REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:44 AM   #201
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnyhan View Post
lol op if you have so much money why are you driving a e36 it must be do to your life style right?
Lol don't go down that path, his E36 has a 5.0L swap into it, and is actually pretty hilarious and entertaining in its own right.
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:53 AM   #202
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
You must make baller cash. I met a dude recently who is in upper management in oil and gas and flies to Fort Mac and a bunch of other places in Alberta to train and hire contractors and shit. Buddy makes so much money but loathes to be stuck in camp with people. Claims ironworkers and pipe fitters behave worse than children and 99% of his duties are basically babysitting hurt feelings and inter-personal problems. Apparently people urinate on other people's gear all the time as a form of revenge.
lol if "buddy makes so much money" yet "loathes to be stuck in camp with people", why does he CHOOSE to work with them....Is it possible that he can't in fact make so much money and also not have to work with these people!?!??!?
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:57 AM   #203
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnyhan View Post
lol op if you have so much money why are you driving a e36 it must be do to your life style right?

I had a bunch of cool cars including a 94 Supra with a T88 but after a friend crashed it the car was cursed and just blew engine after engine after engine. Then I hated cars and fell into depression for a few years and just leased a new BMW. After that lease was up I had no cars for 2 years and still felt majorly depressed. I HAD to get another hot rod because I LOVE CARS and they have always been a huge part of my life.

This time I decided I would never have another car that made me hate life like that Supra. The 5.0 is a dirt cheap motor that basically grows on front lawns in Surrey and the E36 is a great chassis that is also DIRT CHEAP.

I'd rather spend money on tires and beat the shit out of a fun car that will be cheap to fix when it breaks than have a sick new ride that I'm afraid of breaking anything on.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:59 AM   #204
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
lol if "buddy makes so much money" yet "loathes to be stuck in camp with people", why does he CHOOSE to work with them....Is it possible that he can't in fact make so much money and also not have to work with these people!?!??!?

Shit if I got like 250k a year to spend a few weeks in Fort Mac/At a camp every couple months I could probably handle it
Old 03-14-2014, 03:03 AM   #205

Quote:
Shit if I got like 250k a year to spend a few weeks in Fort Mac/At a camp every couple months I could probably handle it
Sure, but he also has no choice......btw, is 250K seriously considered "balling" now?...
Old 03-14-2014, 03:07 AM   #206
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
LOLWUT?

So you are just going to change the definition of a 9-5 job to working at mcdonalds because it suits your argument better?

Bill gates and Warren Buffet were not always rich, they started out working 9-5 jobs, sure maybe they worked more than 8 hours a day fairly often, as do I, but I am still working a 9-5 job. It is still a blue collar or white collar job.

To be clear when this discussion started there was two possible sides, the side of sleeping during the day and smashing drums at night (or variation thereof), or the side of waking up in the AM and living your life in real day-light. Somewhere along the way you completely degraded the daylight option into working as a cashier at safeway.
i didnt say mcdonalds. and jason's posts after yours has given you some insight on how much of a minority you are.

stop grouping yourself with the rest of the people here.

you really think if all of them tried as hard as you, they could get jobs like you? you really think there are that many vacant jobs? that many 150k+ 9-5 jobs in canada? c'mon man.

and you're calling me crazy. you're just as crazy in another way.

yeah i UNDERSTAND everyone starts at 9-5. i've had plenty of 9-5 jobs when i was a kid and teen. even into my early 20's. i made a decision early on to never fucking work a 9-5 again unless i had no choice.

look at jasons posts again. look at the average wage in van, and richmond.
you KNOW how poor that is? you KNOW how many fucking people are in that group? you know you make at least FIVE times what they do and they have NO chance in hell of getting your job? they do live the life of slavery. 40k and 30k average? are you KIDDING ME. that's AVERAGE?

you are just as much as an elitist as i am. except i admit i am.
you've been banking that kinda money too long, and the only time you were average income poor, was when you were a kid.

look around you man. look how many poor people there are. most of them, are poor, not because they chose to be. they don't have the intellectual capacity to learn new skills. old 9-5 jobs became obsolete. you are LUCKY man.

you know how many people would KILL for you job?

have you been to an east side safeway? do you know how much theft goes on by people that are doing it so they can feed their families? you think they can just up and "work hard" and get a 120k paying job?

dude. please. reality check. and that's ironic coming from me.

