REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,970 Times in 2,174 Posts
Hold on a moment, since when is a school a private setting?
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,481 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Hold on a moment, since when is a school a private setting?
It's not supposed to be, students are expected to adhere to school board rules, but (at least here) a public school is just that, public. I've seen plenty of students take photos and videos on school property without being told not to.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #28
Zombie Mod

Thanked 4,403 Times in 1,278 Posts
Not sure, but if it's like any typical US High School, they would have their own security cameras, and have signs that'll state you're being recorded. If that's the case, there shouldn't be a problem with the ipad recording.

Also, what kind of show are the people in charge trying to run? The DA can't even get hold of his employee:
Quote:
Today, Mike Manko, a spokesman for the district attorney's office, said his office is not involved in the issuance of summary counts, but takes on the case at the appellate level in Common Pleas Court. The citation against Christian will be withdrawn at the April 29 hearing, he said..

"No one who is authorized to give advice on wiretap or school violation issues was contacted in our office by the school district or South Fayette police," Mr. Manko said. "Multiple attempts to contact the officer who wrote the citation have been made."
Old 04-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #29
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,047 Times in 842 Posts
I always thought the only requirement for recording people is that the recording had to have been done by one of the people in the conversation

'00 323i (Sold)
'01 Civic Si (Sold)
'95 240sx (Sold)
'02 LMB M5 (Sold)
'92 4Runner (Sold)
'92 Civic VX (Sold)
'03 SL500 (Sold)
'92 NSX
'99 M3 (Totalled)
'07 A4 2.0T (Sold)
'01 CB M5 (Sold)
'01 540i (Sold)
'11 535ix
freakshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,970 Times in 2,174 Posts
^ depends on the jurisdiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #31
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
I always thought the only requirement for recording people is that the recording had to have been done by one of the people in the conversation
American law =/= Canadian law
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #32
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,978 Times in 261 Posts
It's a question of reasonable expectation of privacy.
The charter speaks to this.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,481 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finbar View Post
It's a question of reasonable expectation of privacy.
The charter speaks to this.
Is it legal to record a private conversation? Wiretapping and the one party consent exception to the rule against interception | LegalTree.ca

Bullying and Cyberbullying - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

It is considered illegal to record a private conversation unless you are an active part of it, and it is also "illegal" to bully or harass others. Considering that the conversations being held were loud enough to record, and were directed at the victim, I would wager that it would be considered a conversation in which the victim is directly involved.

This kind of situation is therefore a gray area, it's up to a judge to decide whether the recording was warranted. If I had the power, I would amend the law to allow recording of harassment and/or bullying for the purpose of being presented as proof. Obviously in this case, the court's verdict aligns with my view of the situation, thrown out.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #34
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Was bullied in elementary school. Ended up with a fractured wrist. Know what the principal and VP said after having a sit down with me and my parents? They said boys will be boys. Know what I did? Fucked that kid up when I got back to school. Want to know what happened? Nothing at all. No detention. That was the day I found out shit works both ways
i did the same thing, guy was bullying me, I beat him up pretty badly where he it fucked up his eye and he had to wear an eye patch. I ended up having the police at my house and talk to my parents and I got suspended. it was a matter of he said/he said.

this guy was bullying me for months, i finally stand up for myself and I get the worst end of the straw. It was worth the suspension but not worth going to this anger management thing that they forced me to do.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #35
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,031 Posts
^^ Did anything (disciplinary or investigation type of stuff) happen to the bully kid you beat up? At a minimum, I'm sure nobody at school dared to mess with you anymore.

But I'd have to say -- the eye thing seems a bit extreme. Still, when you are a kid and you have been under the pressure of all this bully, his eye's well being is probably the last of your concerns.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote