dolla bills y'all
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #260
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,982
Thanked 4,967 Times in 2,174 Posts
Since Ulic will always dodge, dive, dip, duck and dodge:

Hot damn

__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC FOR SALE // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #261
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,452
Thanked 2,665 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
our cognitive capabilities and adaptations to perceive are basically reflective of the immediate environment.

I think how ghosts work is by leaving an imprint on the local environment somehow. Too much evidence of the paranormal to ignore


A real mystery is what am I going to do now that I woke up and made $400 USD in my sleep???


Fuck I want the Combo #9 at Wendy's... that new chicken sandwich is the shit
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #262
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2014, 04:25 AM   #263
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
meowjinboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 552
Thanked 269 Times in 121 Posts
This is a great thread.

It made me realize how blessed I was in my early 20's to be making fat stacks and had an opportunity to travel the world and see things I could never see and experience things I could never do. I've had more careers in my 20's than I can count on hands and I'm always chasing the next thing.

Sometimes I envy people who stick to 1 thing and then go from there and get good at what they do, but the minute that I stop learning and get bored I move onto the next thing.

Severe ADHD for you.

Thank god programming is so challenging, and im always going to learn and create new things everyday.

Maybe it's why I enjoyed being a photographer so much. I'm a dreamer. I could never work a regular 9-5. I'm a terrible morning person and only function in the evening.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net