REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

DC2 Recaro seats worth it?

I got the stock honda civic sir seats in my car. I want to upgrade them to either RSX seats or the Recaro black DC2 seats.

I found someone selling Recaros for 700, pretty good condition and not knock-offs. Should I grab them?

Whats your guys' input.
Advertisement
KingKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
I went through a few sets of seats for my Prelude and so far the Recaro's that I purchased are the best! Very comfortable and my lower back or rear doesn't hurt after a long drive.
I had S2000 seats before and I was thinking about the RSX leather seats but I ended up buying the JDM DC5-R Recaro seats in black with red stitching.
I don't think you will be disappointed if you purchase Recaro seats but make sure you check the seats out in person if you are able to. I've seen many Recaro seats with ruined bolsters and fairly worn out.

Here are some images of the seats in my vehicle:

Good luck!
Cheers!

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio

Last edited by european; 03-25-2014 at 10:54 AM.
european is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

meh its a love hate thing for me.

i have a bride seat and i find that if you anal and want it super clean and side bolsters perfect ALL the time, don't get it. I know the whole point of getting it is to sit on it, but i can't bare to wear out the bolsters.

that's why it sits in storage 9 months of the year.

other than that, buy it end enjoy it! They feel great and you're going to LOVE them.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #4

Alright I'm gonna go check them out in person at 3, keep you guys posted.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I have them in my DC2R and they are a great combo of bolster support yet retaining comfort. $700 for the pair including rails is a fair deal as long as they aren't shit kicked
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
I have them in my DC2R and they are a great combo of bolster support yet retaining comfort. $700 for the pair including rails is a fair deal as long as they aren't shit kicked
Rails are included. I haven't seen them in person yet but I got a picture of the passenger seat. Should I throw it up?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

I find oem rails too high, I went with bride low rails and the seating position is perfect. I don't care much for them in daily driving situations as the bolsters are really high
Posted via RS Mobile
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
I went through a few sets of seats for my Prelude and so far the Recaro's that I purchased are the best! Very comfortable and my lower back or rear doesn't hurt after a long drive.
I had S2000 seats before and I was thinking about the RSX leather seats but I ended up buying the JDM DC5-R Recaro seats in black with red stitching.
I don't think you will be disappointed if you purchase Recaro seats but make sure you check the seats out in person if you are able to. I've seen many Recaro seats with ruined bolsters and fairly worn out.

Here are some images of the seats in my vehicle:

Good luck!
Cheers!
DC5-R's FTW!

but like cruz-in has already pointed out. maintaining those bolsters can be a bit of a chore. Every time you get out of the car, you need to get up and over the bolsters. even worse when you have passengers who sit right on the bolster
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
DC5-R's FTW!

but like cruz-in has already pointed out. maintaining those bolsters can be a bit of a chore. Every time you get out of the car, you need to get up and over the bolsters. even worse when you have passengers who sit right on the bolster
NO kidding, when i see people who plant one butt check on it to get in the passenger seat, it drives me NUTS.

granted, you can epair the bolsters, it just doesnt look the same

even after the repair, it still doesn't look as awesome

or just buy new bolsters!!!

Last edited by cruz-in; 03-25-2014 at 12:12 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
make sure you sit in them, preferably mounted inside a car. not knowing your body type, you may end up struggling to get over the thigh bolster (and steering wheel) or you are wide in the waistline and thoe side bolsters become very uncomfortable fast.

what i did back in the day with mine was i got a thin black towel and draped it over the lower cushion and bolsters and i would sit on that. i had minimal wear doing that.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #11
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Just how fast are you guys wearing through the material? Also if possible, find out if they've been in a crashed car.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #12

It's going to be going into my em1, its not salvaged. The guy I'm buying it from has 6 cars. 2 of which are ITR's s2k and a civic coupe, not sure what year but probably 07+

At this point I know they'll be decent condition if not good. the thing is the price tag. but if you guys believe 7 bills for the pair and rails is good I'll grab them. The only thing I'm thinking about is how heaty it'll make my car as a target for theft. I see the seats at 3:30.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKaze View Post
It's going to be going into my em1, its not salvaged. The guy I'm buying it from has 6 cars. 2 of which are ITR's s2k and a civic coupe, not sure what year but probably 07+

At this point I know they'll be decent condition if not good. the thing is the price tag. but if you guys believe 7 bills for the pair and rails is good I'll grab them. The only thing I'm thinking about is how heaty it'll make my car as a target for theft. I see the seats at 3:30.
yeah 700 is a sweet deal for mint seats & rails included.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I paid $900 for 8/10 condition ones in 2010.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #15

Okay so I went to see the seats in person, the seats are good I'd say 8/10 itself but theres only one problem.

The passenger side has a small hole on the seat.

What you guys think?

Old 03-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #16
10psi aint enough...

Hmm... Seen those before on CL, I think. Has the tear or hole in the fab.

I would wait for another mint set but they are rare I admit. $700 is ok for the condition, did it come with oem rails/sliders?

I got my jdm dc2r recaros in red with oem rails and sliders few years ago... Always one of my favs.
Paid $900 for mint 9.5/10 on mine, seller posted and I bought right away.
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #17
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i am thinking pass. unless you don't mind an upholsterer stitching that back together, but then you will still see it.

but is that a rip, or a cigarette burn?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #18
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I have the red recaro SRDs and holy tits the previous owner really fucked my side bolsters hard. The driver's side is crushed from entry and exits.

Nevertheless, it is still very comfy to sit in and the fabric feels very durable even with the crushed bolsters.
gwh0803 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
i am thinking pass. unless you don't mind an upholsterer stitching that back together, but then you will still see it.

but is that a rip, or a cigarette burn?
Its a small tear, half the size of a dime size. but the fact that its there is what bothers me. The reason I want to change my rear interior is the fact theres a big ass gap in the middle of the rear seat that makes my OCD go off.

I know it'll bother me, but for 675 (talked him down 25 bucks, tried 50) I think its basically the best deal. No?

The bolsters on it are pretty decent, not good but not bad. Nothing really that I can complain about just normal wear and tear over time. No big dents doesn't need a repair.

I told him I'll get them tomorrow but I'm still in debating mode.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #20
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
hole so small... just stitch it up
for 675 you cannot expect to get a perfect product.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
hole so small... just stitch it up
for 675 you cannot expect to get a perfect product.
Its not mint but that hole is going to bother me. Anyone know how much it'll be to get this fixed?
Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #22
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I would just like to put in that i also have these in my Civic coupe. Best seats ever. Definitely worth it, i paid about 900 for mine.
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #23
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,619 Posts
I paid $700 without rails 4 years ago now. For $675 WITH rails, I'd say that's a hell of a deal despite the hole.

oh and yes, these seats are worth the money! hella comfortable and supportive in cornering.

if you're looking for something snug and light weight though, these are not for you.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #24
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

they are super super comfy. i have back problems but when i sit in these seats my back feels great.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2014, 11:22 PM   #25
10psi aint enough...

If you can get it for $675 then go ahead. Just stitch the area and enjoy for awhile. If you dont like it then sell them. Recaros are one of the comfy nicest seats around.
Edit my post, didnt read the part about the rails and sliders included.

When I got mine, I was smiling from ear to ear on the way home. Fell in love with jdm srds since 2002, got mine in 2008. Waited for the minty red ones.

Good luck with the purchase!
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: