REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   where to find at home detailing products? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693498-where-find-home-detailing-products.html)

StanleyR 03-12-2014 03:09 PM

where to find at home detailing products?

I want to start washing my car at home. The wand washes are too far out of the way for me, and my car is black, so the touchless car washes are useless at doing a decent job of cleaning.

Anyone know where I can get some items like a grit guard and a few other cleaning /detailing items?

thanks in advance

fliptuner 03-12-2014 03:20 PM

http://www.revscene.net/forums/69338...w-website.html

Acethriller 03-12-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8434455)

+1

or CanadianTire

StanleyR 03-12-2014 03:33 PM

thanks guys

I was actually looking for a store like CT, but more variety... but you cant' beat CT's low prices when they put all the cleaning supplies in sale (must be once a year or something!)...guess I'll have to keep waiting for the sale to start

LP700-4 03-12-2014 04:19 PM

Walmart and Lordco have pretty good amount of stuff.

911fanatic 03-12-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyR (Post 8434460)
thanks guys

I was actually looking for a store like CT, but more variety... but you cant' beat CT's low prices when they put all the cleaning supplies in sale (must be once a year or something!)...guess I'll have to keep waiting for the sale to start

We don't carry a lot of products in my store and the reason is simple. Of the 1000+ products you see in some of the online stores, most are junk, plain and simple. We try to test as much of the new stuff that comes out as we can and if we like it, we carry it in our store. No, we don't whore our products out by having sales all the time but we offer two things no store, online or retail, does. One, you can come into my store and ask questions about anything we sell and you'll get an honest opinion based on EXPERIENCE ( 20 years of detailing ) with it. Two, all our products are guaranteed. Don't like it? Bring it back and we'll swap it for something else. We use what we sell so have no problem taking it back if you don't like it. We are going to try to test and add more products this year as well. We are going to have our own line out this year and will be able to offer better value than pretty much anything else available.

Gsxrghostrider 03-14-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911fanatic (Post 8434691)
We don't carry a lot of products in my store and the reason is simple. Of the 1000+ products you see in some of the online stores, most are junk, plain and simple. We try to test as much of the new stuff that comes out as we can and if we like it, we carry it in our store. No, we don't whore our products out by having sales all the time but we offer two things no store, online or retail, does. One, you can come into my store and ask questions about anything we sell and you'll get an honest opinion based on EXPERIENCE ( 20 years of detailing ) with it. Two, all our products are guaranteed. Don't like it? Bring it back and we'll swap it for something else. We use what we sell so have no problem taking it back if you don't like it. We are going to try to test and add more products this year as well. We are going to have our own line out this year and will be able to offer better value than pretty much anything else available.

IMO Go see a Pro.Walmart,Crappy Tire,etc etc,all sell automotive products, but can you get valuable information,and experience... IDK maybe you can lol In my experience save time and money go see a pro.:thumbsup:

espencert 03-16-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911fanatic (Post 8434691)
...Two, all our products are guaranteed. Don't like it? Bring it back and we'll swap it for something else. We use what we sell so have no problem taking it back if you don't like it. We are going to try to test and add more products this year as well. .

Wow. That is great. I buy tons of detailing stuff and lots of it is sub-par at best. Very good to know.

Spencer

Gsxrghostrider 04-05-2014 04:31 AM

Here's a local on line shop.

604 Auto Care Canada - Car Wax, Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies Store In Vancouver, BC