REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 04-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Fuel pressure test kit for civic 99

Hey you guys...

My 99 Civic SE is having some issues, and I think that it is either the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator... so I guess I need to acquire me a fuel pressure test kit.

Do my question is, do you guys know a fuel pressure test kit that will fit my civic? Most of the ones that I see are made for american cars. Also, does anyone know what size is the banjo bold on a 99 civic? If I knew that, then I could also buy any fuel pressure test kit with an adapter that will fit. Thanks alot in advance.
Advertisement
getthingsready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

My advice would be to buy a fuel pressure gauge and a banjo bolt. It shouldn't be more than $50 total and would be a permanent solution for if you ever run into future problems beyond the current one. Installation time should be under 30 minutes as well.

Last edited by pingu81; 04-09-2014 at 02:26 PM.
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #3

Thanks... It's a good idea... I should look into that... but what is the sizing and the thread of the banjo bolt for my civic?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Go online to an OEM dealer parts website. Punch in your year and model Civic. The size will be listed in the description of the fitting that goes onto the fuel filter.
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getthingsready View Post
Hey you guys...

My 99 Civic SE is having some issues, and I think that it is either the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator... so I guess I need to acquire me a fuel pressure test kit.
what is the issue that makes you feel its fuel pressure related?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Luck View Post
what is the issue that makes you feel its fuel pressure related?
My car won't start. The engine turns and turns, but doesn't start. So I started by checking the spark... starter is good, battery is good, and I am getting spark... so once that's all checked, I need to investigate if I am getting fuel... but I need the tool. I am suspecting either the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

If its not starting, i wouldn't get too concerned about what the actual fuel pressure is. I'd be checking to see if there is any fuel pressure at all. Crack open the banjo bolt by the fuel rail or filter then turn on the ignition. If fuel squirts out then you know fuel is good. Or pull out a plug and see if its soaked in fuel. Could be flooded. Otherwise the only other thing needed is compression

I generally only check fuel pressures when there is a drivability or emissions problem
Old 04-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #8

I know that I have fuel pressure. I hear the pump priming when I put the key to on position... and when I crank, i smell gas around the engine. I just want to see if the fuel pressure stays high enough. I want to check the pressure... if that's not it... then i'll go check the main relay then the ECU.
Posted via RS Mobile