REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

opinions of Liquidation Furniture in Richmond

We went I to check out their show room, but was disappointed that they didnt have mich of a showroom.
The workers there was helpful saying/showing us the types of furniture they can have brought in from their supplier. Gave us price quotes very easily.

Just wondering if anyone has bought from them? Hows the craftmenship of your product?
They mentioned a couple brands that they mostly sell, cant recall the brand right now, but ivenever heard of the brand.

Price seems very good as they claim their products are anywhere from 20-40% cheaper than big box stores. Just wondering if quality transfer to this low pricing.

Pls let me know your experiences with these guys and whether I should stay clear of them.

Thanks.
Advertisement
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I see their ad on Facebook all the time. I called them for an appointment to see some furniture and they were really nice. Haven't bought anything from them but their customer service is really good.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Yes. I see their ad on fb all the time. Read through the reviews on their page. Seems to be good. But not sure if its their friends posting them. Lol. So just wanted to see if anyone has bought from them.

They really dont have much in stock. Its all catalogs on their computer. So im not sure how reliable this is. Putting half deposit down before even seeing the product.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Is this the one with the "showroom" on the second floor?

Extremely cramped?

If so when I checked it out the furniture didn't seem like quality products.
Leather and everything looked nice but easily scratch able, and easy to fade over regular wear and tear.

People were definitely very nice and friendly though.
Asked for an availability check on a particular furniture left phone number but nobody ever got back to me.

Ended up going to The Brick
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #5
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I bought a sectional leather couch from there a couple months ago, arrived with a small tear on the underside but otherwise in good condition. Saved myself at least $700+ compared to the big furniture shops.
The owner was really nice to walk me around, it isn't really a "showroom" per se, more of a warehouse to pile up his liquidation pieces, but that's what it essentially is. He picks up liquidation furniture for cheap from around Canada and sells them for a slight markup.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #6
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
We went I to check out their show room, but was disappointed that they didnt have mich of a showroom.
The workers there was helpful saying/showing us the types of furniture they can have brought in from their supplier. Gave us price quotes very easily.

Just wondering if anyone has bought from them? Hows the craftmenship of your product?
They mentioned a couple brands that they mostly sell, cant recall the brand right now, but ivenever heard of the brand.

Price seems very good as they claim their products are anywhere from 20-40% cheaper than big box stores. Just wondering if quality transfer to this low pricing.

Pls let me know your experiences with these guys and whether I should stay clear of them.

Thanks.
I'm sorry that was just too difficult to read :P

my friend filled his apartment with furniture from there and it's been several months since then and everything is still at his place, he says he has no complaints
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #7
RS Lurker, I don't post!

1 Star Rating from Me

This is what I posted under their reviews:

We were pretty excited to get our stylish couch at a somewhat reasonable price ($1,200). It looked great and very comfortable to sit on. Unfortunately, the couch started to sink almost immediately. We made inquiries early on about this problem but they went back and fourth to various companies and no one wanted to accept responsibility so we were stuck with it. Not quite a year in, it has completed sunk in. Very disappointed at the poor workmanship of this couch as the person that sold it to us raved about it and told us that we would not have a problem with this couch sinking. We thought we were getting a deal, now we know why. In our experience, liking their page definitely did not mean we were getting a quality item.
EveeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-11-2017, 05:35 PM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Costco.

Imo Costcos furniture is unparalleled in their price vs quality. I'd buy everything from them if I had to
Old 09-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #9
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Costco.

Imo Costcos furniture is unparalleled in their price vs quality. I'd buy everything from them if I had to
yup but I also find some Ikea pieces to be ok. My coffee table is $40 and still pretty good. I mean for $40 if it breaks I just buy another one. But I could see it lasting for a while if you do care for it.

Some of my stuff I had from Ikea (20+ years ago) is still in good condition and I still use them. But given the fact back then they do have some quality stuff made with quality material with metal frame. When i was moving even the movers was having issue move them coz they were so heavy lol.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #10

Thing with most IKEA furniture that you actually sit on/in is I find it's uncomfortable. Their couches and things look pretty nice and are reasonably solid but they are hard

If you want that modern look though probably not a less expensive option
Old 09-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,470 Times in 1,148 Posts
I bought our king size bed and pocket coil mattress and couch from them, everything was pretty good quality, still using the furniture
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:03 AM   #12
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,688 Posts
Do not buy from these guys! Same thing happened to us, we purchased a sectional, and no word of a lie, the thing started sinking in by the first day we purchased it. Back of the couch snapped after sitting back on it after a few days as well.

I would NEVER buy from there again. They also flat out refused to even offer us a replacement backing for the broken piece, stick to the reputable furniture shops. At least if you run into issues, you can return the product, or have it replaced.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #13
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
I got my last 2 sectionals from Vancouver Sofa Company. Good quality leather, heavy mahogany framing. One is 10 years old and my buddy is still using it with not much signs of wear.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Got a couch from these guys about 3 years ago and its still in perfect condition. Sorry to hear about your problems guys!

I think it was about $900 delivered
Spoiler!
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #15
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
i'm also in the market for a sectional! let's talk fabric vs leather vs faux leather?

is it worth to spend the extra thousand or two for real leather? is it really much more durable and lasts longer? some people have been telling me that fabric is superior to faux leather as well, because it is more durable.

i also have a dog if that matters (that may or may not jump on the couch from time to time)
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #16
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Stay away from bonded leather. The leather starts to flake off after a few years.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #17
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
How long do you want to keep it? If you're in it for the long haul, I would go with a good quality leather. Once it becomes old, the scuffs and the wear give it a "je ne sais quoi", mature kind of feeling.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #18
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Fuck no to bonded "leather". If you want to save a few bucks just get leather with vinyl on the non-seating parts.

Leather vs fabric is personal preference.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #19
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I bought a sectional leather couch from there a couple months ago, arrived with a small tear on the underside but otherwise in good condition. Saved myself at least $700+ compared to the big furniture shops.
The owner was really nice to walk me around, it isn't really a "showroom" per se, more of a warehouse to pile up his liquidation pieces, but that's what it essentially is. He picks up liquidation furniture for cheap from around Canada and sells them for a slight markup.
Made this post about 3 years ago. My white leather sectional I got from them is still in great condition. It's used by at least 4 of my family members daily.

I think they recently moved to a bigger, more "showroom-esqe" location. Prices may have gone up a bit. I didn't see anything I liked the last time I went.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #20

problem with a place like this is they carry so many different brands and models that quality isnt guaranteed throughout
Old 04-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #21
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Sorry bringing thread back.

Gonna need all new furniture soon for the condo.
How are people able to negotiate 40% off furniture?

Scan Design and Home delight is the kinda look Im goin for I guess.
Richmond liquidation Furniture was alright. Quality isn't the greatest but prices are good.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #22
in the butt

Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
How are people able to negotiate 40% off furniture?
Rofl, all furniture stores have "40-90% off all furniture year round"

Furniture Store:
Couch > Set price to 6500$

Customer walks in, "whats your best deal"
Salesman 'We have a great deal TODAY, il take off 75%!! because we have new product coming in"
Customer "Wow! what a deal!"

Just remember, how can you tell when a salesman is lying?
When his lips are moving.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2018, 03:44 PM   #23
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

A lot of stuff is from ikea at our place but 2 pieces of furniture we spent more for quality was a natuzzi couch and a wood dining table from moes and a good mattress. But everything else we looked for bargain. Our 2 year old white natuzzi couch still looks new. I think a couch you should pay more because a good one will last u years.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: