REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 11-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #551
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
^ I've heard people line up over night for that sale and wheel out dollies of ammo. I like saving money and all, but camping outside of a gun store is not gonna happen.

hypa/incubus - I'm looking at a Dlask 12.5" .920 barrel for my 10/22. Are these good barrels for accuracy and feeding any ammo? Will it thread right onto my stock receiver?
if their barrels are anything like the 1911 magazines i purchased i'd say go for it.

extremely high quality and attention to detail imo.
Advertisement
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #552
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseman View Post
Has anyone been to reliable's sale before? I need to pickup a case or two of ammo and would love 50% off!
Myself and a couple of friends actually lined up the night before at the reliable sale 2 years ago. Got there at 11pm the night before and there were already two guys ahead of us setting up. And man were they ever prepared; they bought a couch, a tv/dvd player, a bunch of movies and a propane heater. The movies and the heater definitely made the night a lot more bearable. Reliable's sales always take place in early december and man was that night cold and rainy. Definitely not ideal for people who are lining up outside.

I do have to give props to Reliable on trying to make it rewarding for the people who lined up the night before. I believe one of the owners or employees lived in the suite above the store. At around midnight, he came out, chatted for a little bit and handed out ammo to everyone that was there. As the night went by, more and more people started to come out. By 0700, the line already formed around the block. Just before the store opened, the owner/employees started drawing raffles where prizes were given out, including firearms. The first few people in line (i think the 1st thirty) had their own little raffle going where better prizes were given. Also donuts and coffee were provided as well.

Would I line up the night before this year? Probably no. The only reason why I went was they had a pistol I was eyeing for a while on sale that was too good to pass up and I knew I had to be one of the first in line to get it. I've also stocked up on a some 9mm and 22lr ammo too while i was there.

There are people who say that they would never line up for a sale, and I kind of get that. But at the same time, it's the company with your friends, and others that have the same interests as you, just hanging out and chilling (literally) that make it memorable.

I will probably pop by early morning the day to hopefully pick up some ammo and probably a scope though if the price is right.

Reliable will most likely release a flyer with all their deals a day or two prior (as they did in previous years). Also an FYI, International in Surrey will also have their annual sale at around the same time, so keep an eye out for that. Similar to reliable, I am sure they will release a flyer on their sale as well.

Last edited by ODStryker00; 11-22-2014 at 09:43 AM.
ODStryker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #553
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
^ I've heard people line up over night for that sale and wheel out dollies of ammo. I like saving money and all, but camping outside of a gun store is not gonna happen.

hypa/incubus - I'm looking at a Dlask 12.5" .920 barrel for my 10/22. Are these good barrels for accuracy and feeding any ammo? Will it thread right onto my stock receiver?
Select guns up to 50% off seems like an unbelievable deal if it's anything that you want.

Hell, at 50% off a "maybe" gun turns into a "why the hell not" gun.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #554
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post
I believe the dlask should thread on and they make great products alot of people pick up the 10/22 barrel I think there's one in the shop ill take a look.
Let me know what you have and cuanto? Thanks again
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #555
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODStryker00 View Post
Myself and a couple of friends actually lined up the night before at the reliable sale 2 years ago. Got there at 11pm the night before and there were already two guys ahead of us setting up. Abd nan were they ever prepared; they bought a couch, a tv/dvd player, a bunch of movies and a propane heater. The movies and the heater definitely made the night a lot more bearable. Reliable's sales always take place in early december and man was that night cold and rainy. Definitely not ideal for people who are lining up outside.

I do have to give props to Reliable on trying to make it rewarding for the people who lined up the night before. I believe one of the owners or employees lived in the suite above the store. At around midnight, he came out, chatted for a little bit and handed out ammo to everyone that was there. As the night went by, more and more people started to come out. By 0700, the line already formed around the block. Just before the store opened, the owner/employees started drawing raffles where prizes were given out, including firearms. The first few people in line (i think the 1st thirty) had their own little raffle going where better prizes were given. Also donuts and coffee were provided as well.

Would I line up the night before this year? Probably no. The only reason why I went was they had a pistol I was eyeing for a while on sale that was too good to pass up and I knew I had to be one of the first in line to get it. I've also stocked up on a some 9mm and 22lr ammo too while i was there.

There are people who say that they would never line up for a sale, and I kind of get that. But at the same time, it's the company with your friends, and others that have the same interests as you, just hanging out and chilling (literally) that make it memorable.

I will probably pop by early morning the day to hopefully pick up some ammo and probably a scope though if the price is right.

Reliable will most likely release a flyer with all their deals a day or two prior (as they did in previous years). Also an FYI, International in Surrey will also have their annual sale at around the same time, so keep an eye out for that. Similar to reliable, I am sure they will release a flyer on their sale as well.
Yeah, not sure I can (willingly) line up anywhere for a sale, however, this may be one of those rare exceptions. I hate lining up anywhere for that matter...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye out for international too...
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #556
CRS

RS Meet at Reliable and International?

Two groups and we can communicate back and forth and get in on the best deals.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #557
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
The 10/22 barrels are press fit into the reciever. My whistle pig needed a little sanding as the powder coat was pretty thick. The final 1/8" had to be pressed in but it holds very well.

I love the Dlask 12.5" barrel. It's such a sick setup for shorter distances, and makes the 10/22 look like an SMG. It will feed just like stock, as that comes from the feed ramps in the receiver. As for accuracy, the barrel is short but it's a 1:7 twist so you'll get good accuracy at 100 yards which is just fine for a rimfire.

Quote:
Has anyone been to reliable's sale before? I need to pickup a case or two of ammo and would love 50% off!
My buddy owns Reliable and I was asking him what's on sale. There will be some very good deals to be had, but be ready to wait. ODStryker00's post is dead on correct.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye out for international too...
A friend of mine went to the Int'l sale last year and grabbed me an SKS and cae of 7.62 ammo for a really good price. He got there at about 5am, and still had to wait a few hours to get into the store.

Imho, if you're going to wait in line, be sure to get yourself a list of things you must have and focus on those. Buddy told me a couple guys waited in line and didn't have a plan. They walked out with nothing, which was a complete waste of time as things cleared out pretty fast.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:04 AM   #558
I don't get it

Thanks for the info hypa.

Too many sales. Went by Italian and they are having their annual sale on December 12th...
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #559
Survivor MOD

west coast hunting in richmond is having their's 29-30
Old 11-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #560
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
hey so .. apparently CRS really likes cleaning old russian rifles

Thanks again CRS.
I made sure to leave some rust on it for ya!

BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #561
CRS

So guys, I'll let you guess which member on RS decided to leave his SKS in a laundry room where it is humid... And left it there for a solid 3 months...

And so when I opened it, it was both rusty and moist.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #562

^ nice. I wen to the range today and a pile of guys showed up, including the fellow from CanadaAmmo. There were all kinds of guns I had only seen on the web, so everyone was handling all the gear. Fun day.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #563
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
So guys, I'll let you guess which member on RS decided to leave his SKS in a laundry room where it is humid... And left it there for a solid 3 months...

And so when I opened it, it was both rusty and moist.
Don't be telling people where my bug out / zombie defence gear is kept
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #564

FYI - if anyone wants SP 7.5x55, CanadaAmmo finally got some in stock - and at an ethical price. I ordered 100 rounds tonight, so now I'm taking my K31 hunting next season.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #565
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

sorry for the late response guys have finals coming up

heres a teaser email that just went out from international, (top reg price bottom sale price more to be added)

if anyone wants to be added to the email list just pm me your email and details thanks.

CCI Blazer Brass 45 ACP 230GR FMJ 1000 Rounds
$449.00
$369.00
Mirage 12GA 2 ¾” 7.5 Shot Super Target 250 Rounds
$75.00
$59.00
Russian SKS 7.62X39
$199.99
$149.95
Ruger 10/22 Lasermax 22LR
$399.99
$289.95
Nikon ProStaff 3
-
9X40 NP Black
$199.99
$149.95
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow 9mm Black
$849.99
$699.95
Sig 1911 22 22LR OD Green and FDE
$499.99
$389.95

cz shadow is a great steal anyone looking for a new 9mm

**cough** zed
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #566
Survivor MOD

the price on that CZ is fuckin awesome lol.

if i didnt have a 9mm already i'd probably pick it up.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #567
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I could use your g19
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #568

I think (1) CZ Shadow is comin up in my near future....

Is that Sig .22 any good?
Old 11-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #569
Survivor MOD

Quote:
I think (1) CZ Shadow is comin up in my near future....

Is that Sig .22 any good?
all sigs are good
Old 11-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #570

Well, I know a lot of guys that 'used to own' Sigs. Not sure it's my cup of tea, kinda got my eye out looking for a Luger MK3 stainless .22
Old 11-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #571
Survivor MOD

for a .22 you cant beat a ruger.

i've been eyeing the mark 3 hunter for a while but have so far been able to restrain myself
Old 11-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #572
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I have a Sig .22 in fde and its a good gun. The trigger can use work for sure though. I would budget another $100 to clean up its pull, then talk to a good gunsmith.

That is an awesome price too. I paid closer to 5 bills for mine a few years ago. The money you save could be put into the trigger. It's a win-win situation.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #573
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Crossing fingers that there is some sale on 9mm and 5.56
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #574
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
Crossing fingers that there is some sale on 9mm and 5.56
You and me both. I already have a couple thousand rounds of 556 stored away. More specifically waiting for 9mm. I however don't think there will any great "deals" this year as 9mm is already hard to find as it is, let alone getting a great deal on them. I'll be happy if I can find any 9mm for under .30 a round.
ray666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:04 AM   #575
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray666 View Post
You and me both. I already have a couple thousand rounds of 556 stored away. More specifically waiting for 9mm. I however don't think there will any great "deals" this year as 9mm is already hard to find as it is, let alone getting a great deal on them. I'll be happy if I can find any 9mm for under .30 a round.
agreed. I've just been to lazy to dust of the press and press some out. I have enough to load a few K rounds but just no motivation.
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote