REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Ticket from 2006 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693947-ticket-2006-a.html)

Energy 03-29-2014 08:27 AM

Ticket from 2006

My mom got a ticket in 2006 for not wearing a seatbelt. She never paid, doesn't drive, will never get a driver's license, and is only in Canada once a year to visit.

I started getting mail from ICBC saying that her account is overdue. If we never pay the ticket will this affect her in some way other than not being able to get a driver's license?

v_tec 03-29-2014 11:06 AM

You committed an offence. Just pay up dude.
Just cause you're not a 'permanent' resident of the country, doesn't mean you're excused from the law :fulloffuck:

...and :derp:
Quote:

School
UBC Law
Vehicle
E92 335i, W212 E550

knight604 03-29-2014 11:08 AM

If she tries to get a drivers license, it will come up and you will have to pay before they let you have one i believe.

v_tec 03-29-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight604 (Post 8445999)
If she tries to get a drivers license, it will come up and you will have to pay before they let you have one i believe.

Did you not read OP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 8445958)
She never paid, doesn't drive, will never get a driver's license, and is only in Canada once a year to visit.

knight604 03-29-2014 11:25 AM

just saying lol

Hot Karl 03-29-2014 11:56 AM

Asian much?
Posted via RS Mobile

Energy 03-29-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_tec (Post 8445998)
You committed an offence. Just pay up dude.
Just cause you're not a 'permanent' resident of the country, doesn't mean you're excused from the law :fulloffuck:

...and :derp:

No, she is not excused from the law. But if the only consequence of not paying is that she won't be able to get a driver's license then there really is no incentive to pay. And that is not our fault but the fault of the people that come up with the laws.

If there were other consequences then we would pay ASAP.

Hot Karl 03-29-2014 12:23 PM

the why are you even starting this thread? she has no intention of paying and clearly doesn't care.

so fuck off. ASAP.

Energy 03-29-2014 12:28 PM

I asked the question because I wanted to know if anything else could happen aside from her not being able to get a license. That's it. No reason for you to get upset. If you do not have information that I do not already know, kindly move on.

Hot Karl 03-29-2014 01:02 PM

it's called google. you're apparently a law student. this thread is a fucking circle jerk of bullshit and i'm calling you out on it.

Gh0stRider 03-29-2014 01:07 PM

:Popcorn

Brad Fuel 03-29-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 8446023)
No, she is not excused from the law. But if the only consequence of not paying is that she won't be able to get a driver's license then there really is no incentive to pay. And that is not our fault but the fault of the people that come up with the laws.

If there were other consequences then we would pay ASAP.

Defence lawyer talking right there. Any excuse to avoid punishment.

Spidey 03-29-2014 01:35 PM

So OP and OP's mother have no morals. OP will be a good defense lawyer!

OP, did your mom ever hold a BCDL? Was she the driver when she was ticketed, or the passenger? If she was the driver, was she holding a foreign DL?

I wonder if ICBC could technically summon a family member of your mom to pay up or the same penalty would apply to you, your dad, or any siblings in the household. But I guess that is a lot of resources and time just for a 100 something dollar ticket, which would have been 25 dollars less if paid within 30 days.

Brianrietta 03-29-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 8446023)
But if the only consequence of not paying is that she won't be able to get a driver's license then there really is no incentive to pay // If there were other consequences then we would pay ASAP.

How about the consequence of her then continuing to believe there is no reason to wear or consequence of not using a seatbelt, and gets in a car accident next time she's here? Make her pay the fucking fine, and make her use a seatbelt so that the next accident I'm at there isn't a dumb fucking reason like not wearing a seatbelt for having a gruesome fatality there.

320icar 03-29-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Karl (Post 8446035)
the why are you even starting this thread? she has no intention of paying and clearly doesn't care.

so fuck off. ASAP.

Thissssssss
Posted via RS Mobile

Fafine 03-29-2014 02:24 PM

bmw very safe la

T4RAWR 03-29-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Karl (Post 8446051)
it's called google. you're apparently a law student. this thread is a fucking circle jerk of bullshit and i'm calling you out on it.

to be honest, being a law student doesn't mean shit. i see students come in and out of court all day long who dont have a fucking clue what they're doing.

:concentrate:

twitchyzero 03-29-2014 06:01 PM

i think it's comical OP is asking about a ticket from 8 years ago...esp from someone about to practice law

not buckling up only puts oneself at risk...not the general public
a gruesome scene is not a valid excuse to rant :toot:

Spidey 03-29-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianrietta (Post 8446094)
How about the consequence of her then continuing to believe there is no reason to wear or consequence of not using a seatbelt, and gets in a car accident next time she's here? Make her pay the fucking fine, and make her use a seatbelt so that the next accident I'm at there isn't a dumb fucking reason like not wearing a seatbelt for having a gruesome fatality there.

people who don't wear seatbelts are only hurting themselves. probably will cause PTSD for a witness or another driver who sees them being propelled through the windshield, but it is the person not wearing the seatbelt that will be dead and/or crippled.

ninjatune 03-29-2014 07:49 PM

I thought this stuff eventually went onto property taxes??

murd0c 04-10-2014 03:05 PM

wouldn't the statue of limitations apply with this ticket as well?

Energy 04-10-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8446188)
to be honest, being a law student doesn't mean shit. i see students come in and out of court all day long who dont have a fucking clue what they're doing.

:concentrate:

It might be their first time, give them a break. Its not easy and students will learn fast enough. You have to start from somewhere after all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8446202)
i think it's comical OP is asking about a ticket from 8 years ago...esp from someone about to practice law

not buckling up only puts oneself at risk...not the general public
a gruesome scene is not a valid excuse to rant :toot:

My mom learnt her lesson, she always buckles up now and we remind her to if she doesn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatune (Post 8446251)
I thought this stuff eventually went onto property taxes??

Apparently not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8453143)

Apparently not either.

320icar 04-10-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8453143)

No, te statute of limitations is for crimes that may have been committed that you weren't caught on ( or proven) but in this case she was ticketed, and just decided she's a horrible human being and didnt pay the ticket lolz
Posted via RS Mobile

Gamed 04-10-2014 07:09 PM

Until Canada adopt rules like in the States, where a Unpaid Speeding ticket could get you in Jail. Safest bet, just pay it off... and no more worries

dared3vil0 04-10-2014 11:18 PM

Tell the cheap...lady... to pay her fucking tickets.