REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   West Coast Car Events meet! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693590-west-coast-car-events-meet.html)

320icar 03-17-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABU (Post 8438755)
Who's this Enzo Garcia guy ? Red evo with white rims ? Always speed up and down Arbutus and likes to hang out at Starbucks/MacD around Kerrisdale checking high school kids out.

Lorenzo only has his L. So no i don't believe he even owns a car
Posted via RS Mobile

Redlines_Daily 03-17-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evlee (Post 8438704)
found this on faceboook....just gonna leave it here:)
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3509c896.jpg

Creeping someone's Facebook and posting his photo online so you and your friends can laugh at him is way more mature though.

Autorice 03-17-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Who's this Enzo Garcia guy ? Red evo with white rims ? Always speed up and down Arbutus and likes to hang out at Starbucks/MacD around Kerrisdale checking high school kids out.

small world. that's my neighbor. haha

jACEDesignsLtd 03-17-2014 09:57 PM

Hey everyone. Redlines_daily is right. it's starting to cross over to bullying territory and we need to stop it.

if you have a fair comment to say, then that's fine. Just recognize when the line is being crossed. We are better than that.

ilvtofu 03-17-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Always speed up and down Arbutus and likes to hang out at Starbucks/MacD around Kerrisdale checking high school kids out.

Different guy, has been hanging out around that area even when I was in high school about 5-6 years ago, was a prelude with underglow back then iirc. Lorenzo hadn't even sprouted his first pube yet

kookoobird88 03-17-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

my buddy
he may speed up and down arbutus and be at those locations mentioned but he definitely doesnt creep on high school kids, dont know where youre getting that from. If anything i creep the LGs ;)

BABU 03-17-2014 10:29 PM

^ haha cool, sorry about the high school comment.
Posted via RS Mobile

guesswho 03-17-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

haha used to see this guy parked almost everyday at the starbucks around 3 and at night at the mcds hanging out with hs kids :pokerface:

FiveOneOh 03-18-2014 01:08 AM

As an organizer for another car club who uses the venue, myself and my group are directly affect by the events which have recently transpired. As disheartening as it may be that we may have to move our show this year (after 10+ in the same location) some RS members are taking things a bit to far.

Direct insults, threats, and digging for dirt are not a constructive way to solve anything nor does it make RS and its community look any better then those who were involved in ruining WCCE's event. Yes the kid screwed up, yes its a total mess. However he also young and inexperienced and lets face it.. his PR could use a little work. (Enzo.. I know you are reading this... sometimes a little humility is not a bad thing bro).

None of this warrants low blows guys. As a community we also need to take some (and I stress SOME) responsibility for not stepping up at the time and telling the idiots to knock it off. This isn't an us and them thing... they are us and we are them. Many RS members were there and many cars that were there will be at the RS meet.

Lets just cool it a bit and make sure the RS meet is a good one. Show the city, the police, the media that petrol heads aren't all hooligans again. Enzo's young, hopefully he learns and understands why there has been such a negative back lash. If he wants to put on meets all the power to him, I just hope if he does it again he asks the more experienced (IE, RS organizers) for some tips so past events don't reoccur. On the flip side of that I hope the more experienced are willing to offer to offer that assistance.

"1st offense you didn't know
2nd offense you didn't understand
3rd offense now your doing it on purpose"

Please don't let it go past 1 WCCE....

T4RAWR 03-18-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveOneOh (Post 8438891)

Ignorantia juris neminem excusat

Spoiler!

fliptuner 03-18-2014 04:43 AM

While I can appreciate your sentiment, I wouldn't even consider attending a meet organized by WCCE for a long, long time, if ever.

If I were to promote a group/club that was holding a meet, I would distance us as far away from them as possible.

While we're all car enthusiasts, it's better for the bad seeds to be singled out, than have everyone balled up into one, from the public/police perception.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

trollface 03-18-2014 06:29 AM

RS Summary:

Look at these good deeds i did for strangers!
Hey, bullying is bad!

Next tread:

RS BEATDOWN CREW
Creep guy's Facebook so we can make fun of him online

El Bastardo 03-18-2014 07:08 AM

http://i.imgur.com/VG7SVDn.gif

thisthread.gif

saucywoman 03-18-2014 08:05 AM

Yes guys please stop with the bullying. If someone on here created that troll Facebook page please remove it. Just because Lorenzo and his friends say bad things about RS doesn't mean anyone here needs to retaliate.

Yes he fucked up by asking that guy to do a burnout but he doesn't need anyone harassing him or bullying. This just clumps you in the same class as the immaturity that ensued Sunday

What we need to do now is drop all of the hostility and go out and show what the enthusiast community is really like. Lets start to rebuild the name that was soiled on Sunday.
Posted via RS Mobile

Raid3n 03-18-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8438357)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matsuda (Post 8438314)
If I was a sponsor of that event, I'd too be putting my company as far away as possible from being associated with WCCE.. I've seen RS take a lot of flak for the way they put on their events and how a few people suggest they can put on a better event like a spring/summer meet.

This just goes to show with a lack of organization and etiquette, an event can quickly turn into a shitshow. By comparison, the RS events have been well organized and fun to attend. A large scale meet isn't easy to organize as a lot of people may think. It takes a lot of planning and organization.

I think what I just typed was english =D

Mostly English. Fixt. And agreed.

Fixed that for you.

trollguy 03-18-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jACEDesignsLtd (Post 8438781)
We are better than that.

this thread should be closed then, especially since RS is a business. how professional is that?

duy- 03-18-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveOneOh (Post 8438891)

nah, no second chance. best thing to do is to completely avoid the meets and give it no attention, cant have a meet without cars or people right? hes just a bit young, i cant say i was any smarter at that age and im sure he'll be an awesome host later on but needs to grow a bit before then

richardmozis 03-18-2014 11:19 AM

I'm done with meets for a while....

German car festival in June is the one I would go to because it was good last time and set the bar high for a good meet.

Maybe an RS meet? I'm still a newbie around here...

white rocket 03-18-2014 11:28 AM

@richardmozis: Come check out the RS Spring Meet on the 30th. You won't see any of the immature behavior you witnessed this past weekend. The 900+ car meet RS hosted last year was a great success with minimal to zero incidents. A remarkable feat considering how many people rolled through.

SSM_DC5 03-18-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white rocket (Post 8439100)
@richardmozis: Come check out the RS Spring Meet on the 30th. You won't see any of the immature behavior you witnessed this past weekend. The 900+ car meet RS hosted last year was a great success with minimal to zero incidents. A remarkable feat considering how many people rolled through.

^^ how can you guarantee that? it was already determined in this thread that the same M5 was being an idiot at both the meet that just occurred and at the RS meet last year. what if the same idiots show up to the RS meet to try and cause trouble. Whether these non-welcomed people do stupid things in the parking lot or on the streets that gain access to the parking lots, bystanders will most likely still associate them with as part of the RS meet.

thumper 03-18-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor (Post 8437521)
So that's three cars that crashed during/after the meet?

- GTR
- Supra
- The upside down silver car

That is some terrible statistics right there. This event just set us motoring enthusiasts back by years. :failed:

^ you asked me why i don't go to shows anymore... :(

but at least i got to get a sneak peek at the smurf dart :thumbsup:

El Bastardo 03-18-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucywoman (Post 8438963)
Just because Lorenzo and his friends say bad things about RS doesn't mean anyone here needs to retaliate.

Good point. Lorenzo is a child. He doesn't know any better.

We're all adults here and need to set an example.

bcrdukes 03-18-2014 12:07 PM

So...why is this thread still alive? :suspicious:

El Bastardo 03-18-2014 12:14 PM

http://i.imgur.com/RxtjUBQ.gif

thisthread.gif

saucywoman 03-18-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardmozis (Post 8439094)
I'm done with meets for a while....

German car festival in June is the one I would go to because it was good last time and set the bar high for a good meet.

Maybe an RS meet? I'm still a newbie around here...

Defs come check it out. Hoping to beat last years record. We've got some great sponsors and food trucks coming out, open road group is planning to bring some of their cars, I'm still waiting to hear on another company

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 (Post 8439114)
^^ how can you guarantee that? it was already determined in this thread that the same M5 was being an idiot at both the meet that just occurred and at the RS meet last year. what if the same idiots show up to the RS meet to try and cause trouble. Whether these non-welcomed people do stupid things in the parking lot or on the streets that gain access to the parking lots, bystanders will most likely still associate them with as part of the RS meet.

We can't guarantee the actions of others but with an increased police presence in watching us, increased volunteers and members capturing info of violators to turn over to authorities and discouraging those immature few I think this meet should be as good, if not better than last year.
Posted via RS Mobile