REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:04 PM   #26
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
I used to go to NCIX back when the only options in Vancouver for brick-and-mortar computer store was Anitec, A-power, and NCIX.

To be honest, in terms of customer service Memory Express blows NCIX away. I went into NCIX looking for a crossfire cable, one person I talked to didn't even know what it was. Talked to a Memory Express dude on the phone and he searched their entire inventory for me, and when he couldn't find it, he asked what motherboard I had and even researched that to see if I even needed a crossfire cable.

Another time I needed a printer, not really caring I just walked into Memory Express and picked one I liked. As I'm checking out the dude takes a few minutes to research if Memory Express has the best price -- they didn't so he price matched and beat their cheapest competitor by 10% of the difference (or whatever it is) -- without me even asking. That's customer service IMO.

Oh, not to mention every single NCIX location has shit parking that's either pay parking, or inside a mall where the signs aren't even in english (i.e. Aberdeen -- Either park underground there, or park on the street and pay)
Advertisement
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #27
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I've had personal and work computers built by NCIX and never had a issue with their customer support or workmanship, in fact all the components for my computers were deeply discounted and no other competitor could come close to the prices NCIX offered so my experience with NCIX has been very positive.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #28
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Never deal with Kenny at NCIX Aberdeen. That guy's a complete ass.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #29
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
I recall going to the Burnaby store a while back to pick up a wireless mouse I had ordered online. I got to the store after the confirmation e-mail, only for them to give me the wrong one. I asked for them to give me the correct one.

You know what they made me do?

They insisted I return the mouse and order it again with one of their computers.

x100000000

I got my refund and left and went back to a wired mouse. Fucking wireless is so uncool anyway.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
I've had personal and work computers built by NCIX and never had a issue with their customer support or workmanship, in fact all the components for my computers were deeply discounted and no other competitor could come close to the prices NCIX offered so my experience with NCIX has been very positive.
from the sounds of it, it looks like you've dealt with someone at their corporate office. i personally haven't been buying at their retail location since a friend works at corporate and gets me stuff at near cost prices
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #31
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I was once molested at the Aberdeen NCIX.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
ME is amazing. I wanted the no name aux cable compared to the branded price. Guy searched the back room for 10 minutes and came out empty handed. Gave me 30% discount on the branded version.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #33
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
I've always had great service at NCIX (never dealt with richmond though)

I however had atrocious service @ memoryexpress richmond though from selling me a defective mb, neglecting to keep me informed, and straight up lying so I've never given them my business again.

maybe its a Richmond thing

prior to that bad experience though i had great service it all depends on who you deal with specifically

anyway i know how angry you must be over ncix best thing to do is just go up the chain and complain as has already been suggested
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #34
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
only gripe with NCIX is their rigid pricematching policy and their restock always seems to take weeks, if not months. Obvs not always their fault but it just seems unbearably long when compared to its competitiors

Memory Express would be perfect if they had better selection...their CS is clearly miles ahead of NCIX. Would also be nice if they finally open shop in Vancouver/Bby

all in all i'd say NCIX is pretty decent for a Canadian retailer
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

NCIX is horrible.. Last time I tried shopping with them I called in for a price check/match. The manager said he would be able to match it, so I drove to the Richmond location to pick up a few things. Once I got there they denied me and wouldn't give me the discount because its to "low"... I was so choked. (An yes the manager I TALKED to was there!)

I'v been going to Memory Express for the past 2 years. They know how to run a business. GREAT customer service and they follow through with what they say. Honestly, they are one of the few companies that has won my customer loyalty. I'm willing to spend a bit more if it means not buying it from NCIX. (But ill never have to since they ALWAYS price beat)
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #36
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Call me a fanboi but I've been buying PC components for 15+ years and NCIX is fine in my books. I'll take the spotty CS for the money I've saved buying from them compared to what you used to have to pay for components.
EuterVanWasser is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts

I just finished building a new video rendering machine for work

NCIX Broadway location has always been A+ 10/10 top notch. The manager even let me buy an old MX518 demo mouse they had left over. Mint condition vintage gaming mouse, one of the best mice ever made.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
G
Old 03-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
bought my parts from NCIX in aberdeen. built it. SSD was fucked. went right back and they did the test on the spot and replaced one for me. no hassle.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #39
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Recently bought a mouse from NCIX aberdeen. Waited nearly a month.
korroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #40
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
memory express service is A HUNDRED TIMES better than NCIX, i buy everything from ME, only problem is alot of the time they don't have stock

for those who go to NCIX for the "better prices" why not try price match at ME?
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #41
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

For those who had positive experience with NCIX, where was its location? I feel a part of it has to do more with a certain location, not NCIX as a whole.
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #42
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
I buy all of my computer stuff from ME now. They usually have the highest price but that's a good thing, since you can price match it and it becomes lower than the competitors. If it's "under-priced" they'll still honor it, while NCIX will just make an excuse saying it's under-priced and deny the PM.

Great CS and great prices(especially with PM). A++++ 10/10 for Memory Express AND no restocking fee!
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #43
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Aberdeen NCIX FTW

only cause I rather go to that location so I can hit up the food court afterwards
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #44
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Never had a problem with the countless times I've been to NCIX. Mostly Langley location though. Have been to the Broadway location a few times with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #45
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Whenever I go into the Coquitlam store I never get helped.

You all know why.
jakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #46
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,016 Posts
I think with these stores, you will always get the best service when you get into good terms with one or two of the sales people.

I've never had any problems with NCIX service, I've been buying from them for the last 10 years. But I do agree their price-match kind of sucks.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #47
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I used to shop at ncix because it was the only place I could find with good inventory and price.

Their service is fucking horse shit. Let me rephrase that. Their after service is horse shit.
I went into ncix knowing what I needed, some type of ram. The sales associate wasted my time and told me to get this ram because its better blah blah. I listened to him and made the purchase. I went home low and behold it didn't work because the voltage was off or something.

I went back to EXCHANGE, not a return and they passed me on to a technician and long story short they will charge me a 15% restocking fee because their sales associate sold me a wrong product.

I returned entire thing and wanted 100% refund, after argueing for a while they gave it to me. I have to mention the whole time I was not being a prick or douche, I was extremely nice.

I have not shopped at NCIX since.

I recently had to build a new computer and I researched what I needed and called Memory Express because their good reviews. Let me saw from start to finish and after service the level they offer is a+++++.

I gave them the list they found the lowest price for me over the phone and had everything on hold. Saved me a lot of money and time. The only problem I had was they didn't sell me more shit. I forgot a few things they could of mentioned.
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #48
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I've been a customer of Memory Express since around 1996 or so when they were based out of a small closet/office in Calgary. They've always been really really good for customer service. Their stock is smaller than NCIX's, but they generally have all the important/popular things that most people would want, and they are more than willing to do special orders as well.

Also, they have the best price matching policy around. I've seen (and gotten) price matches on items when they probably lost money on the sale because the price match was so freaking huge, but they did it anyway. As far as I can tell, they value their customers' loyalty more than the few extra bucks they'd make from higher prices or a more stringent price match policy.
Majestic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #49
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

If a customer purchases a product which happens to be faulty, it should not be the customer who has to go through their ridiculous RMA process. Instead, they should just replace it with a working one, and have themselves deal with the faulty product. THATS customer service. NCIX fail.
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #50
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
Used to shop at NCIX until I had to buy something at ME because NCIX was out of stock. Never switched back since
Fappin is offline   Reply With Quote