REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Rant about NCIX service at aberdeen (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693930-rant-about-ncix-service-aberdeen.html)

i-vtecyo 03-28-2014 03:24 PM

Rant about NCIX service at aberdeen

Just need to get this off my chest. So here it goes.. Feel free to state any opinion, questions or if something doesn't make sense, I can clarify.

My girlfriend bought me a Ducky Shine 3 DK 9008 keyboard on December 14th 2013 as a Christmas present; however two months later there was a mechanical failure with the space bar LED. Knowing NCIX warranty ends after 30 days of electronic purchase, I still had 10 months warranty left with the manufacture. I left Ducky Channel in Taiwan an email and they told me to drop it off at NCIX and that they will send it to their RMA in California. So on Feb 7th, 2014, I dropped the keyboard off and waited patiently.

One month and 26 days later and there was still no reply, so I emailed Ducky Channel again. They informed me that after RMA receives the keyboard, they usually send it back in less than a week, so the next morning I called NCIX and they told me they have not received any updates from the RMA. To clear things up, I visited the NCIX located in Aberdeen and requested to see a manager. A service technician who went by Yui told me that the manager has left for the day. However, right before I was about to leave a sales associate told me that the manager was actually in. This was definitely poor customer service on the part of the service technician. I finally spoke with the manager, yet it didn’t seem like I accomplished anything, so I went home.

The next step I took was to directly contact the Ducky Channel RMA repair center located in the U.S. I called the technician this morning (March 28th, 2014) and he confirmed that he received the keyboard on Feb. 11th, 2014; however he also confirmed that NCIX received the keyboard back and signed for it on February 18, 2014. After my phone call with the RMA, I called NCIX and spoke with Yui again; however he claims that NCIX HQ received the keyboard THIS MORNING and that I will have it back by Monday afternoon. I requested to speak with a manager, but again giving me the “screw off attitude”, he said it’s pointless because it’s up to NCIX HQ to plan some sort of compensation which later I learned was false. After a few hours, I couldn’t sit around anymore and decided to call NCIX HQ to check the status of my repair item. After giving them my RMA number, the keyboard SHOULD be at Aberdeen.

With my girlfriend’s $149.99 keyboard held in their possession for a month and a half and without my Christmas present AKA my keyboard for about two months, I’m sure you can tell how frustrating this is for me and my girlfriend. As far as warranty goes, Yui keep giving me the run around saying he will email NCIX HQ and discuss about some sort of compensation, however I can guarantee that Ducky channel isn’t going to extend or pro rate my warranty from NCIX's careless and lack of service. Till this moment I am still waiting for a call back from NCIX with some sort of settlement.

trollface 03-28-2014 03:33 PM

I can't offer any specific advice for NCIX. When I had a bone to pick with Cowell VW, I just kept notes of who I talked to , when, what they said, and when promises were broken, I kept going up in management. You'll eventually find someone that will give a shit. Do some Googleing for head office numbers. Keep your cool and keep going up. Don't be greedy, but ask for what you think you deserve.

Also, paragraphs! No one is going to read that wall of fuck.

Harvey Specter 03-28-2014 03:43 PM

http://purduecco.files.wordpress.com...-paragraph.gif

ree666 03-28-2014 03:43 PM

i-vtecyo 03-28-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Disick (Post 8445596)

:badpokerface:
Sry about that lol

freakshow 03-28-2014 03:50 PM

With Memory Express's price beat, and, IMO, better customer service, I've seldom had a reason to go back to NCIX. Occasionally they stock a product that ME doesn't, but that isn't very often for me.

haymura 03-28-2014 04:08 PM

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_.../IMG_0057s.jpg

how can you get mad at that?:lawl:

ImpactZ 03-28-2014 04:10 PM

NEVER go to NCIX. I've learned the hard way as well.

Horrible customer service especially with faulty products. I was in a similiar situation as OP

-Graphic card was faulty
-Tech held the card saying it was going through RMA but to find out he never actually send it off, but held it at the store because he believed i cause the problem
-Told me to contact supplier myself if i want to do something about it.

I have boycotted NCIX since.

i-vtecyo 03-28-2014 04:18 PM

Just received an update from NCIX Support.

Dated Mar 28, 2014 at 05:13 PM composed by Ncix Support
Hi Raymond,

Thank you for calling us regarding your concern, I have been notified that your keyboard is with us and we'll be trying to transfer it over to aberdeen as soon as possible and they will call you when it's ready for pickup. Yu Li should also be calling you as well and updating you regarding your situation.

