REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Male Yeast Infection

WTF you say.. Males can't get a yeast infections but yes they can...

So I have been tested for everything the last two year's and come up clean every time, I have been getting this annoying rash that just in plain honesty pisses me off and scares me. So doing some research on my own I have come to a conclusion that in fact I have a penile yeast infection for the past 2 1/2 fucken years that I got from my ex.

Now the question I have is has anyone dealt with this before? Can I just got and get a canesten the women use that comes with a oral pill and a cream or should I go to a walk in clinic since I don't have a doc and be someone shy having some random doc look at my junk?

From my understanding this is very common and if it doesn't get treated you will just give it back to each other until the end of time. Also by posting this up here hopefully this might help someone else who has been going through the same issue I have and has been too embarrassed to get it looked at..

murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Do you smell raunchy?
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

a little odor time to time but nothing really alarming and I wash if there is, I've always been very concerned about my hygiene but it's just a annoying ass itchy feeling around the edge of the head and where the shaft meets it.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by murd0c; 03-28-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Why oh why did i open this thread.
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
have you seen a doctor to prescribe you with anti fungals? The problem is when you get tested, they don't test for yeast infections (at least I don't think they do). I haven't had it... knock on wood.... and it isn't very common. I think the common things to get rid of fungal infections is to keep the area dry. You should get it tested to make sure it is a fungus and not a skin issue like eczema.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
something i found via google, that you may have already read:

DO-IT-YOURSELF TREATMENTS

Akbar A while ago, i received an email from a gentleman who, on the advice of a doctor, had tried using an over-the-counter vaginal cream (Monistat) to treat his penile yeast infection. I guess he just rubbed the stuff on the outside of his penis. Anyway, he said that it didn't work at all until he added a few drops of white vinegar to it to a small blob of cream, and then it worked overnight.

He also warned against applying straight vinegar, which he said "eats right through the skin". 'Nuff said.

Since posting that suggestion, I've received quite a few emails from people whose doctors have recommended applying Monistat directly to the surface of the penis to cure yeast infections. Most say it works fine. So hey, I guess you can go ahead and try it, and if it doesn't start to work in a day or two, try adding a little vinegar. What do you have to lose? (Okay, maybe it could fall off.)

PRESCRIPTION TREATMENTS

Jeff The only tried-and-true method of treating a penile yeast infection is to blast those yeasties with prescription drugs that are ingested systemically and probably have side-effects. Furthermore, procuring such drugs will almost always involve a trip to the doctor. Take heart, though, that your man almost certainly won't be subjected to stirrups and speculums. There are two drugs commonly used to treat penile yeast infections:

Diflucan (fluconazole) which has the advantage of being broad spectrum, so it will kill other species of Candida and some other fungi, but the disadvantage that apparently allergies to it are not uncommon.

Nizoral (ketaconazole) is apparently really broad spectrum, powerfully evil stuff, and kills everything. It can also trash your liver, and reduces the adrenals' ability to make steroids, like testosterone.

Lol at the nizoral.. you could put the shampoo on your penor for a few minutes and wash away.... see if that works... do it for a few days? I am no doctor so it's only a suggestion. Since it is safe on your head, I don't see it being all that bad anywhere else in your body... But you are probably better off just using the Monastat
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
haha owned
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
something i found via google, that you may have already read:

DO-IT-YOURSELF TREATMENTS

Akbar A while ago, i received an email from a gentleman who, on the advice of a doctor, had tried using an over-the-counter vaginal cream (Monistat) to treat his penile yeast infection. I guess he just rubbed the stuff on the outside of his penis. Anyway, he said that it didn't work at all until he added a few drops of white vinegar to it to a small blob of cream, and then it worked overnight.

He also warned against applying straight vinegar, which he said "eats right through the skin". 'Nuff said.

Since posting that suggestion, I've received quite a few emails from people whose doctors have recommended applying Monistat directly to the surface of the penis to cure yeast infections. Most say it works fine. So hey, I guess you can go ahead and try it, and if it doesn't start to work in a day or two, try adding a little vinegar. What do you have to lose? (Okay, maybe it could fall off.)

PRESCRIPTION TREATMENTS

Jeff The only tried-and-true method of treating a penile yeast infection is to blast those yeasties with prescription drugs that are ingested systemically and probably have side-effects. Furthermore, procuring such drugs will almost always involve a trip to the doctor. Take heart, though, that your man almost certainly won't be subjected to stirrups and speculums. There are two drugs commonly used to treat penile yeast infections:

Diflucan (fluconazole) which has the advantage of being broad spectrum, so it will kill other species of Candida and some other fungi, but the disadvantage that apparently allergies to it are not uncommon.

Nizoral (ketaconazole) is apparently really broad spectrum, powerfully evil stuff, and kills everything. It can also trash your liver, and reduces the adrenals' ability to make steroids, like testosterone.

Lol at the nizoral.. you could put the shampoo on your penor for a few minutes and wash away.... see if that works... do it for a few days? I am no doctor so it's only a suggestion. Since it is safe on your head, I don't see it being all that bad anywhere else in your body... But you are probably better off just using the Monastat
I've read that stuff of course but would rather hear from someone that has actually had to deal with it since I never trust the internet, I have tried the soap and shampoo thing but doesnt last gone. I'm going to go to the docs so there is less to worry about in the future
Old 03-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #9
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Yeah, go see a doc. I get them from once every few years under one or both armpits. Quick blast of pills and a prescription anti-fungal cream and good to go. It's been a few years since the last time so I don't remember what I was taking specifically. Sorry.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #10

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
WTF you say.. Males can't get a yeast infections but yes they can...

So I have been tested for everything the last two year's and come up clean every time, I have been getting this annoying rash that just in plain honesty pisses me off and scares me. So doing some research on my own I have come to a conclusion that in fact I have a penile yeast infection for the past 2 1/2 fucken years that I got from my ex.

Now the question I have is has anyone dealt with this before? Can I just got and get a canesten the women use that comes with a oral pill and a cream or should I go to a walk in clinic since I don't have a doc and be someone shy having some random doc look at my junk?

From my understanding this is very common and if it doesn't get treated you will just give it back to each other until the end of time. Also by posting this up here hopefully this might help someone else who has been going through the same issue I have and has been too embarrassed to get it looked at..
So nobody told you you have yeast infection, you just tied all the symptoms to what you know?

Go to a youth clinic in vancouver, they are common for youth testing for std/sti.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #11
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Moved to Relationship & Gender discussion.. for future reference, STD talk should go there (because NSFW)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #12
In RS I Trust

WOW thats kinda crazy that a simple discussion like this is considered NSFW now...

Correct I tied the symtons together since I remember my ex had a yeast infection and since I took a full blood and urine test and came out 100% clean
Old 03-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #13

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
WOW thats kinda crazy that a simple discussion like this is considered NSFW now...

Correct I tied the symtons together since I remember my ex had a yeast infection and since I took a full blood and urine test and came out 100% clean
Go get it checked at a youth clinic. Don't go to your family doctor IMO, because I think put their full effort into this type of stuff (at least not mine).
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #14
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Care Point clinics are around town and I've used them before. Nothing like this though. If you don't have a doctor, you can to go one and ask for a male doctor or female doctor, whichever you feel more comfortable with cuz they have both.
Posted via RS Mobile
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #15
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Lay off grains in your diet.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #16
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:

only because google is acting like your typical over-conservative grandmother..

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #17
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

plain yogurt topically or apple cider vinegar directly on the affected area. yeast infections are more common for both men and women than you would think. for women i think its more directly linked to their hormones and how it affects their body, and most of the time has nothing to do with it being sexually transmitted (but it does happen). people with common sense usually dont interact in sexual activities when they know they are possibly having this issue and doctors do recommend to dumber people to avoid it. you can use white vinegar but mix it equal parts with water (this method is not meant for wimps).

keep in mind yeast is a bacteria so it can grow moreso in damp areas, guys who play lots of sports can be afflicted with it as well. yogurt has the good bacteria like in your lower digestive tract thats why it helps cure flare ups also eating probiotics regularly can keep your bacteria levels evened out.

awkward question: are you circumsized or no? you dont have to answer that but if you arent and the rash is in an area thats.....how you would say covered when the lil fella is "resting"....then try baby powder to avoid dampness and increase your hygiene like carrying around some baby wipes or something and waving it around to be as dry as possible before his hat goes back on.
[19-07, 22:39] dinosaur i have felt up ri2 before

Last edited by Ri2; 04-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #18
VLS Head Mod

Weird yes but men do get it. If the woman has it, it can be transferred during sex, so abstain if you know woman has it or cover it up

Luckily it's treatable but i suggest going to walk in clinic or doctor. Even for women, unless you're 100% you should see doctor to confirm.

Men that are uncircumcised, make sure you are 100% washing as this can cause women to get it too; even if they don't have it
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #19
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

If you really don't want to go to the doc's unless its last resort. Use the canesten pill.
I have used it before and it works.
But if it doesn't go away in a week. GO TO THE DOC'S!

go fuck her brains out, shoot all in her mouth, and leave
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=526766
nosleepboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #20
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleepboy87 View Post
If you really don't want to go to the doc's unless its last resort. Use the canesten pill.
I have used it before and it works.
But if it doesn't go away in a week. GO TO THE DOC'S!
That's actually what I did and used the cream as well and it worked perfectly. If it comes back again I will hit up the doc but thankfully that fixed it for the time being.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #21
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
My ex also gave me a yeast infection a few years back...for the longest time, I thought it was herpes
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote