REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   2007 Honda CBR600RR Stolen!!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694141-2007-honda-cbr600rr-stolen.html)

fliptuner 04-05-2014 09:55 PM

Was there a disc lock on it?

Sunfighter 04-05-2014 09:56 PM

Ohhhh. Something else interesting ... When they broke into the Range they went into the spare tire change kit .... The box that had the wheel locks also includes gloves from the factory to use when doing a wheel change. That's the gloves he is wearing.

I found the box with the wheel locks/keys on the ground and was so confused about why they took it out of the car. Then I read the contents and realize they took the gloves.
Posted via RS Mobile

Sunfighter 04-05-2014 09:57 PM

No disc lock. :(

In the winter the bike is on stands, under a cover and chained. I insured it and put it on the road two weeks ago. Yesterday was the first time I took it for a real ride.

I actually decided to buy disc locks after reading everybody here talking about them but they hadn't arrived ... :(
Posted via RS Mobile

evlee 04-05-2014 10:41 PM

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...4931504682.jpg
i dislike this x1,000,000,000,000..............

Recon604 04-05-2014 10:49 PM

yeah cops here sucks, they dont take fingers for these types of criminal activities. If fingerprints are outside of the premise,they dont touch them either...

maxxxboost 04-06-2014 01:21 AM

That sucks.

I will keep an eye out on craigslist for a 2007 RR. It's probably targeted since the bike is fairly old so selling it as a whole won't fetch much money. Possibly going to use it to piece back another bike?

Whatever the case, hope you are able to get past this and find those assholes.

Noir 04-06-2014 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxxxboost (Post 8450404)
That sucks.

I will keep an eye out on craigslist for a 2007 RR. It's probably targeted since the bike is fairly old so selling it as a whole won't fetch much money. Possibly going to use it to piece back another bike?

Whatever the case, hope you are able to get past this and find those assholes.

This is pretty much what I'm guessing.

If they were just in it for a joy-ride, there's tons of other easier bikes to rip around with. But no, they went through the trouble of breaking into a gated compound, wedged in between a large vehicle, and walk it out of a garage.

Me thinks a disc lock would not have prevented your bike getting stolen. They would have just prepped their caper differently.

SpeedStars 04-06-2014 02:15 AM

Watching that video gave me a plethora of rage, it was like seeing your baby being whisked away from its crib where you thought it was most safe. Will definitely keep an eye out. Those rims with the white lip would stand right out

Gwilo 04-06-2014 07:56 AM

Sorry to hear about this.

What more can I say.

Just hope for a quick insurance settlement.

Gsxrghostrider 04-06-2014 08:02 AM

Sounds like you did everything in your power to take care of your Bike.Adding a disc lock may not have stopped them,but maybe slowed them down.I'm sure that they could have lifted the locked end and place on a dolly and just rolled it out. I hope ICBC gives you a fair price for your troubles.Hope to see you on the road soon.

Gwilo 04-06-2014 08:34 AM

This could be a message .... "Daytona"

Sunfighter 04-06-2014 08:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
lol :)

Unless I get an ICBC/RCMP update guys, I will stop spamming RS... adjustor will be in touch with me tomorrow and then it's just the waiting game.

Like I said, the bike was mint... BRAND new tires, complete servicing two weeks, had never seen rain, parked indoors its entire life... if somebody was looking for donor parts boy did they hit the jackpot...

Gwilo 04-06-2014 08:45 AM

Your still a RIDER, so don't stop posting

Greenstoner 04-06-2014 09:05 AM

Just curious did u lock your steering? Or there's a way to bypassing that as well?

Hope u recover u bike or icbc give u a reasonable offer
Posted via RS Mobile

Gwilo 04-06-2014 09:53 AM

When you meet with the adjuster bring all your service invoices with you, also if you have the file from the previous owner with the maintenance done.

This brings up the value of the bike.

Recon604 04-06-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenstoner (Post 8450480)
Just curious did u lock your steering? Or there's a way to bypassing that as well?

Hope u recover u bike or icbc give u a reasonable offer
Posted via RS Mobile

locking the steering can be easily to break. you apply pressure in the opposite direction by using your leg and it breaks.

Sunfighter 04-06-2014 10:18 AM

Steering was locked, yeah...

Vale46Rossi 04-06-2014 12:40 PM

I hope you don't recover your bike and just get a reasonable offer for the new bike.... I think if you get it back it will be destroyed and never the same....

SoNaRWaVe 04-06-2014 02:08 PM

i hope you catch these assholes. if you are on social media, post it all over online. may never know who may spill the beans.

PiuYi 04-06-2014 06:38 PM

wow bike stolen from a GATED garage? i used to park my bike just out on the street every now and then but not anymore! sorry to hear sunfighter, hope everything is settled soon

reminds me at PRS they said if thieves really want your bike, there's nothing you can do to stop them... didn't think much of it, but they weren't joking!

racerman88 04-06-2014 06:54 PM

sorry for your loss

Sunfighter 04-06-2014 09:23 PM

Thanks a lot guys - I am just doing what so many people suggested and I'm spreading it around on social media as much as possible. If any of you can Twitter the YouTube video or put it on FB or whatever young people do that would be amazing ... I just want to put some heat on these people. THANKS!!! :)

Sunfighter 04-07-2014 11:23 PM

ICBC Adjustor called today - very helpful and suggested a few possible ideas...... Eitherway, they are the pros and I'll let them work with the RCMP.

They indicated that if the bike doesn't appear by next Tuesday then they will start the paperwork but that unlike stolen cars bikes don't get found very often...
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 04-07-2014 11:40 PM

How feasible is it to hide a gps tracker on your bike? Not saying OP should've and I'm sorry for your bike was stolen. Just curious if this was something bike owners considered and the cons it had that make people ultimately not put one on.

Jessie_P 04-08-2014 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8451587)
How feasible is it to hide a gps tracker on your bike? Not saying OP should've and I'm sorry for your bike was stolen. Just curious if this was something bike owners considered and the cons it had that make people ultimately not put one on.

Not a bad idea, I'm sure it would be rather easy to install a GPS tracker..

There are so many available now in varying shapes and sizes, hiding/mounting one shouldn't prove to difficult.

Not to mention so many of them have apps that trigger based on motion and can alert you within seconds..

:considered: