REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 06:36 AM   #251
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Yeah i didn't go because I didn't want my 50k paint job ruined.
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #252
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Other than the Hick in the ram doing a asphalt spraying burnout it looked like a pretty enjoyable meet.
there will always be asshats trying to show off.
If you feel affected by said burnouts take down the plate number and take a pic.

Bring on the Revscene meet!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #253

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Personally, I'm right pissed that an event coordinator would encourage such things at there event by telling a member to do a burnout but I would love to see more car events around Vancouver.
If things could be changed and more organization put in place I think the meets could be great. I would like to see them continue but with more organization and rules.
Enzo knows a lot of the high end car people in the GVRD and gets them all together. Its great to see a mix of super exotics, domestics and imports all hanging out together.

Its like anything else in life, we need to all stick together when it comes to the car scene. If they separate us then it is easier for them to pass new laws that only effect a few people and then the others don't care....just look at Australia with there defection laws.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #254
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I went, promised a spot for our group, got there, pretty much told us to park wherever.
Its not that I'm mad about no space, 'cause there was quite a bit when we first got there. Just the principle of it. No respect.

I left at 12, I'm happy I did, but I cant say I didn't want to witness the carnage. :$
The time I was there, nothing really happened, just a normal car meet, it was just the ending that brought the whole event down.

Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Not going to another "West Coast Let Me Show Off My Car Because Looking At It Isn't Enough Event" I went to all their cruises, I must say it hasn't been this bad, but something about these events, they seem childish.

The only support I showed was just bring there.
I never fully supported them.

I hope the media didnt eat it all up. I havnt heard anything about the events that took place yesterday aside from facebook.

Last edited by Mr.V_Dub; 03-17-2014 at 10:23 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #255
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
i was under the impression that prior to the event, no talk about WCCE was allowed. is it only OK now because it turned out so poorly?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #256

Since when could we not talk about WCCE?

I think they were just not allowed to advertise there meet on RS due to the lack of organization and respect from there previous meets.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #257
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

You know it realistically isn't that far fetched at all that someone could go blind in one eye from a thumb sized rock flying right into the eye. The chances are low but still the hell are there.

Last edited by E-SPEC; 03-17-2014 at 10:31 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #258
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Since when could we not talk about WCCE?

I think they were just not allowed to advertise there meet on RS due to the lack of organization and respect from there previous meets.
they're not allowed to advertise as Lorenzo and his employer benefit from it on a business level, that is reserved for paying advertisers.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
Old 03-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
they're not allowed to advertise as Lorenzo and his employer benefit from it on a business level, that is reserved for paying advertisers.
^ BOOM! That right there, which makes perfect sense IMO
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #260

Ah gotcha- it's all business.

edited: retracted my POV. carry on
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #261
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Jesus Fucking H. Christ!! What an appalling thread to read through. There isn't a big enough facepalm emoji to express my disappointment.

The biggest issue with this meet is that it destroys the reputation for the rest of us. The fact that it was a completely different organizer doesn't change the fact that the organizer is representing our "scene". I hate to say it like that but it's true. The actions of a few have sent the public view of our "scene" back to the fucking stone age. It has taken great care and work and responsibility over the last 15 years to build what we have. Now RS Mods are fielding calls and messages from authorities. It doesn't matter that this wasn't an RS endorsed event. THE PUBLIC DOESN'T REALIZE THAT!!! We all have a responsibility to uphold the highest standards of conduct as we all represent a scene that cops and the public have a negative view on. It has taken FUCKING FOREVER for the RS team to build relationships with those in power(police, city admins, hosting locations for meets, etc) and things like this just piss on all their hard work. Now they have no choice but to do damage control. What a fucking joke. Not blaming anyone, just ranting about the results of this meet /endrant

The silver lining in all of this is that the RS Meets are so well organized and we have all been trained to not tolerate douchebaggery. To the point that if someone is acting out usually a bunch of RS'ers will call that person out and hopefully they are shamed and leave.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #262
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
Ah gotcha- it's all business.

edited: retracted my POV. carry on
Good guy slowguy.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #263

are you a hipster or someshit?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #264
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
I've been biting my tongue pretty much this whole thread... I've had many experiences for the last couple years with the WCCE 'ceo', I'm not going to go into details, but this is just one of many immature type slip ups, that are followed with empty apologies.

It's funny to me how the organizers and even some people on here refer to 'WCCE' as this big company, started by young, creative entrepreneurs... in reality it is a Facebook group started by a 16 year old. I hope RS owners/admins don't end up associating with this group, it's really not something that is going to benefit RS, it's just going to paint us in a bad light and boost the WCCE kid's ego.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #265
GS8

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
One time, I went to a Buick meet

I was the only one there

Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #266
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
I agree with Jgresch. RS doesn't need to associate with some kid looking to be the centre of attention that started a facebook group. Look at the fucking buddy guys and bullshit this event has attracted. I and I'm sure many others don't care if this guy "can get" 20 vinyl wrapped 458/aventador/gallardos/maseratis. What matters is a good group of people getting out. There are tons of awesome cars that come to RS events without his "connections" and just as many awesome people, dogs, kids, and the type of crowd I'm proud to be a part of.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #267
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,740 Times in 359 Posts
Thanks guys for spreading the word about the burnouts, especially the truck.

One thing that has to be noted was the group of idiots who were calling the guy in the black truck a 'pussy' or saying his truck was 'shitty' because he couldn't do a brake stand. So naturally that provokes an idiot to do some even more idiotic things. Lots of idiots just standing around asking for some shit to happen.

Anyways, here are some photos if anyone is interested - there were some very interesting cars.

WCCE Vancouver car meet - a set on Flickr
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #268
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardmozis View Post
Thanks guys for spreading the word about the burnouts, especially the truck.

One thing that has to be noted was the group of idiots who were calling the guy in the black truck a 'pussy' or saying his truck was 'shitty' because he couldn't do a brake stand. So naturally that provokes an idiot to do some even more idiotic things. Lots of idiots just standing around asking for some shit to happen.

Anyways, here are some photos if anyone is interested - there were some very interesting cars.

WCCE Vancouver car meet - a set on Flickr
was there any damage on your merc? nice pics too btw
Old 03-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #269

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
man that e92 m3 with the red vinyl so ugly
Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg260z View Post
was there any damage on your merc? nice pics too btw
There are a few minor chips in the paint on the corners of the front bumper & hood where I wasn't holding the umbrella. What can I really do about it... It is not major enough to undergo a respray, and not minor enough to be forgotten.

There were some real ignorant people who were telling me it was just rubber that was flying. Just a bunch of idiots. This guy on the left was one of them.

'just rubber' yeah, right

What a disgrace to other organizations who like to meet in this area.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #271
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
omg that plate on that e55 is so awesome
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #272

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
It's bad enough that these ass clowns behave in this fashion but when physical damage occurs, well; someone needs to be held accountable. Anyone report the Dodge Ram plate to the proper authorities? Even if it's not worth a claim for your Merc at least he may get punishment and hopefully that will prevent him from fucking up other people's property in the future.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #273
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
I'm surprised ICBC allowed such a vanity plate to be issued.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #274
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
That kid on the left is Kyle. Friends with Lorenzo and one of the guys that ran WCCE. They're all a bunch of entitled brats.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
It's bad enough that these ass clowns behave in this fashion but when physical damage occurs, well; someone needs to be held accountable. Anyone report the Dodge Ram plate to the proper authorities? Even if it's not worth a claim for your Merc at least he may get punishment and hopefully that will prevent him from fucking up other people's property in the future.
RCMP officer got the plate # BCS 2701 on an Alberta plate. Then he had to go to that GTR roll over so he left in a hurry.
Closed Thread