REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Reputable Bike shops?

Can you recommend reputable bike shops in the lower mainland? Surrey, New West, Langley etc.

I need some tune-up and shopping for a toddler balance bike. Looking for good price and friendly staff.
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,293 Times in 2,508 Posts
If you don't know of any reputable ones, MEC always seems like a perfect place to fall back on. I find their products to be of good quality, their prices reasonable, their staff knowledgeable, and their service excellent. Then again, I am most definitely not an expert on bicycles, so my recommendation would at best qualify as your average consumer recommendation (as opposed to expert advice).
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
I subscribe to Revscene

a bunch of us in the "i like to ride my bicycle" thread go to pacific multisport on main st. in vancouver. the owner and staff are great guys and usually hook it up if you drop the name of one RS member.

the more affluent guys go to shops like la bicicletta, or speed theory who have all been around a long time and have great reputations.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

The Bike Doctor on Broadway has always been good to me. I had an old beater bike fixed up there. They told me what it needed and what I might want to watch for down the road, and what might not be worth fixing for the cost. I bought a new bike from them last year and they never charge me when I roll in and ask for them to check things out and make minor adjustments. As a bonus it's also across from the MEC.
Pegacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,171 Posts
Like the other guys mentioned, Pacific Multisport is a great shop.

My bike shop in Vancouver is Dizzy Cycles, they're great guys who'll tell you what you need and not what they want to sell.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Would you trust one of those mobile bike services where they come to pick up your bike?
Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #7
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
a bunch of us in the "i like to ride my bicycle" thread go to pacific multisport on main st. in vancouver. the owner and staff are great guys and usually hook it up if you drop the name of one RS member.

the more affluent guys go to shops like la bicicletta, or speed theory who have all been around a long time and have great reputations.
I'll also recommend Pacific. My GF babysits for the people who own Different Bikes and they seem extremely nice, might be worth checking out as well.
Token is offline   Reply With Quote