REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Fuel pressure test kit for civic 99 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694280-fuel-pressure-test-kit-civic-99-a.html)

getthingsready 04-09-2014 02:08 PM

Fuel pressure test kit for civic 99

Hey you guys...

My 99 Civic SE is having some issues, and I think that it is either the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator... so I guess I need to acquire me a fuel pressure test kit.

Do my question is, do you guys know a fuel pressure test kit that will fit my civic? Most of the ones that I see are made for american cars. Also, does anyone know what size is the banjo bold on a 99 civic? If I knew that, then I could also buy any fuel pressure test kit with an adapter that will fit. Thanks alot in advance.

pingu81 04-09-2014 02:13 PM

My advice would be to buy a fuel pressure gauge and a banjo bolt. It shouldn't be more than $50 total and would be a permanent solution for if you ever run into future problems beyond the current one. Installation time should be under 30 minutes as well.

getthingsready 04-11-2014 12:32 PM

Thanks... It's a good idea... I should look into that... but what is the sizing and the thread of the banjo bolt for my civic?

pingu81 04-11-2014 02:00 PM

Go online to an OEM dealer parts website. Punch in your year and model Civic. The size will be listed in the description of the fitting that goes onto the fuel filter.

Puck Luck 04-13-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getthingsready (Post 8452472)
Hey you guys...

My 99 Civic SE is having some issues, and I think that it is either the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator... so I guess I need to acquire me a fuel pressure test kit.

what is the issue that makes you feel its fuel pressure related?

getthingsready 04-15-2014 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck Luck (Post 8454640)
what is the issue that makes you feel its fuel pressure related?

My car won't start. The engine turns and turns, but doesn't start. So I started by checking the spark... starter is good, battery is good, and I am getting spark... so once that's all checked, I need to investigate if I am getting fuel... but I need the tool. I am suspecting either the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator.

Puck Luck 04-15-2014 07:39 PM

If its not starting, i wouldn't get too concerned about what the actual fuel pressure is. I'd be checking to see if there is any fuel pressure at all. Crack open the banjo bolt by the fuel rail or filter then turn on the ignition. If fuel squirts out then you know fuel is good. Or pull out a plug and see if its soaked in fuel. Could be flooded. Otherwise the only other thing needed is compression

I generally only check fuel pressures when there is a drivability or emissions problem

getthingsready 04-15-2014 10:31 PM

I know that I have fuel pressure. I hear the pump priming when I put the key to on position... and when I crank, i smell gas around the engine. I just want to see if the fuel pressure stays high enough. I want to check the pressure... if that's not it... then i'll go check the main relay then the ECU.
Posted via RS Mobile