REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Teen Rushed To Hospital After Party At 24 Sussex Drive (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694738-teen-rushed-hospital-after-party-24-sussex-drive.html)

Manic! 04-25-2014 10:03 PM

Teen Rushed To Hospital After Party At 24 Sussex Drive

Teen Rushed To Hospital After Party At 24 Sussex Drive

Cliff notes

Steven Harper's son who is in high school has a birthday party at the official residence of the Prime Minister. 18 year old girl gets drunk ends up having to go to the hospital.

24 Suxxex is guarded by the RCMP so Mr tough on crime Harper or his cat video loving wife knew there was alcohol being served to minors at the party. So where is the RCMP investigation?

StylinRed 04-25-2014 10:09 PM

There's a lot of more pressing and blatantly wrong issues with Harper and the CONS than this imo

I'd rather people focus on those issues and put them on repeat rather than something like this which most people will simply dismiss and go "aww teens" or "aww stop picking on harper for something we can all relate to"

focus on his voter fraud :seriously: how the fuck can Canadians ignore that
or the TFW program
his criminal senate
etc etc etc etc

CRS 04-25-2014 10:25 PM

The funny thing is if this happened to Trudeau or any opposition member for that matter, there would be a slew of attack ads already out.

kunoman1 04-25-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 8461796)
The funny thing is if this happened to Trudeau or any opposition member for that matter, there would be a slew of attack ads already out.

Or imagine if she was rushed out of Rob Fords house

westopher 04-25-2014 10:41 PM

If anything I'm more likely to vote for him knowing hes actually human enough to give a shit about his own son having fun with his friends for his 18th. I'm still not very likely to vote for him though.

kunoman1 04-25-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8461805)
If anything I'm more likely to vote for him knowing hes actually human enough to give a shit about his own son having fun with his friends for his 18th. I'm still not very likely to vote for him though.

Or him actually reporting it, unlike Kennedy trying to save his own skin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident

4444 04-25-2014 10:49 PM

all politicians are bullshit, not just harper
rather than bitching and complaining about one guy, whose replacement will be, within a small margin, just as bad, lets concentrate on decreasing the size and scope of government, then their indiscretions will affect us to a lesser degree

Manic! 04-25-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8461805)

But if it was you he would lock you up because he's Mr. tough on crime. If he thinks it's OK for his 18 year old son to drink it should be OK for everyone's son or daughter.

bobbinka 04-25-2014 11:14 PM

was expecting a CIC thread. disappointed.

westopher 04-26-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8461811)
But if it was you he would lock you up because he's Mr. tough on crime. If he thinks it's OK for his 18 year old son to drink it should be OK for everyone's son or daughter.

Well I'm from alberta, so it is.:toot: Either way, this is probably the least newsworthy shitty thing a politician has ever done. I care more about the lavish vacations these fucks are having with our money than I do about an 18 year old having a beer.

sekin67835 04-26-2014 08:07 AM

Call me crazy, but why does a politician have to do what he thinks is right? Isn't a politicians job to do what his voters want and not his beliefs?
Posted via RS Mobile

Ludepower 04-26-2014 08:42 AM

teens will be teens. she probably gulped a Smirnoff mickey before the party.

SpartanAir 04-26-2014 08:59 AM

Haha..his son's name is Ben Harper...

http://img.maniadb.com/images/artist/117/117606.jpg

Manic! 04-26-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 8461886)
teens will be teens. she probably gulped a Smirnoff mickey before the party.

You think a girl who drank before the party will be able to get threw RCMP security?

westopher 04-26-2014 09:18 AM

Really? You think harper got his men to give the kids a shakedown before his son's birthday party? If she wasn't blatantly shitfaced when she showed up I'm sure he wouldn't care. The thing about kids drinking, is some will have 3-4 and they are fine, and when it turns to 5-6 they go borderline retarded. Thats what likely happened.

Manic! 04-26-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8461896)
Really? You think harper got his men to give the kids a shakedown before his son's birthday party? If she wasn't blatantly shitfaced when she showed up I'm sure he wouldn't care. The thing about kids drinking, is some will have 3-4 and they are fine, and when it turns to 5-6 they go borderline retarded. Thats what likely happened.

Yes I do think the RCMP who are there to protect his family would do a check or the security for the PM is more lax than a high school dance.

If a minor is in your house you are responsible for that minor.

westopher 04-26-2014 09:48 AM

What are they going to do, give her a breathalyzer? Having a few drinks is a lot less noticeable than you seem to believe. I can't wrap my head around how you think this is so outrageous. I've been drunk at school before when I was in high school and teachers didn't notice. You show up to a party drunk, keep your shit together when you are talking to someones parents, have a couple more and its too many and bam, you are praying to the porcelain gods. Its even more likely when its a girl as it takes way less to put them over the edge.

Manic! 04-26-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8461903)
What are they going to do, give her a breathalyzer? Having a few drinks is a lot less noticeable than you seem to believe. I can't wrap my head around how you think this is so outrageous.

If she only had a few drinks she would not have ended up in the hospital.

It's outrages because it's tough on crime minimum sentence family values Harper.

check out ad 3 44 seconds in. It was a sneaky backdoor attack ad.

And this. She is a conservative plant. Her husband worked for conservative Vic Toews wo slept with his sister in law and had a child with his baby sitter . She talks about her 16 year old drinking.

meowjinboo 04-26-2014 10:26 AM

I really don't care what happens in the private homes of other people. I just wish our governments (plural) would take note of that.

vitaminG 04-26-2014 12:42 PM

Quebec border is just across the river, she could have gotten drink legally in Quebec and then showed up.

In any event who gives a fuck
Posted via RS Mobile

Manic! 04-26-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminG (Post 8461960)
Quebec border is just across the river, she could have gotten drink legally in Quebec and then showed up.

In any event who gives a fuck
Posted via RS Mobile

So how did she get to the party.

I give a crap because he is being a hypocrite.

GabAlmighty 04-26-2014 01:23 PM

Serious lack of fucks to give

Ludepower 04-26-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8461976)
So how did she get to the party.

I give a crap because he is being a hypocrite.

On a scale of who gives a fuk when comparing to other issues....you should let this one slide....brah.

Manic! 04-26-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 8461981)
On a scale of who gives a fuk when comparing to other issues....you should let this one slide....brah.

But unlike other issues this is cut and dry. In BC child protective services gets called because I father was cough speeding with his child in the passenger seat.

Bouncing Bettys 04-26-2014 05:19 PM

Social conservatives seem to believe they have a monopoly on morality issues and campaign and throw mud at their opponents all they can. If they wish to go that road, then they should expect everyone to hold them, above all others, to the moral standards they espouse. Normally I would say big deal, but Harper can't expect a pass if he and his cons want to rip on everyone who doesn't support them.