Quote:
Sure, but he also has no choice......btw, is 250K seriously considered "balling" now?...
DUDE are you FUCKING stupid. im sorry. you clearly have NO experience with money. you know 250k a year is basically a millionaire?
you DO know that right?

you think making 1million a year is a millionaire? no man. that's fucking way beyond a millionaire.

your idea of money is skewed by the media. if you make 1m+ a year, you're a CRAZY baller. you understand that right? because people that do make that much money, don't just rely on that money like you rely on your small income.

they leverage it, there's a whole fucking world that has been masked from your eyes. it takes years to hone those skills. most people that make 250k a year, also have dedicated the time to master how to handle and use money. not just blow it on fast cars and expensive shit. you DO know that right?

you're excused if you're below the age of 25. you'd just be inexperienced and naive.

i have to add, there is a skill that is passed down from the rich to their children, an esoteric skill. one that takes a life time to achieve. and their children are very lucky to have access to this knowledge from a young age. the skill is money management, and how to make your money grow. how to UTILIZE money to the fullest. money is magic. you can do anything with it if you know how. it's some harry potter shit, i kid you not. but if you're a level 1 wizard, chances are, you don't know how to cast any spells. lol.

edit: sorry for bashing you, i realised not many people have experience with money, as much as other people have. I'll let u in on a story when i made the same realisation as you just did.

i have a close family friend. since a kid i've always admired him. he was fuckin baller. nice cars, nice house (by nice i mean exotics), vacations. etc. like... a millionaire life style. As I got older and a bit closer to him, i one day had the courage to ask him straight up, how much money he earns per year. he smirked. he whispered to me, "380k a year... not bad huh? "
Sure, i smiled and gave positive affirmation. but in the back of my mind, i was like... what?! that's IT?! i thought you made at least a MILLION a year. as i got older, and got to know more and more "ballers", i realised, these ballers all have something in common. they're VERY good at money management. they can live millionaire lifestyles with only 300-400k+ a year. I was amazed at how far money goes.

it wasn't until i got a chance to hang with people that made tens of millions of dollars a year, till i realised how RIDICULOUS their lifestyles were. of course not all of them chose to live ridiculously. but the odd night they choose to splurge, i was amazed at the services and other things money could buy. I was also absolutely amazed, when i lived with them for a while, how DIFFERENTLY they view money. it honestly, to them is a magical tool. they're so efficient with their money, i swear they should have phd's in money management/utilization.

if you can make 250K+ a year, at your "9-5" job. i applaud you.

another lesson: i know a broker, and i was hanging with him. one of his clients came in one day, and i of course gave him the look up and down and judged him. construction worker. came in with his hard hat, dirty ass jeans and orange vest. guy must not make more than 75k a year. dude is about 45-50, looks worn and tired. you know how much he actually makes? he makes well over 200k a year. his job of course only pays 75k a year. but he's smart with his money. he knows how to invest his money. and he was pulling in over 200. you woulda NEVER thought. he is an exception of course. he has taken YEARS of his own spare time to study and master the markets. why hasn't he quit his job? who knows. maybe the steady income is a safety net. he has his reasons. take what you want out of that story. but for sure he doesn't have money problems.

you guys starting to get a picture of what i mean by how to use money? most 9-5 workers don't have the skill nor knowledge to ever make more money. they duno where to look, and no ones willing to teach them. and even if they do try, there's a high probability they will fail and lose money. so they just don't bother trying.

I hope your knowledge of money has been increased from this post.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-14-2014 at 03:41 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 03:24 AM   #207
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Dude you can ball so hard with even 150k as long as you're not being an idiot about dropping k's here and k's there every couple days at restaurants and bars.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:29 AM   #208
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
your idea of money is skewed by the media. if you make 1m+ a year, you're a CRAZY baller.

People like Luongo or the Sedins ball on a level that mortals can't even comprehend
Old 03-14-2014, 03:33 AM   #209

Quote:

DUDE are you FUCKING stupid. im sorry. you clearly have NO experience with money. you know 250k a year is basically a millionaire?
you DO know that right?

you think making 1million a year is a millionaire? no man. that's fucking way beyond a millionaire.

your idea of money is skewed by the media. if you make 1m+ a year, you're a CRAZY baller. you understand that right? because people that do make that much money, don't just rely on that money like you rely on your small income.

they leverage it, there's a whole fucking world that has been masked from your eyes. it takes years to hone those skills. most people that make 250k a year, also have dedicated the time to master how to handle and use money. not just blow it on fast cars and expensive shit. you DO know that right?

you're excused if you're below the age of 25. you'd just be inexperienced and naive.
lol, you're basically saying 250K and 1m+ is the same thing....I don't consider 250K/yr BALLING....1-mill, sure....250K, you're definitely well off, but again, based on how I've been taught to use money, 250K is great, but not BALLING.....

That said, once again, everyone has different ideas of what is considered 'Ballin'
Old 03-14-2014, 03:37 AM   #210

Quote:
People like Luongo or the Sedins ball on a level that mortals can't even comprehend
lol I'm not even gonna give a proper response to this, because if I do, I'll sound as arrogant and abnoxious as you two....
Old 03-14-2014, 03:42 AM   #211
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I don't consider 250K/yr BALLING....

Man... you must have some expensive tastes!!! Can I party with you?!?!

Old 03-14-2014, 03:46 AM   #212
I keep RS good

dude trust me, when you make 250k a year, you will feel like you're balling out of control. 250k a year doesn't sound like a lot, but that's the skewed perception that the poor have on it.

it IS a lot.

not as much as millions per year. no. but really, there's a point where there's not much difference any more. unless you're acquiring million-billion dollar businesses.

you have to trust me on this one. you know why most people get complacent at 120k a year right? cuz most people don't know how to spend more than that. it gets boring. they get their house, their car, their wives and kids, and they live a happy life.

i'm sure when they were younger they aimed for millions. reality is different when you actually are making that much.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 03:49 AM   #213

Quote:
dude trust me, when you make 250k a year, you will feel like you're balling out of control. 250k a year doesn't sound like a lot, but that's the skewed perception that the poor have on it.

it IS a lot.

not as much as millions per year. no. but really, there's a point where there's not much difference any more. unless you're acquiring million-billion dollar businesses.

you have to trust me on this one. you know why most people get complacent at 120k a year right? cuz most people don't know how to spend more than that. it gets boring. they get their house, their car, their wives and kids, and they live a happy life.

i'm sure when they were younger they aimed for millions. reality is different when you actually are making that much.
lol, skewed perception that the poor have on it? need to trust you on that one? dude, please....

Quote:
you know why most people get complacent at 120k a year right? cuz most people don't know how to spend more than that. it gets boring. they get their house, their car, their wives and kids, and they live a happy life.
No, they get complacent because there's this thing called 'shit fucking happens', and you should probably be prepared for it, you know, just in case.....ESPECIALLY when you have a job that's as insecure as an 'artist' or w/e the fuck....

I'm gonna pass out now; c ya!

Last edited by bballguy; 03-14-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:53 AM   #214
I keep RS good

well u just did say 250k a year isnt balling.

and i just said it is, and to trust me. and then you just admitted that it is by having saying you need not trust me on that, implying you already know that.

i don't know if you're trolling, being egotistical and just trying to attack me, or really just a plain idiot. or young.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:59 AM   #215

Quote:

and i just said it is, and to trust me. and then you just admitted that it is by having saying you need not trust me on that, implying you already know that.

i don't know if you're trolling, being egotistical and just trying to attack me, or really just a plain idiot. or young.
I didn't say "dude please" to imply that I already know that 250K is balling...I said "dude please" because (a) I don't need YOU to tell me to trust you on whether it's balling or not, and (b) you said that poor people have this skewed perception that 250K isn't balling, and you are thus implying that I'm poor....
Old 03-14-2014, 04:00 AM   #216
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
To put into perspective...

Let's say you earn 250,000 after tax deductions. That's roughly 21,000 that you can spend monthly and 700 daily.

Now I don't know about others, but to me that is a shit ton of money.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:06 AM   #217
I keep RS good

Quote:
I didn't say "dude please" to imply that I already know that 250K is balling...I said "dude please" because (a) I don't need YOU to tell me to trust you on whether it's balling or not, and (b) you said that poor people have this skewed perception that 250K isn't balling, and you are thus implying that I'm poor....
so in other words you're taking your emotional correlation with me and bashing whatever i say, because you're an egotistical idiot. and probably young.

so you're all of them.

you're neither wise nor intelligent at all. go dribble your ball somewhere else kid. i think some men are waiting to slap your ass for making an awesome pass.

the only person on the other side of the debate that has consistently shown that he's not an idiot is meme.

I don't even know why i bother to reply to you. but i will anyway. cuz i know somewhere in your little subconscious mind, this will sit and brew, whether you like it or not. so keep reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post

Let's say you earn 250,000 after tax deductions. That's roughly 21,000 that you can spend monthly and 700 daily.

yeah and that's not factoring investments and other forms of leverage.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:07 AM   #218
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:

AGGGHHHH can we stop saying 'balling' it's a word used by immature prats who will never make anywhere near the kind of money that they would define as balling.

i'll tell you right now, if i were to make $250K a year vs what i do now, the only thing that would change would be the amount that gets invest each month, resulting in an earlier (and better) retirement, simple as that. ok, maybe i'd splash out on another suit (when you get old, nice suits are to men what channel purses are to women).

i'm serious, i wouldn't move from my place, i wouldn't buy a new car. granted, $250K isn't 'that' much more than i earn now, so maybe i've reached that level where i have everything that i 'want' in my life, and all else gets invested - and where i live, cars are so f'ing expensive to won and run, and you can't speed because there are speed cameras EVERYWHERE, so the desire to have a faster car are nil, plus i live in a very car-unfriendly city, so having a big luxury car isn't practical... god i sound so old.

then again, i am old and boring, and i get to travel the world for free with work in business class staying in super nice hotels - something i'd never pay for myself, so to many people they want to travel, i don't have that same desire as i travel plenty as is... (travelling loses it's fun when you're doing it every couple of weeks for 10hrs at a time)

but the point is, baller is such a stupid term. i think the biggest 'ballers' from the outside are the surrey retards that fill yaletown on the weekend and live at home with their parents, the real ballers are a little older, have a healthy asset portfolio and if they lost their jobs, they could go a couple years without financial concern... i think this view of 'baller'ness comes at 30, and if it doesn't, you probably need to grow up - i'll be 'balling' if my plans come to fruition and i can retire at 50 and spend my years 3 months at a time in 4 different places around the world - now that's balling!
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 04:08 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post

Sure, but it completely depends on your set up....Wife and 2 kids and all of a sudden that shit splits 4 ways....you've also got a whole bunch of other expenses...

It's a lot of money for sure, but I think, especially depending on your situation, it's not enough money that you can basically toss it around and not give a flying fuck....Thus, it ain't balling...

^Dude above me somewhat summed up my thoughts actually. 250K is good to live a nice comfortable, enjoyable life and do all reasonable things you want to do while raising a family.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:14 AM   #220

Quote:
you're neither wise nor intelligent at all. go dribble your ball somewhere else kid. i think some men are waiting to slap your ass for making an awesome pass.
Yup, back to being a douchebag...Alright gnight bud.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #221
I keep RS good

that is because you are still using a poor mans perspective of only counting the 250k a year.

people that know how to use money that make 250k a year, make a lot more than 250k a year.

