REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
no, i think it depends on the person health and diet.
try bathing in oatmeal, it helps!

ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #52
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Go buy some 0.5% hydro-cortisone cream from a pharmacy
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #53
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
^ this does the trick for me.

Stress will also cause my eczema to flare up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #54
retired

Have you guys tried the new Polysporin Eczema bodywash and cream? I noticed my skin clearing up after using this for a few weeks.

My doctor also prescribed a different cream (cant remember off the top of my head, will check when I get home) and it has been working nicely.

My flare ups were getting pretty severe this summer, and it has finally gone down.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #55
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Are any of you guys allergic to raw apples, pears and stuff?
axxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:27 AM   #56
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
This cream + pine tar soap saved me from eczema (Psoriasis?).

http://www.homemadesoapandbodyproduc...-tar-soap/c2bs

I highly recommend for you guys to try

Ling Ling Wei Fu dimensional skin cream 15 g / a dimensional skin Ling Jiangxi Baoen hall buy 5 to send 1 to buy 10 to send 3

Last edited by Mike Oxbig; 04-28-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #57
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axxess View Post
Are any of you guys allergic to raw apples, pears and stuff?
I hear it's the wax preservative they coat the skin in that makes you itch. I have no problems with skinned raw apples or pears.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:28 PM   #58
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
That second link doesn't work
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:33 PM   #59

dont know why the link doesnt work anymore. It was working this morning but its this

You can get it in chinatown but for $20

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...408858104.html

https://world.tmall.com/item/1966839..._1462174384330

维肤灵

Last edited by Mike Oxbig; 05-01-2016 at 11:36 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #60

My parents just told me about "trenev trio." It suppose to help with eczema, but the price of it is outstanding. I'm still trying to gather up information about it. Has anyone in here heard of this before.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #61

never heard of it but the cream i used above i am now healed. The first 3 months make sure you dont touch anything acidic (lime, ginger etc)
Old 05-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #62

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
I use to get pretty bad eczema/pompholyx on my hands. After years of doctor visits, medicine prescriptions etc I found out through trial and error I had a dairy allergy.

Basically whenever I consumed anything with dairy in it I'd get eczema. I cut it out of my diet and it literally went away.

Hope this helps someone. Try eliminating dairy from your diet. Check food labels for anything containing dairy. Drink a TON of water (i drink more than 4L a day). I didn't drink a lot of water back when I had eczema so that could also contribute to the problem.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:11 AM   #63
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Unfortunately, eczema has no cure. You can only manage the symptoms when it flares up and try to minimize the re occurrence of it by moisturizing. During flare-ups cortisone creams seems to be most effective but you shouldn't use it for prolong periods of time continuously due to side effects.
blaze142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #64

I am cured from eczema now. Except when i eat foods im allergic to.

After seeing chinese doctor for soaking hands in chinese medicine and reducing stress, I can say i am now cured from eczema.

stress/allergy are main reason. Try using this to wash your hands.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #65

Cant help but notice that during winter is when I break out... But I don't get much anymore, cant seem to know why and how I did it. It must all be tied down to stress.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #66
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
Cant help but notice that during winter is when I break out... But I don't get much anymore, cant seem to know why and how I did it. It must all be tied down to stress.
Cold air strips your skin of it's moisture, so fall and winter is generally when most people's eczema flares up big time. It's the same idea behind how most people with eczema tend to do much better in tropical humid locations, because there's more moisture in the air, so the skin doesn't naturally lose out as much moisture.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #67
I STILL don't get it

I'm pretty tired so I'll post in this thread more extensively when I have a bit more energy.

Eczema is linked most closely to diet. Try looking up leaky gut, diets that promote gut healing, probiotic rich foods. I've had it since I was a kid. I had to quit my job last year because of extensive health issues and my eczema is their worst it's ever been in my 28 years.

I eat a lot of sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, fermented foods. Kefir is good. My skin gets better when I cut out meat, dairy, carbs, sugar and processed foods. When I'm having a bad flare up I switch my diet completely to vegan whole foods. Doing cleanses can help rid your body of any buit up toxins.

Try being more mindful of the products you buy and put onto your body... your skin absorbs everything it comes into contact with. I use organic, plant based products as much as I can..even my shampoo/conditioner. If I have to use regular soap for dishwashing/cleaning, I use gloves. I use a vinegar/tea tree oil/water solution to clean my whole house. For laundry, I use soap for sensitive skin only.

Stop taking antibiotics. I find when I took antibiotics my eczema got worse...up to even a year or 2 later.

In terms of moisturizing, after you take a shower when your skin is still wet, use a mixture of glaxal base/Vaseline so it's a creamy consistency and smear it all over your body. Your body needs to be wet for it to be able to absorb the cream properly.

Be careful of using steroid cream (hydrocortisone etc). Your body can develop immunity, and you can experience steroid withdrawal which can make your whole body dry, crusty, Crack, weepy, flaky. Imagine the eczema you have now but amplified times 1000 on your whole body.

For my eczema I can't handle too dry or humid. I do better in Vegas weather for sure. California can be a hit or miss for me. Also it's the water you shower with. In Toronto I had a tough time after being there more than a week, mostly because of their water.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2017, 09:37 PM   #68

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
I couldn't control my eczema during my last few years of high school no matter what cream was prescribed to me by my family doctor, and despite going to a ton of chinese doctors that my mom wanted me to try. I did finally control it and almost seem to cure it through the Vancouver Skin Centre, which took about half a year for me to book an appointment for. It was definitely worth the wait, my eczema back then was horrible and everywhere.

You do get an immunity to steroid creams after using them for a while, but sometimes it can't be helped if the condition is bad (like mine). Definitely has to do with your diet, every time I eat anything really bad like chips or too much fried food my eczema flares up. I find that it also flares up during seasonal changes, both winter and summer. For me at least, excessive heat makes it worse. I've also heard that acne creams make your eczema worse, and vice versa.

I've tried a ton of different lotions, and this one (which was one of the many recommendations by the doctor) has worked the best consistently. Been using this for over 10 years now, it is a bit pricey though but well worth it depending on how bad your eczema is.

Can be found at Shoppers Drug Marts and London Drugs.

Although fried foods and whatnot are bad for eczema, I still eat them every now and then. Stress and lack of sleep also make it worse for you too, which sucks when you're in school.

Definitely water has something to do with it as well., and be glad that we're living in Vancouver lol. Everytime I travel anywhere (states, Toronto, Asia) my skin feels horrible.

If TLDR, here are the things that make my eczema worse:
-RANDOM CHINESE CREAMS (not all Chinese doctors are good...)
-Water
-Not putting on lotion regularly
-Scratching
-Stress
-Lack of sleep
-Sweat (and heat causing sweat)
-Not changing out your bedsheets/pillow cases often enough
-Dusty rooms
-Fried foods
-Some fruits (I've heard mangos were bad, can't really remember though)
-Alcohol
-Smoking

All that being said, I still play sports, work out, work on cars, eat bad food, drink, etc. All of it can be controlled with the right doctor, of course depending on your condition as well. You just kind of have to find the right balance of what you can/can't do.

Also, Polysporin eczema cream sucks. At least for me, I guess it might depend on the person.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #69
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

anyone have scalp eczema?
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #70
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
Yeah. Have you tried switching to plant based organic shampoo?
You can also do a scalp rinse with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.. dilute ratio 1:1 however strong you can take it.
My scalp gets really dry so sometimes I mix an sweet almond oil with tea tree oil and I apply to my scalp overnight.
I've also used Softee Coconut Oil from Superstore... but it's super hard to get out of long hair cuz it has the consistency of Vaseline.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2017, 11:02 PM   #71
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
Yeah. Have you tried switching to plant based organic shampoo?
You can also do a scalp rinse with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.. dilute ratio 1:1 however strong you can take it.
My scalp gets really dry so sometimes I mix an sweet almond oil with tea tree oil and I apply to my scalp overnight.
I've also used Softee Coconut Oil from Superstore... but it's super hard to get out of long hair cuz it has the consistency of Vaseline.
thanks, my gf has scalp eczema. She gets super self-conscious about it. I got her Cliniderm Shampoo and Conditioner but it doesnt work. What organic shampoo do you recommend?
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:28 PM   #72
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
thanks, my gf has scalp eczema. She gets super self-conscious about it. I got her Cliniderm Shampoo and Conditioner but it doesnt work. What organic shampoo do you recommend?
What she wants to stay away from is parabens, pthalates, sulfates, and SLS. Which is in most products sold.
Right now I'm using Live Clean Shampoo & Conditioner which is 98% plant derived.
She also doesn't need to use much.. maybe a dime sized amount of shampoo. Don't use conditioner as often, maybe once a week or second week is OK. I went thru a phase of only using conditioner for a couple months which helped but the dryness eventually came back.
I know it's hard but cutting down on washing hair helped me. Maybe once every other day is good for me now. I started doing every day last week cuz I was in LA and my scalp is a bit messed now. Also have her keep a journal of what she eats so she can track what makes her scalp more itchy? She could be having some sort of food sensitivity. Dairy, meat and sugars are huge ones for eczema.

And yeah its super difficult. My eczema gives me mad anxiety and I hate going in public during a flare up. The best you can do is be there for her, and help her remain positive. I dunno what I would do without my bf to help me thru my bad times.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #73

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
My eczema went to my scalp at one point, doctor prescribed a cream for it that helped it go away after a few weeks. Could suggest your gf to go to her family doctor along with MSREE's suggestions. Also tell her to try her best not to scratch and when drying/washing her hair, don't rub her scalp if she can help it.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #74
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Give Protopic a shot. It's a prescription cream and very expensive (about $87 for a 30g tube). But it works every time.
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote