REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #76
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYP#11 View Post
Just a quick update for all my fans. My VIHL scoring streak has now reached 50 games (106 G, 71 A, 177 Pts). Thanks for the support. I couldn't have done it without you guys.
hey so my team (saiyans) played against you last week and when i looked at the score sheet said you got unsportsmanlike at 20 mins? what happened?
Advertisement
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #77
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
hey so my team (saiyans) played against you last week and when i looked at the score sheet said you got unsportsmanlike at 20 mins? what happened?
Buzzer went and I half-heartedly whacked the puck along the boards. Ref came over and told me not to do that. I laughed and told him to give me 2 mins if he wanted. He obliged. None of it was serious. I think he just did it for the lulz. It was pretty funny.
HYP#11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #78
Mod.

Quote:
Buzzer went and I half-heartedly whacked the puck along the boards. Ref came over and told me not to do that. I laughed and told him to give me 2 mins if he wanted. He obliged. None of it was serious. I think he just did it for the lulz. It was pretty funny.
that's a dumbass thing to say/penalty. was a close game and you guys got back within one so late in the game too. i'd probably do the same thing
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 06-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #79
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Hey I'm looking for a goalie for 2 games Saturday (620 Killarney) and Sunday (955 Kits).

Both games are Iron II. We'll also be short so you'll likely get lots of practice!

EDIT: Goalie found for both days. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by m3thods; 06-13-2014 at 03:02 PM.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #80
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
hyp #11 with a fractured vertebrae and concussion. god bls
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronix View Post
For real?

Any other info? Accident or intentional? Any idea what went down and how it happened?

That's horrible news.

Edit: This is likely the game? http://vihl.stats.pointstreak.com/pl...gameid=2469102
Old 07-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #82
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronix View Post
Looks like Tony Xu had enough of HYP's shit. I never like to see people get really messed up while playing a game. But he wasn't out there to make friends.

Karma works in mysterious ways. Maybe this will humble the guy.
Seriously, he's a stud in fucking Iron div? that's like being the best special olympian there is.

(PS: I played copper last spring, but you don't hear me bragging about my 3.66GAA and .901 s/p )
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #83
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
he got body checked and hit the stanchion.

earlier in the game, he didnt stop and purposely ran over the opposing teams goalie.
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #84
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i am gonna chime in too and agree with originalhypa, with all his coments. Nobody wants to see another athlete get hurt in any sport, just wanted to make sure that is clear and it's unforutnate what happened.

However, i've played in the same tier with this guy all season. He's notorious for running at our goalie (and other's too probably) and runs his mouth all game in a pretty low division (copper 2) and i don't think he should be bragging about it on revscene or on the rink. if you treat and play with some level of respect for other players nobody will ever retaliate or cheap shot you. it might have been karma or a freak accident who knows. best of luck and a speedy recovery!

Last edited by 01_Lude; 07-29-2014 at 02:39 PM.
01_Lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #85
Mod.

i'm gonna chime in as well, i played against him in the same div this season (albiet once). it was a close game, but i didn't see him run our goalie, chirp, or make dirty plays. maybe it was a one off in the fact that our team doesn't chirp as much, but that's what happened when i encountered him.

hope for a speedy recovery. we pay to play this shit and it's not worth your future
97 Civic CX (POS)

This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #86
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
hope for a speedy recovery. we pay to play this shit and it's not worth your future
Agreed.
I hate when guys run me in net. I have 100% focus on the puck during a game, and the times I've been run I had no opportunity to defend myself. I got ran in a playoff game last season, and the asshole rolled my ankle. Even though I couldn't stand, I had to finish that game out of duty to my team.

I got a concussion last week in my ASHL game. Got kicked in the head a few times by a guy who lost his balance while in my crease. Missed a day and a half of work, and was in a cloud all last week. It's cleared up now, but it was a lost week, and what would be future issues?

Yet we still play..... and love every minute of it.

If you're reading this HYP#11, take care. Through all the joking, jawing, and mocking we do in this thread, it would suck if you couldn't play anymore. I don't wish that sort of thing upon anyone.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #87
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I got a concussion a couple yrs ago in pich. Lasted a couple weeks. By far the scariest injury I ever had. Not knowing when it will go away and having no eye hand coordination was pretty frightening. Hyp never did me any wrong...his internet cocky smack talk isnt anything new on forums. Hope he makes a full recovery
6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #88
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Agreed.
I hate when guys run me in net. I have 100% focus on the puck during a game, and the times I've been run I had no opportunity to defend myself. I got ran in a playoff game last season, and the asshole rolled my ankle. Even though I couldn't stand, I had to finish that game out of duty to my team.

I got a concussion last week in my ASHL game. Got kicked in the head a few times by a guy who lost his balance while in my crease. Missed a day and a half of work, and was in a cloud all last week. It's cleared up now, but it was a lost week, and what would be future issues?

If you're reading this HYP#11, take care. Through all the joking, jawing, and mocking we do in this thread, it would suck if you couldn't play anymore. I don't wish that sort of thing upon anyone.
Miss having you in net bro. Ice is starting up soon and I don't have a team yet . I need to figure out what my schedule will be like with translink first
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Agreed.

Damn out of curiosity what divs do you play in? As both a player and a goalie, I don't think I can recall any bad goalie collisions in the 8 years I've been playing. It seems as though you have some really bad luck in net :S
Old 07-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #90
Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
I got a concussion a couple yrs ago in pich. Lasted a couple weeks. By far the scariest injury I ever had. Not knowing when it will go away and having no eye hand coordination was pretty frightening. Hyp never did me any wrong...his internet cocky smack talk isnt anything new on forums. Hope he makes a full recovery
nothing beats what happen back in 2008 i think it was when rub n tug was last in vihl. i don't think any of us on that was there will forget
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-31-2014, 12:29 PM   #91
they call me the snowman

^
Got cliff notes on that story?
It sounds pretty interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Miss having you in net bro. Ice is starting up soon and I don't have a team yet . I need to figure out what my schedule will be like with translink first
I was sad to hear that the Ninjas were out for the 2014/15 season. I'm playing summer league with a team that's been together for 11 years, and even though they've had 10 losing years, they won their div 3 years ago and they still talk about it. We made so many mistakes last year. But if we had Nick for the whole season, things would have ended differently.

I miss you guys!
Let's s&p next week. Then for for lunchtime beers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Damn out of curiosity what divs do you play in? As both a player and a goalie, I don't think I can recall any bad goalie collisions in the 8 years I've been playing. It seems as though you have some really bad luck in net :S
Last winter season I played Div E in the HNA league, C2 in ASHL Langley, and B1 +30 at ASHL Langley. My style is very aggressive and athletic though. I will dive on the puck if I can, and have no problems putting a shoulder into an offending player in my crease. I think that's the problem there, is that guys think the goalie should be a pussy and back down. I'm more protective of my crease, and especially my defensemen. We're a team out there, and have to watch each other's backs.

For some reason, roller is where I shined. I have 6 games total played, with a record 5w - 1L. 2 games in silver (1w-1L), 2 wins in copper, and 1 win in bronze. I don't know how the hell that happened. Although the rollerfly really helped. That trips guys out completely, when the goalie slides from post to post on a wrap.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #92
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

My teammate went head first into the boards. Fractured 2 vertebrates. Hasnt walked since. He might be now though? I dont know since he alienated himself from his friends on the team. I haven't heard about him in a few yrs. Good guy. Wasnt dirty player. He was fighting for position with a much stronger and higher skilled player. He was pushed...he tripped...thats all up in the air. But we as a team felt it was a freak accident . Nhan was there watching our game as well
6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
My teammate went head first into the boards. Fractured 2 vertebrates. Hasnt walked since. He might be now though? I dont know since he alienated himself from his friends on the team. I haven't heard about him in a few yrs. Good guy. Wasnt dirty player. He was fighting for position with a much stronger and higher skilled player. He was pushed...he tripped...thats all up in the air. But we as a team felt it was a freak accident . Nhan was there watching our game as well
That's the story that was in the Sun a while back? I remember reading it then and thought, "yikes, I can't believe that it happened in roller and not ice".
Old 07-31-2014, 08:16 PM   #94
Mod.

yeah that's the story. it was pretty damn scary being there and seeing it.

i had a similar situation where i went head first as i got tripped up. luckily i hit the side of my head and my shoulder took the brunt of the impact.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-31-2014, 09:06 PM   #95
I am Hook'd on RS

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll be alright. I could probably play in a week or two if we were still playing. I do have to address the dirty hits and running the goalie allegations though. I've honestly never made any sort of contact with any goalie or done anything dirty in my 4 years of playing VIHL, check my PIMs if you don't believe me. I honestly have no idea what any of you could possibly even be referring to. I'd probably win the VIHL Lady Byng in a landslide since I'm targeted for hits every single game. My knee hit the goalie in the game in question but the goalie literally dove head first to poke check and i couldn't get out of the way (don't believe me if you want but that's probably the 1st goalie interference or any penalty that wasn't a trip or hook etc. I've ever got).

Oh wait, once this year a guy dropped the gloves and tried fighting me for after I hit a goalie's glove a split second after he covered it, is that what you're talking about? That's literally the only two incidents I've ever had.

Anyways, I tear it up in Copper, not Iron, so get it straight! Let's talk about how I got snubbed for the awards this year, what a travesty!

I'll be back to trash talk next year, hopefully you guys don't take it so seriously hahaha!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM   #96
I am Hook'd on RS

Decided to go through all my PIMs for 4 years including playoffs and last game was my first ever goalie interference. Notorious for running goalies indeed...

I get a decent amount of unsportsmanlikes for trash talking (when the other team engages first) so that's a fair critique but I certainly never run goalies and have never injured anyone at all or been given a single body checking penalty despite playing fairly high level hitting minor hockey my whole childhood...

Anyways, the guy that hit me apparently emailled our captain apologizing. I haven't read it yet. It was an intentional hit that I couldn't avoid since there were two guys on me but I'm sure he wasn't trying to injure me so no hard feelings. It happens.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:05 PM   #97
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Where did you play minor? and when did you finish?
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #98
I am Hook'd on RS

Vernon minor hockey until 2005. Stopped playing rep the last couple years to focus on school though.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:45 PM   #99
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Vernon minor hockey until 2005. Stopped playing rep the last couple years to focus on school though.
Played up there a few times for tournaments, not sure if we are the same age group though. Do you still play ice?
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:07 PM   #100
I am Hook'd on RS

Born in '87. Ya ice I actually play legitimately and try. Roller is just for working on my chirps.