REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 04-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Anyone heard of The Acquisition Group for TELUS Communications

Just wondering, friend got offered a job but found it kind of odd....
Advertisement
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
PRINCESS

Lol yeah
They gonna make u do door to door sales shit
Called me in for an interview, I was out in 2min
Was like fuck this scam shit
Wasted my time going all the way to dt
Don't bother with them
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Those ppl came to my door twice in the last year to sell me services more expensive that Shaw. I said
Old 04-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
Lol yeah
They gonna make u do door to door sales shit
Called me in for an interview, I was out in 2min
Was like fuck this scam shit
Wasted my time going all the way to dt
Don't bother with them

That's what I thought, seems sketchy.... Not much about them on the internet....

Friend went to an interview and thought it was shady and were suppose to hire for "Marketing" Was asked to do a future interview.... I guess aint gonna happen.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
How do door to door people even get paid? No sale = no pay? Or you get a flat baseline salary and get a percentage of every sale you make?

It's summer time and will see plenty of these Shaw/Telus goons trying to one up on each other by offering deals door to door. I get at least a couple different dicks trying to sell me something every summer.

Telus guy comes, I tell them I am with Telus. Shaw guy comes, I tell them I am with Shaw .
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
That's what I thought, seems sketchy.... Not much about them on the internet....

Friend went to an interview and thought it was shady and were suppose to hire for "Marketing" Was asked to do a future interview.... I guess aint gonna happen.
If you search up The acquisition group in genera you'll find some sketchy reviews
That's why I didn't go to second "interview"
Also I recall peeps from RS Chat warning me not to go. Some others knew about it already.
I was there for "team leader" position. Then found out they just wasted my freaking time>
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
God of Unce

I walked in, made an excuse and gtfo right away.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I worked for TAG for 4 months during the summer between semesters at BCIT.

It is door to door sales. I made a lot of money doing it, and it was a great atmosphere to work in and a lot of fun. It all depends on your team though and how you get along with them.

Its purely commission. On my best day I made 1200 dollars, on my worst day made 150.

My interview was professional, and they were up front about it. I had nothing to lose so gave it a shot. I don't regret it. I don't think its a career move, but as something for money while you're a student and during the summer its great. Work outdoors with fun people. A couple nights a week the managers would take us all out for dinner and drinks on them. Weekly BBQ's at the office. We had a nickname for our office, we called it "The Alcoholics Group" lol, I think there's still a group on facebook.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2014, 05:07 AM   #9
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
I did an interview with them back in High School.
Got called in for a second round, but promptly cleared my head and made an excuse.

Door to door sales.
I'm not up for it.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:11 AM   #10
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

i worked with them full time for two months from jan til march and i actually wanted to stay with them but the working hours are whack-o. very long when it didn't really need to be. it's a great job if you're talented in sales. the skys the limit when it comes to your commission. did a pretty good job while i was in surrey doing door to door my wage would accumulate about 27/hr sometimes 35 but then i didn't do so well in vancouver. city people are so aggressive and i can't speak chinese lol but that's not my excuse. if you're very ambitious and self motivated then it's a pretty good job i'd say because with the hardwork and dedication you can easily become a general manager within the year or so and eventually make 6 figure salary lol. but it's not for everyone.

if you actually read their reviews on glassdoor, they're actually positive

if somebody does knock on your door, theyre currently offering the better deals and their advantage is that they can waive off $100 on your shaw bill to switch and who knows some special extended promo

Last edited by guurl; 04-30-2014 at 01:27 AM.
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

its not scam

Its not true that the Acquisition group is scam. They give you a chance to show your performance and get into management positions. Some of the positions they have are entry level to start with but they train you extensively and promote within. So if someone has the potential then this company is the way to go.
amaan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #12
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
strong first post bumping 8 month old thread
Old 12-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaan101 View Post
Its not true that the Acquisition group is scam. They give you a chance to show your performance and get into management positions. Some of the positions they have are entry level to start with but they train you extensively and promote within. So if someone has the potential then this company is the way to go.
Nice Try Acquisition Group PR team.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #14
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I interviewed over the phone with them first, they told me it was for hourly paid call centre work. I got to the interview and was informed it was commission only door to door selling. So yes, they're a scam. Or at least the current group running the interviews are. And my interviewer was extremely unprofessional, I could barely hear her and she would sigh and huff when I asked her to repeat something or if I took too long to answer a question because I was considering how to answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #15
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

seems like they just want you booked in for the interview. i also had a call from them. lady talk so fast just wanted me booked in and time and date.
mustang766 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #16
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

they hire anybody who is willing to work door to door. first call / interviews are skeptical though because they don't exactly tell you what the position really is because they knew people would say no right away if they knew wht the job really was lol

the interviewers are usually members who want to become leaders/managers. only way of getting the promotion is to hit sales quotas as a team
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #17
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Sorry for the thread bumping but I wanted to add this...

I did an interview for them, they seemed professional and I was offered a job right away. I accepted, but I had this strange feeling. I knew it was 100% commission, but the way the company was structured was a bit sketchy in my opinion. I went home and briefly explained this to my family and they were more than worried.

I got in there on my first day and all of the team were men from India (they all said they were). No problem, I felt like a bit of a fish out of water being there, being probably the youngest, whitest guy there. The team leader trained me and a woman that was also hired. The roleplay was fun, and I did learn a bit about marketing.

I was told to go home because my back check wasn't in yet. So I did. I showed my more tech-savvy brother the notes I took and he told me most of what I learned was hogwash, and that the company lies about TV quality, internet speed, etc. They spent a good amount of time slamming the competition and brainwashing. I was skeptical of everything they were saying to us.

I got a call an hour later telling me to meet him across town, so I quickly gather myself up and get dropped off, and we drive down to another town nearby. We did some door to door knocks, and the whole time he called everyone weird, played with things in their yards, commented about how gross people's homes looked, and at one point he was riffing with his coworker about how people are stupidheads and just won't listen.
They even said some rude things about me to my face (called me "chubby", etc)

So despite the fact that this was obvious multi-level marketing and should not be trusted, the team I was put under were very rude to other team members, as well as customers, and took a no far too personally. I left after the first day because I don't think my social anxiety could handle it. If you believe in Telus and this company's brainwashing, and are good at selling and like people A LOT, I'm sure you would do well with this job, but honestly pyramid schemes like this should be illegal.
RSora is offline   Reply With Quote