4444 can give you some insight on that. like he has said, he invests. and anything more than he makes now will go more into his investments.

you're still taking 250k a year, as 250k a year. when in reality it's far more than that. you honestly should pay attention to what i write. and what 4444 has written.

i use the term balling so that the general audience can associate better with the language.

if i use the word "well off" they will assume something else.

if you split 700 dollars a day, split between 4 people. your wife and 2 kids. and that's all the money you got, you've got 99 problems and a bitch and 2 kids are 3.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 04:19 AM   #222
I keep RS good

Quote:
Yup, back to being a douchebag...Alright gnight bud.
you reap what you sow mother fucker. you're the biggest douchebag of this thread and you don't even know it.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 04:23 AM   #223

Yeah, you're right man, I have a poor man's perspective of 250K, probably because I'm poor and have no idea what it's like.

Quote:
you reap what you sow mother fucker. you're the biggest douchebag of this thread and you don't even know it.
okay, I think someone's a little upset...
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 AM   #224
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
i use the term balling so that the general audience can associate better with the language.

if i use the word "well off" they will assume something else.
balling is for douchebags on the street, usually in a group of men, with baggy pants (or nowadays skin tight jeans, stupid plaid shirts and handlebar moustaches who 'run a startup', usually found in gastown), who live with their parents... or worse, have just bought someone in vancouver on 99% leverage

well off people usually spend their time with a loved one, have very little 'stuff' and enjoy doing things, not showing off their wealth.

when i think of my life (i'm 31), i have everything in life i need, and they are:

the love of someone i am madly in love with
my health
the health and well being of family
security (financial and otherwise)
live in an amazingly awesome city (not vancouver)
a career that i really enjoy, and that enables me to do things i want to do (yes, i'd still rather be rich and not have to work, but i live in the real world)
being on track to retire at 50

now, not everything is perfect, i'd love to see my family more (don't live on same side of world anymore), but facetime has made it a lot easier than ever before. you'll also notice none of the above are money related (well, i guess the last one is, but not really, it's about living within your means and being financially responsible and conservative)

so, as far as i'm concerned, i may not drive a flash car (my car has 125hp for christ's sake), i may not go out every weekend and blow money on useless shit and drinks, but in my eyes, i've won! looking at me, people will probably think i'm boring and hate my life - fuck that, i do what i want, when i want, my wants are just a lot less 'douchy' than the average vancovuer cat

but hey, if 'ballers' want to look down on my for being lame - go ahead, water off a duck's back!
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 04:32 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
balling is for douchebags on the street, usually in a group of men, with baggy pants (or nowadays skin tight jeans, stupid plaid shirts and handlebar moustaches who 'run a startup', usually found in gastown), who live with their parents... or worse, have just bought someone in vancouver on 99% leverage

well off people usually spend their time with a loved one, have very little 'stuff' and enjoy doing things, not showing off their wealth.

when i think of my life (i'm 31), i have everything in life i need, and they are:

the love of someone i am madly in love with
my health
the health and well being of family
security (financial and otherwise)
live in an amazingly awesome city (not vancouver)
a career that i really enjoy, and that enables me to do things i want to do (yes, i'd still rather be rich and not have to work, but i live in the real world)
being on track to retire at 50

now, not everything is perfect, i'd love to see my family more (don't live on same side of world anymore), but facetime has made it a lot easier than ever before. you'll also notice none of the above are money related (well, i guess the last one is, but not really, it's about living within your means and being financially responsible and conservative)

so, as far as i'm concerned, i may not drive a flash car (my car has 125hp for christ's sake), i may not go out every weekend and blow money on useless shit and drinks, but in my eyes, i've won! looking at me, people will probably think i'm boring and hate my life - fuck that, i do what i want, when i want, my wants are just a lot less 'douchy' than the average vancovuer cat

but hey, if 'ballers' want to look down on my for being lame - go ahead, water off a duck's back!
It's funny, because he's asking me to refer to what you're saying, when really, this is the exact opposite of what he's saying.....You have good money, but you still have to be financially responsible and conservative....When I think of the term 'balling', I think of someone who really doesn't have to think twice where they are throwing their money around....

Maybe we just have a different definition of the term, but I guess we'll never find that out because I think he's a little upset and has resorted to making jokes to do with my username.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Gnight mate.
This post thanked by: