REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Stolen: Cannondale Synapse 5 105 Aluminum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694776-stolen-cannondale-synapse-5-105-aluminum.html)

UnDeadMage 04-27-2014 06:51 PM

Stolen: Cannondale Synapse 5 105 Aluminum

Hi Everyone,

Today I went for a bike ride and I went to grab something to eat with some friends. I locked up my bike on Robson Street between Denman and Bidwell. I went to Nero to eat a waffle with some friends and when I got back, my lock had been cut and my bike was stolen. It happened on April 27th, 2014 around 6:30PM. I called the non emergency VPD and reported the stolen bike.

It is a Cannondale Synapse 5 105 Aluminum frame road bike. It has Shimano 105 clipless pedals on it. It also has a slim Axiom bike rack behind it. It has two distinctive water bottle holders that match the color of the bike. It also has Continental tires. Everything else on the bike is stock. The handlebar tape near the end of right side of the handle is coming off too.

http://i.imgur.com/Cf3FLzy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bGJhlc0.jpg

I will be checking craigslist and the other regular sites to hopefully see the bike. Please look out for it and let me know if anyone spots this bike in the future.

Fafine 04-27-2014 07:14 PM

that sucks, most expensive waffle you ever had eh
will keep an eye out

multicartual 04-27-2014 07:29 PM

The west end is basically a hive of bike thieves and faggotry

Phil@rise 04-27-2014 08:02 PM

do you know the serial number?

UnDeadMage 04-27-2014 08:15 PM

I only have the original receipt from the place of purchase. Should I go back to there and find out the serial number if they still have it?

Anjew 04-27-2014 08:36 PM

we need bait bikes.

vafanculo 04-27-2014 08:37 PM

I'm not a biker but that seriously sucks dude. I hope you get the bike back and the thief gets put in ER.
Posted via RS Mobile

evlee 04-27-2014 08:41 PM

RS bait team?

SpeedStars 04-27-2014 08:44 PM

googled the bike and I found out its worth like half my car :alone: will be scoopin around on craigslist

Graeme S 04-27-2014 10:46 PM

No joke, wander the DTES. More than one friend of mine has managed to claim bikes back within a day or two.

underscore 04-27-2014 11:23 PM

Spammed it to Facebook, good luck getting your stuff back!

Stormspirit 04-28-2014 04:14 AM

why do junkies always steal bikes? i mean they're only worth so much ...

multicartual 04-28-2014 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormspirit (Post 8462688)
why do junkies always steal bikes? i mean they're only worth so much ...

Bikes are incredibly easy to sell and often work as a currency in the DTES

Also dealers can store drugs inside the hollow frames of the bikes as well

I always want to shit kick bums that I see riding around on $3,000+ dollar mountain bikes with like 10 inches of shock travel. As if you're going to be hitting big air on Hastings and Columbia. I don't think the police can just stop some guy randomly and ask him if that is his bike though.

murd0c 04-28-2014 06:35 AM

Go to Hastings and see if you can find it, a buddy I work with went to Granville island and his bike was stolen and he actually found it down on Hastings a couple hours later.

Hopefully you find it!!

multicartual 04-28-2014 07:24 AM

These dudes are right, chances are it is in the DTES being ridden by some bedbug riddled asshole dealing meth

mk1freak 04-28-2014 08:44 AM

check your receipt, usually the serial # is on it. i have a RM (not as baller as yours) and i just looked at the receipt and my serial is on it.

Drow 04-28-2014 09:03 AM

#hipsterproblems

jk

bcrdukes 04-28-2014 09:17 AM

Sorry to hear.

That's a nice bike. Keep checking Craigslist daily to see if it pops up because you never know. Offer to buy it back and call the police if/when you go and let them deal with it.

In the future, always lock your bike to somewhere close where you can keep an eye on it. Good luck!

Spidey 04-28-2014 09:20 AM

without the serial number it will be hard to prove that specific bike is yours. get the SN and add it to the police file number so it can be flagged on the database.

meme405 04-28-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8462689)
I always want to shit kick bums that I see riding around on $3,000+ dollar mountain bikes with like 10 inches of shock travel. As if you're going to be hitting big air on Hastings and Columbia. I don't think the police can just stop some guy randomly and ask him if that is his bike though.

I stopped a homeless looking dude on a rocky mountain Flatline late last summer. The bike immediately caught my eye as my friend had his almost identical model stolen earlier that summer.

Asked the guy where he got a $6000 DH sled, he just mumbled some non-sense and pulled out some ticket for riding with out his helmet on or w/e. Called the cops and they immediately put his ass in the squad car and tossed the bike in the back of a cop car and drove away.

Turned out the bike was stolen, but it wasn't my friends. W/e I hope the fact that it was easily identified as stolen and had a reported serial means that the owner actually got his bike back, rather than it going to auction or w/e.

Spidey 04-28-2014 11:49 AM

There are some shady chop shops that buy the high end bikes for parts... It's rare a bum would care the bike they ride is worth 100 or 10 000. It would actually be less heaty if they rode a crap bike rather than an expensive road bike.

thumper 04-28-2014 04:55 PM

sorry for your loss.

i know this is not yours because the ad is over a week old but i was trolling craigslist and saw this one:

Cannondale Synapse 105 Road Bike

$1000... wow :eek:

racerman88 04-28-2014 07:34 PM

Definitely check craigslist.
My buddy's bike was stolen and he saw it listed. Called and arranged a meet to buy the bike a block away from the New West cop shop and called the police as well. Cops met him there and just told him to signal them if it was his bike. As soon as the cops grabbed him, the guy said it wasn't his bike.
He got his bike back within days of it being stolen.

Pegacorn 04-28-2014 08:47 PM

I hope you get your bike back! I was going to ride my bike downtown this weekend and I was advised never to leave my bike locked up downtown unless I'm prepared for it to get stolen. I didn't believe it was that bad and then this thread showed up. What's the point of having a bike if it's not safe to leave it anywhere!?

OTG-ZR2 04-29-2014 12:55 AM

I had a bicycle stolen DT. Was worth 1/10 of OP's bike but they still stole it. Fuckers.