REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #251
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,927 Times in 224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
For me, ballin' = making as much money as a professional athlete... literally being equal to a 'baller' lol.
can confirm

Advertisement
Old 03-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #252
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
What's the bet?
winner gets revscene's soul

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #253
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I have no idea what happened but I didn't understand half of what was even being argued on the last page.

I realized at about 3AM that Ulic and I are almost not disagreeing, we just have different perceptions of what a 9-5 job is. Now keeping in mind what I was taught not too long ago about reality vs. perception, which is for those who don't know the fact that there is no such thing as reality, there is only our perception of "reality". Where we drifted apart on our argument was based on the fact that I was arguing based on the original topic, and did not recognize he had entirely moved away from the original topic.

With that said, I am not going to get into an endless circle of what is "ballin'" and what is not. (HINT: it also has to do with perception).

What I will now do is adopt snails method:

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #254
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,924 Times in 3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Where we drifted apart on our argument was based on the fact that I was arguing based on the original topic, and did not recognize he had entirely moved away from the original topic.
To be fair, I doubt he did either.

Quote:

This thread is now about the Sandero.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #255
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
this is ballin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
everyone has a diff definition of "ballin"

to me this is ballin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessNS View Post
can confirm

lol so good! I can't stop laughing.

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #256
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I'm a terrible singer. One time I was home alone singing out loud and fucking around when I heard the basement tenants laughing.

I was embarrassed.
Posted via RS Mobile
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #257
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
underscore... the conversation carried on so much further after he stopped responding that i completely forgot he even was a participant in this thread at the end of the night LOL!

Quote:
Now keeping in mind what I was taught not too long ago about reality vs. perception, which is for those who don't know the fact that there is no such thing as reality, there is only our perception of "reality".
meme if you wanna get philosophical about perception of reality...

Any truths or knowledge we have of the universe is just a product of human cognition, so our consciousness is just ... merely a human enterprise, vessel or whatever. Humans, or all earthlings/terrans or whatever, are like a exponentially minuscule infinitesimal percentage of the cosmos.

being self aware has an large impact in the broader sense of the universe... in the way that we are able to recognize ourselves within the universe... or in other words, wait for it...

we are the universe recognizing itself... a concept that's hard to understand if one is egotistical.

so the relation of our perception to the universe is just that self awareness is recognition of ourselves within a particular environment (a very very small environment, i can't even say all of earth since most people don't ever leave their own towns). Consciousness in relation to how we perceive reality is a way more convoluted idea to understand.

basically, recognize that we as humans have evolved within a specific environment and our cognitive capabilities and adaptations to perceive are basically reflective of the immediate environment.

and despite any of the effort we may put in to find truths or facts of reality (in mostly referring to how money works here)... it will always be a product of human cognition and therefore biased and never objective. Basically the world as we know it, are all human enterprises/vessels and therefore subject to human perception. Without human perception and cognition, meanings wouldn't be assigned/correlated, and they would cease to exist, PERIOD.

our notion of reality is reliant on defining shit like truths, assigning meaning and discovering "facts". that's how humans operate. the VERY NOTION of truth or falsity or whatever, is a product of language, which is a product of us humans. If we eliminate humans... facts, laws, and all that shit wouldn't exist. there are no truths and falses in the ultimate sense of existence (in the largest picture possible, from "god view"). in that sense, all our ideas of reality are not really compatible with what it actually seems to be. all our ideas of reality actually contradict what reality actually is.

THAT BEING SAID, money is also a product of humans. if anything can perceive it most "accurately", it would be us humans. more specifically, it would be the ones that have been taught how to utilize this asset. much like a linguist is more accurate in the topic of languages than someone's who's specialty is playing sports, or driving cars, or whatever else (everyone experts at their own skill). the ones that utilize money most efficiently, and are able to apply it best in our reality, have had their perception trained to be most ample and well rounded when it comes to that subject.

I hope this clears any misconception on the topic of money.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #258
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
This thread is now about the Dacia Sandero.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #259
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
dolla dolla bills y'all

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #260
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,924 Times in 3,877 Posts
Since Ulic will always dodge, dive, dip, duck and dodge:

Hot damn

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #261
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
our cognitive capabilities and adaptations to perceive are basically reflective of the immediate environment.

I think how ghosts work is by leaving an imprint on the local environment somehow. Too much evidence of the paranormal to ignore

A real mystery is what am I going to do now that I woke up and made $400 USD in my sleep???

Fuck I want the Combo #9 at Wendy's... that new chicken sandwich is the shit
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #262
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2014, 03:25 AM   #263
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

This is a great thread.

It made me realize how blessed I was in my early 20's to be making fat stacks and had an opportunity to travel the world and see things I could never see and experience things I could never do. I've had more careers in my 20's than I can count on hands and I'm always chasing the next thing.

Sometimes I envy people who stick to 1 thing and then go from there and get good at what they do, but the minute that I stop learning and get bored I move onto the next thing.

Severe ADHD for you.

Thank god programming is so challenging, and im always going to learn and create new things everyday.

Maybe it's why I enjoyed being a photographer so much. I'm a dreamer. I could never work a regular 9-5. I'm a terrible morning person and only function in the evening.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: