REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 03-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,010 Posts
Some Dog Owners

Sorry guys, I just needed rant as my buddy and I are both pretty pissed off.

Yesterday night I was driving my buddy home along Imperial when we spotted a brown poodle puppy just running around on the sidewalk with no owner in sight. We didn't think much of it until it ran ON TO THE ROAD!!!

We immediately pulled over to try and corral the thing back on to the side walk. The dog had no collar and no leash, was super jumpy and ran all over the place crossing Imperial 3-4 times. After 5 mins of running around it eventually ran into a house 3-4 lots down the street, when we got there we saw a man pick up the dog and walk into the house.

We were completely livid in how such a irresponsible person thought a puppy was a good idea, let alone letting it run off into the street at night with no supervision. At no point during that time did the owner come running for his dog.

We aren't dog owners, but my girlfriend does have a bichon frise, and we were pretty disgusted at that guy. We proceeded to complain loudly the rest of the way home.

Just needed to get it out.
/rant
Advertisement
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

You can try reporting the homeowner to animal control.
I encountered a similar incident last summer driving south on Argyle as I approached 57th to turn right, I saw all traffic was stopped for some reason, so I slowed down and I see this French Bull Dog walking up Argyle on the road against the flow of traffic. I ended up pulling over and calling the dog over. It was really friendly and let me pick him up. I put in the back of my car and called animal control. They sent someone to meet up with me and I handed the dog over. The animal control officer said that she thought she recognized this dog from a similar incident before. I can't remember if she said if anything could be done or not.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Good on you for trying to corral the dog.
Who knows if it would have gotten hit by a car? Obviously the owner did not care enough to take the dog out themselves.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

dog owner here. yea that sucks but sometimes a dog can sneak out shady styles. it happens. don't always assume that the owner is some sort of irresponsible asshole.

dogs are pretty crafty bastards too. if i was a neighbour and i saw this happen more then once then i would be very concerned.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
This happened to me once, my dog pulled a right hook blitz out the front door when i went to get mail and its hard to catch them especially because my dog thought i was playing with him. When you start chasing after him, he runs further like a game of tag.

We ran for about a block down from the house and this lady started giving me shit after i asked her to try and help me stop him and instead give me the ol , "why dont you put a leash on that fucking thing. " Im like ... go fuck yourself you rude cunt.

And finally another dog owner was luckily close by and saw what happened and lured my dog with treats. But it was a terrifying experience because he would run across a busy road and i was getting some heart attacks. SAD DAY IS SAD.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Reminds me of 2 New Years ago at in the middle of the night I'm driving home from a friends place and we see a giant black dog walking back and forth on willingdon... I get out of the car to find it with no collar or tags. It looks friendly, but when I approach it the dog barks at me. This dog is huge. I'm 6' and 205 lbs and this dog is bigger than me.

So we call up our friend who is a dog trainer. She brings her dog to help calm down this lost beast of a dog. We get it back to her place and put it in a kennel until she takes it in when spca or whatever is open. The lost dog was apparently crazy but did obey commands like sit.

Next time I'm just going to get a rope and tie whatever dog i find to a tree so no one runs it over.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post

Next time I'm just going to get a rope and tie whatever dog i find to a tree so no one runs it over.
Send dog to spca, tie owner to a tree

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2014, 11:58 PM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
dog owner here. yea that sucks but sometimes a dog can sneak out shady styles. it happens. don't always assume that the owner is some sort of irresponsible asshole.

dogs are pretty crafty bastards too. if i was a neighbour and i saw this happen more then once then i would be very concerned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
This happened to me once, my dog pulled a right hook blitz out the front door when i went to get mail and its hard to catch them especially because my dog thought i was playing with him. When you start chasing after him, he runs further like a game of tag.

We ran for about a block down from the house and this lady started giving me shit after i asked her to try and help me stop him and instead give me the ol , "why dont you put a leash on that fucking thing. " Im like ... go fuck yourself you rude cunt.

And finally another dog owner was luckily close by and saw what happened and lured my dog with treats. But it was a terrifying experience because he would run across a busy road and i was getting some heart attacks. SAD DAY IS SAD.
I can understand if the dog blitzed out under you, but you would know if it ran out like that cause you are the one that opened the door and you would be chasing after it.

The poodle did think we were playing with it, and it was too bad that I didn't have any dog treats with me. I sometimes do because of my gf's dog.

I drive along that stretch of Imperial everyday as its on the way between my place and my parents place. I end up paying extra attention everytime I drive along there because of that poodle.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:13 AM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
Send dog to spca, tie owner to a tree
Yeah... apparently spca isn't open at 1:00 am on new years eve and I don't want to risk getting mauled to death by a bear of a dog for a second time time.

Last edited by Matlock; 03-31-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote