REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   'Unequivocal' cell phones cause cancer (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693675-unequivocal-cell-phones-cause-cancer.html)

CharlesInCharge 03-19-2014 12:33 AM

'Unequivocal' cell phones cause cancer

Quote:

Mobiles 'cooking the brain'; brain tumors become children's number one killer illness; and leaked industry memo admits 'wargaming' the science. Seek truth from facts with former senior White House adviser Devra Davis, Storyleak editor Anthony Gucciardi, 'cell phone survivor' Bret Bocook, Microwave News editor Louis Slesin, top radiation biologist Dariusz Leszczynski, and Ellie Marks, whose husband Alan's suing the industry for his brain tumor.

SkinnyPupp 03-19-2014 01:03 AM

Don't worry, all the nuclear fallout from Fukushima will wipe us out first

Lomac 03-19-2014 01:17 AM

Funny how they just say, "Hey, Person X used a cellphone on the right side of his head and, behold, he happened to have a tumour there!" There's no presentation of actual proof that the cause and effect are one and the same. The Granger causality test is strong in this piece and, as usual, shows how severely limited it is.

CharlesInCharge 03-19-2014 01:35 AM

Have brain tumors sky rocketed in the United States? Does the position of the tumors correlate to the hand in which the users hold a cell phone?
And most importantly would the industry release this kind of information?

Well we've seen shill doctors promoting cigarettes in past commercials when the powers that be knew they were cancer causing before hand... who's to say today's any different when the medical industry is so tainted.

SkinnyPupp 03-19-2014 01:54 AM

Correlation does not mean causation. It means "look into it more and don't say shit until you do."

Vale46Rossi 03-19-2014 02:05 AM

Everything gives us cancer these days..... I'll be happy if someone doesn't kill me while I'm riding my bike....

rsx 03-19-2014 02:45 AM

http://www.belowthelion.co.za/wp-con...andy-marsh.jpg

dangonay 03-19-2014 05:52 AM

Unequivocally, CiC is an idiot.

Why aren't people getting tumors in their hands? People are always texting with their cell phones, placing the RF emissions right beside their hands. So where are all the people with hand tumors?

In fact, I'd bet cold, hard cash that todays cellphone spends far more time in your hands texting or browsing then it does beside your head.

MarkyMark 03-19-2014 06:37 AM

Not that I believe this crap, but who here would give up their cell phone if it was proven to increase the chance of cancer by say, 30 percent? Just curious.
Posted via RS Mobile

BoostedBB6 03-19-2014 07:17 AM

Phone calls? I don't think I make more than 1 a week on my cell phone hahah

Presto 03-19-2014 07:20 AM

Doesn't CiC have his own thread for all his spewings? Who let him out of his cage?

danny_d19 03-19-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 (Post 8439812)
Phone calls? I don't think I make more than 1 a week on my cell phone hahah

exactly. If anything I'll get cancer in my hands from texting lol

radioman 03-19-2014 07:58 AM

Maybe people who sleep on a certain side of their head can get cancer from their pillow :ahwow:

GLOW 03-19-2014 08:13 AM

username radioman. stay away - you are cancer causing.

radioman 03-19-2014 08:16 AM

:okay:

kwy 03-19-2014 08:38 AM

Shut the fuck up. If everything is so dangerous, get off your computer and go live in the mountains.

Phil@rise 03-19-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 8439802)
Not that I believe this crap, but who here would give up their cell phone if it was proven to increase the chance of cancer by say, 30 percent? Just curious.
Posted via RS Mobile

I would. In a heartbeat! Hmmm discuss what the wife wants for dinner when I get home orrrrrrr brain cancer......

LightKeeper 03-19-2014 09:27 AM

The amount of radiowaves and microwaves we are exposed to are enormous at this day and age. With everything becoming wireless, who can really pinpoint which device are causing us harm. Bluetooth, wifi, radio towers.. we should consider when is it actually necessary to go wireless or not. Say if I'm right next to the stereo. Is it really necessary for me to use a wireless headphone?

For those who have heard and use Electromagnetic Chaos eliminator. Does it actually work for you or is it just another gimmick.
Posted via RS Mobile

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-19-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 8439788)
Why aren't people getting tumors in their hands?

that is a good point.

CharlesInCharge 03-19-2014 10:44 AM

Imagine you're a beam of radiation, would you want to put your head against a nice soft set of fatty tissue like a womens breasts and brain matter or a little boney hard tissued hand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightKeeper (Post 8439854)

For those who have heard and use Electromagnetic Chaos eliminator. Does it actually work for you or is it just another gimmick.
Posted via RS Mobile

If it doesnt plug into the ground sock of the electrical outlet it probably is a gimmick. A grounding pad or whats called an earthing mat should work though.

JKam 03-19-2014 11:04 AM

headphones with a mic, problem solved!

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-19-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8439916)
Imagine you're a beam of radiation, would you want to put your head against a nice soft set of fatty tissue like a womens breasts and brain matter or a little boney hard tissued hand?

that's a trick question.

i can imagine myself to be anything, and i would always choose the soft fatty tissue of a woman's breasts. :concentrate:

shenmecar 03-19-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

If it doesnt plug into the ground sock of the electrical outlet it probably is a gimmick. A grounding pad or whats called an earthing mat should work though.

It doesn't just have to be plugged into the ground socket to eliminate EM energy. To "eliminate" electromagnetic (EM) energy (I refuse to call it "chaos" because I don't believe EM energy to be chaotic, its actually very well defined) you would have to build a grounded metal box around the thing that transmits/receives EM energy. Basically building a "Faraday Cage".

Now who wants to buy a $700 phone to put it in a metal box and never use it?

So yes, those stupid as stickers are just that, stickers. And if you paid for it then :lawl:

dangonay 03-19-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Imagine you're a beam of radiation, would you want to put your head against a nice soft set of fatty tissue like a womens breasts and brain matter or a little boney hard tissued hand

You should stop talking out of your ass. Radiation affects cells differently. Cells that actively reproduce (like white blood cells) are most susceptible to damage from radiation. Want to know what parts of the body are LEAST susceptible? Nerves, muscle and brain cells. That's right, brain cells are on the bottom of the list. Skin cells are in the middle.

BTW, this is for ionising radiation (one of only a VERY SMALL number of issues that are known to pose a risk for brain tumours). Non-ionising radiation is the type emitted by cell phones and similar devices.

Perhaps you should learn a bit before spewing a bunch of garbage that only serves to solidify the opinion pretty much everyone on RS has of you.

CharlesInCharge 03-19-2014 01:59 PM

Dariusz Leszczynski, top radiation biologist... majority of RS users... shake fist in the air at ICBC, gas prices, and debate life experiences vs saving money.