Verdasco 03-28-2014 04:23 PM

so you post online forums to get what you want ? :lawl:

nice tits + scarf tho

Xu.Vi 03-28-2014 04:26 PM

Bought a headset from them and 2 days after, the left side was faulty. Brought it in and only after long argument of them forcing me to RMA it, they decided to give me a new one ONLY under the circumstance that the new set wont be under the NCIX 30 day warranty.

thumper 03-28-2014 04:47 PM

is this just the aberdeen store? i've dealt with both the vancouver and burnaby locations and haven't had any issues...

Purely 03-28-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow (Post 8445601)
With Memory Express's price beat, and, IMO, better customer service, I've seldom had a reason to go back to NCIX. Occasionally they stock a product that ME doesn't, but that isn't very often for me.

Also NCIX charges a "15% restocking fee" while Memory Express doesn't.

I returned faulty 5.1 speakers at Memory Express with the box, shrink wraps, etc, ripped/bad condition, and was still able to get full refund without a hassle.

Great68 03-28-2014 05:07 PM

I have bought thousands of dollars of product from NCIX over the years, and have never once had a bad experience.

One thanksgiving weekend when I was on the mainland and had an order to pick up at the Kingsway store but couldn't through no fault of theirs (because some stupid woman drove into the power pole behind their building), they shipped it over to me on the Island free of charge.

Just wanted to throw a good experience with them out there. I'm sure many others agree.

OGCStrike 03-28-2014 05:07 PM

bought headphones online from ncix , turns out the left side didnt work. brought it back to coq store and the exchanged it for a new one with no hassles whatsover.

i-vtecyo 03-28-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 8445628)
is this just the aberdeen store? i've dealt with both the vancouver and burnaby locations and haven't had any issues...

from my experience yes, but i would like to hear which stores other customers or RS'ers had negative experiences with as well.

KingKaze 03-28-2014 05:23 PM

The only thing Memory Express is good for is price matching them with NCIX for that discount.:thumbs:

kkthind 03-28-2014 05:36 PM

My laptop was not working properly after I bought it, went back two weeks after, they said we will try to fix it, weren't able to fix it, so they gave me a new laptop :fullofwin:
Posted via RS Mobile

godwin 03-28-2014 05:43 PM

Never had a problem, but I have been dealing with NCIX since Steve was working at Frontier more than 20 years ago.

i-vtecyo 03-28-2014 05:46 PM

Meh, heres a final update. I know i shouldnt have proposed two options but i specifically said "to my preference" depending on what i would want to do..

So I talked to Yui who's actually spelt Yu Li, and he said to compensate for the unnecessary warranty time I've lost during the repair for my keyboard, would be an extended warranty. Frankly, I believe the option for extended warranty shouldn't have even been a question. It is the fact that I've wasted so much time trying to locate the keyboard when it is not even my job and the stress plus lack of customer service I've dealt with. Worst of all, Yu Li wouldn't put the store manager on the phone even after several request.. So I proposed two types of settlement TO MY preference. 1) Full refund 2) Exchange with a renewal of both manufacture & NCIX warranty. Eventually, Yu Li placed me on hold and spoke with the manager. They're agreement was an in-store credit. Knowing their lack of customer service and them narrowing down MY two options to one, I've accepted and will be picking up another keyboard tonight with my in store credit. My overall experience with NCIX was unpleasant and I do hope that in the near future, Yu Li's customer service will improve.

Jmac 03-28-2014 05:47 PM

I never really had much of an issue with NCIX on Kingsway in Burnaby when I took shit in with issues (mainly piece of shit OCZ memory, which prompted me to stop buying that shit).

I haven't dealt with them since I moved out of the lower mainland in 2010, though.

Hondaracer 03-28-2014 05:56 PM

bought 15+ computers from NCIX, never had a problem once

i-vtecyo 03-28-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8445662)
bought 15+ computers from NCIX, never had a problem once

wow, from which NCIX was this?

Hondaracer 03-28-2014 06:01 PM

mostly langley

any issues i've ever had were resolved quickly, and most of my gripes were with things not in stock etc. but other than that, it's been very smooth

punkwax 03-28-2014 06:02 PM

With RMA, NCIX should have been able to do an over-the-counter exchange unless its manufacturer policy to inspect first. In that case, 4-6 week turnaround sadly isn't uncommon. Reason for extra delay could be that NCIX waits for x amount of product before paying to ship returns... not sure this is the case, but hopefully the info helps.