REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   2007 Honda CBR600RR Stolen!!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694141-2007-honda-cbr600rr-stolen.html)

Sunfighter 04-14-2014 10:31 PM

Thanks guys.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm still fucking pissed my bike was stolen. In fact, I'm angrier now than inititially ... $1,000 in deductibles meant I had to cancel a trip to Toronto this weekend plus I will have to pay tax on the new bike again .... I'm happy that ICBC was fair.... So that was the best of a bad situation.

I ran I to a neighbor tonight and helped him unload a brand new bike from his pickup ... Turns out that over the last few years he has had FOUR bikes stolen ... In fact the cops knew exactly who it was but they always unloaded the bikes quickly enough that the cops could never catch them with them. Their description (two guys and a girl) was identical to mine ...
Posted via RS Mobile

Recon604 04-14-2014 10:36 PM

^time to move

fliptuner 04-14-2014 10:36 PM

That's fucked

Sunfighter 04-16-2014 04:26 PM

Burnaby RCMP found the bike!

It was parked with a stolen car in a parkade in a building on Pender in Burnaby!

ICBC has already given me the cheque for the bike. My emotional response was I want my bike back but I have a really bad feeling even though the officer said the bike was in good condition.

My feeling is to be safe and move on.... Bike now belongs to ICBC.
Posted via RS Mobile

PLUJ 04-16-2014 04:54 PM

Wow, nice. Amazing that it wasn't stripped to pieces.

320icar 04-16-2014 05:00 PM

So i should buy it from the icbc auction??? :p
Posted via RS Mobile

fliptuner 04-16-2014 05:06 PM

Were parts missing or just a busted ignition? If it's the latter.....what a bunch of fucking idiots, to be that heaty, just to go for a joyride.

Raid3n 04-16-2014 09:37 PM

if they were known to police, they may not have had time..

Sunfighter 04-16-2014 09:45 PM

That's what I was thinking... I think they got spooked and abandoned the bike... either because they saw it going around on the internet or because of something else...

hpratvfrk 05-09-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunfighter (Post 8456709)
Burnaby RCMP found the bike!

It was parked with a stolen car in a parkade in a building on Pender in Burnaby!

ICBC has already given me the cheque for the bike. My emotional response was I want my bike back but I have a really bad feeling even though the officer said the bike was in good condition.

My feeling is to be safe and move on.... Bike now belongs to ICBC.
Posted via RS Mobile

So glad for you. I'm pretty pissed myself just watching the video... hope everything works out in the end man...

underscore 05-09-2014 12:08 PM

These guys had to know a fair bit to even locate your bike behind your SUV and know to break into the SUV for gloves. Although idk why they would break into it just for gloves and risk setting off an alarm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 8452278)
Also with todays technology couldnt they offer that service for fucking free ==?
I dont pay my garmin gps for that bullshit.

No, because with Garmin you're only receiving a GPS signal, you're not transmitting your location to anything. The fee is to receive the signal from your GPS transmitter and forward the information to you.

Honestly $12/month is cheap to be able to track the bike, it may not necessarily get your bike back but it could help arrest the thieves since you have a log of where the bike goes after it gets stolen. And ICBC may cut you a discount on your insurance for having added security.