REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #1
Say NO to blade grinders!
 
Expresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,611
Thanked 1,019 Times in 462 Posts
Take out in Brentwood area

Whats everyones favourite take out joint in the brentwood area?

Something besides White spot, churches, sushi garden lol.
Advertisement
Expresso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Jgresch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 4,430
Thanked 3,279 Times in 823 Posts
I do anton's take out quite a bit around there. Panago is right there too. Joey's does take out as well i believe...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
Every time I'm there I usually see Jgresch's name under "Best Lap Times"
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.
 
Mr.HappySilp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,542
Thanked 1,663 Times in 846 Posts
S Sushi!
Mr.HappySilp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Spoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: VAN/RMD/BBY
Posts: 2,225
Thanked 761 Times in 337 Posts
Sushimoto's not bad. Quality is slightly better than sushi garden, but prices are a tad higher too.

If you don't mind turning on an oven, I sometimes go to Clancy's Meat Market. Food is good and fairly priced. Miles better than anything from M&M Meat Shop.
__________________
My Buyer/Seller Rating
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,253
Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
Brentwood = PitaPit ---> Gyro's
__________________
Quote:
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
JKam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 8,027
Thanked 552 Times in 237 Posts
Costco. $1.50 hotdog and drink.

But if you want good food there's nothing. After working in the area for a while I just make my lunch.. way better lol.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: burnaby
Posts: 1,871
Thanked 471 Times in 151 Posts
chad thai and thai cafe on hastings are pretty good. chad has better reviews if you're just gonna try one.

los compadres used to be good, but new owners made it suuuuuck.
__________________
Feedback 24-0-0
Hot Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
If you have the time and space to eat it, Cockney Kings in Kensington Plaza can be ready in as little as 5 mins. Excellent fish and chips.

Other than that, maybe Safeway sandwiches? It's not a terrible choice if you're looking to try something new.

Burgers Etc is the closest BBQ place, and it's not bad. I've yet to try the many Greek places on Hastings, so if anyone has any tips on good restaurants I'd be happy to hear them!

I live across from Sushimoto, and honestly the only thing that keeps me as a customer is their aburri salmon belly which is something you can't get at Sushi Garden. As much as I don't prefer Sushi Garden's inconsistency, it's still the best bang for buck sushi place in the area.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
If you have the time and space to eat it, Cockney Kings in Kensington Plaza can be ready in as little as 5 mins. Excellent fish and chips.

Other than that, maybe Safeway sandwiches? It's not a terrible choice if you're looking to try something new.

Burgers Etc is the closest BBQ place, and it's not bad. I've yet to try the many Greek places on Hastings, so if anyone has any tips on good restaurants I'd be happy to hear them!

I live across from Sushimoto, and honestly the only thing that keeps me as a customer is their aburri salmon belly which is something you can't get at Sushi Garden. As much as I don't prefer Sushi Garden's inconsistency, it's still the best bang for buck sushi place in the area.
Gaya sushi is a pretty good option as well.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Gaya sushi is a pretty good option as well.
That's actually the one I frequent the most, but didn't think it was in the "Brentwood" area so I didn't list it.

Some maki are not as well executed as Sushi Garden (dynamite rolls come to mind), but I go there often for their chicken teriyaki hot plate, alaska combo, and hot night roll. It can get pretty busy at dinner time, but lunch time is pretty dead since there isn't many businesses in the area.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #11
ZN6
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Van
Posts: 1,689
Thanked 1,571 Times in 601 Posts
There's a ramen place on hastings and willingdon on the south east corner. No too close to brentwood but not too far either. I liked their curry ramen. Not sure if they do takeout but decent restaurant nevertheless.
ZN6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #12
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
There's a ramen place on hastings and willingdon on the south east corner. No too close to brentwood but not too far either. I liked their curry ramen. Not sure if they do takeout but decent restaurant nevertheless.
Probably this:

Hakkaku Ramen ?? - North Burnaby - Burnaby | Urbanspoon

Has good reviews. My fiancee liked it. My good friend got sick. I haven't tried it personally so I can't vouch for either. I'm not the biggest ramen fan, but it's nice to have a good restaurant nearby. (On the strict topic of ramen, I hear the new place on Royal Oak where the double murder happened is also very good- Kamamarui Ramen & Sushi - South Burnaby - Burnaby | Urbanspoon)
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #13
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Probably this:

Hakkaku Ramen ?? - North Burnaby - Burnaby | Urbanspoon

Has good reviews. My fiancee liked it. My good friend got sick. I haven't tried it personally so I can't vouch for either. I'm not the biggest ramen fan, but it's nice to have a good restaurant nearby. (On the strict topic of ramen, I hear the new place on Royal Oak where the double murder happened is also very good- Kamamarui Ramen & Sushi - South Burnaby - Burnaby | Urbanspoon)
I've been meaning to try this place out for some time now but haven't ever been in the area without having a plan on where to eat.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #14
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
kakucaekz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,442
Thanked 1,871 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Brentwood = PitaPit ---> Gyro's
Brentwood also = PitaKing ---> Chicken Shawerma platter or pita.
__________________
Flickr Journal-MR2 Spotted Thread Instagram
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
1992 Acura Integra GSR
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #15
I subscribe to Revscene
 
k3mps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: vancity
Posts: 1,929
Thanked 1,315 Times in 385 Posts
X-Cite does takeout too. Hastings and Beta or Alpha, can't remember
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #16
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
Yup XSite is an old favourite. I still go there from time to time. I love their honey-mustard (which I think is made in-house).
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
MR_BIGGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,530
Thanked 665 Times in 273 Posts
Another vote for x-site.
__________________
"A chicken crossing the street is poultry in motion"
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #18
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 667
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
I just got takeout from Happy Valley Chinese Restaurant, it's just a short drive on broadway and rupert, a few mins from brentwood. The place is usually jam packed during dim sum. Got some takeout beef fried noodle and fried rice, it was really delicious. I would say it's one of the better chinese spots in Burnaby, since there aren't very many. This place is alot better Double one, happy kitchen, and Paul's. It's a full chinese seafood restaurant so it's better than all the smaller western style chinese places in Burnaby.

Only other full chinese seafood restaurant worth getting takeout is Wah Lun on Hastings and Willingdon or Golden Lake on hastings and Boundary area (Vancouver side).

Last edited by MASTER_J; 03-17-2014 at 12:18 PM.
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #19
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER_J View Post
I just got takeout from Happy Valley Chinese Restaurant, it's just a short drive on broadway and rupert, a few mins from brentwood. The place is usally jam packed during dim sum. Got some takeout beef fried noodle and fried rice, it was really delicious. I would say it's one of the better chinese spots in Burnaby, since there aren't very many. This place alot better Double one, happy kitchen, and Paul's. It's a full chinese seafood restaurant so it's better than all the smaller western style chinese places in Burnaby.
It's technically in Vancouver

But I agree- it's one of the better restaurants in the area for an all-around meal. I've been a few times for peking duck/random things and they've been "good enough".

Certain things I get a specific restaurants. For example, I go to North Garden (not in Brentwood area) for Shanghai chicken, beef/black bean sauce, and yeung chow rice. Unfortunately, I can't get that anywhere near Brentwood, so I make the slightly further drive out to Lougheed Mall lol

It's too bad there isn't a better Chinese spot in the Hastings Heights area- so many more Italian/Greek spots, and they mostly suck
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #20
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 667
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
It's technically in Vancouver

But I agree- it's one of the better restaurants in the area for an all-around meal. I've been a few times for peking duck/random things and they've been "good enough".

Certain things I get a specific restaurants. For example, I go to North Garden (not in Brentwood area) for Shanghai chicken, beef/black bean sauce, and yeung chow rice. Unfortunately, I can't get that anywhere near Brentwood, so I make the slightly further drive out to Lougheed Mall lol

It's too bad there isn't a better Chinese spot in the Hastings Heights area- so many more Italian/Greek spots, and they mostly suck
Yeah you're right, it's technically on Vancouver side, I just consider it my Burnaby area since I live at Oma and it's literally a 2-3 min drive.. haha
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #21
Say NO to blade grinders!
 
Expresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,611
Thanked 1,019 Times in 462 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. Ramen sounds interesting!
Expresso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #22
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 667
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Has anyone ever tried that So Crab So Good place? This probably isn't a takeout place but i just thought i mention it. I've noticed this restaurant a few months ago and I'm curious to see if they're even good or editable lol. It's nearHastings and Edmonds, on the second floor with the yellow awning. I think they're like that boiling crab/crab pot style restaurant serving seafood/crab/crawfish stuff. It's such a weird location and would never think of having that kind of restaurant there....
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #23
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
JKam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 8,027
Thanked 552 Times in 237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
chad thai and thai cafe on hastings are pretty good. chad has better reviews if you're just gonna try one.

los compadres used to be good, but new owners made it suuuuuck.
Sorry chad thai is gross. Their pad thai was just ketchup noodles and other noodle dishes were super oily with bits and ends of veggies.

Had a curry there too, it was ok. Nothing special. My experience was from 2 years ago so maybe it got better.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #24
I subscribe to Revscene
 
k3mps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: vancity
Posts: 1,929
Thanked 1,315 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
Sorry chad thai is gross. Their pad thai was just ketchup noodles and other noodle dishes were super oily with bits and ends of veggies.

Had a curry there too, it was ok. Nothing special. My experience was from 2 years ago so maybe it got better.
it hasn't
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net