REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   experiences with richmond honda? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695006-experiences-richmond-honda.html)

Sid Vicious 05-05-2014 10:49 AM

experiences with richmond honda?

im looking to purchased a certified pre owned car from there, but i read some google reviews on this dealership that made it look pretty negative. but id like to hear your experiences/thoughts

Bender Unit 05-05-2014 11:51 AM

They were pretty helpful in our past 3 visits.
Salesperson was Lily, Financial manager was Tina.
They helped us did 2 early lease return and new purchase.
Lease term was 3 years, but they took them back after 2 years without penalty.

asuri 05-05-2014 08:28 PM

i went there once and i was helped by the fleet manager (John i think his name was)
Really really nice guy, helped a lot and when we asked to test an accord he just threw us the keys and we took off without him following.

The only thing bad about the dealership is that they keep calling you to ask if you're interested in the car (happened like 3 times consecutively) and i got really annoyed.

Overall, it's a good place but i went to Vancouver Honda to help a friend buy an accord.
i would avoid kingsway, their dealership sucks and their people there are very negative about customers.

tru_blue 05-05-2014 10:43 PM

Lily there doesnt know jack about cars, asked her some more technical questions about the new civic and she just blanked out, all she knew were the major specs :lawl:

I would avoid going to her if You plan on buying from them

ae101 05-05-2014 11:08 PM

a friend wanted to buy a beater period (hes not a car guy, all he does is drive & once times up he trade it in)

went to richmond honda to look at the civic & he ask for test drive, dude tells him he has to bought the car in order to do a test drive, he then went wtf & walked away

that was like almost 10yrs ago, i think u go try a little farther as it would give u a better deal

PinkMuffin 05-05-2014 11:43 PM

Most dealerships in Richmond has really crappy customer service from what I think.... As my family had bad experiences with the Lexus dealership in Richmond twice (10 years gap too..) Best to go somewhere else LOL

mk1freak 05-06-2014 12:50 AM

Richmond Honda has pretty good customer service from my experience and we recently just picked up a 2014 odyssey touring.

in fact pretty happy that my bro-in-law was impressed he went to test drive a crv today and will probably purchase.
of course YMMV.

KO7 05-06-2014 05:09 AM

I got my previous car from Ira, a Filipino guy there. Super helpful and friendly, no pressure tactics. Brian from Financing, and Randy in Service were great too.

saucywoman 05-06-2014 05:11 AM

We had customers walk back out as soon as they stepped foot inside Richmond Honda because they didn't like it.

Honestly I say go see George at Carter Honda. He's the fleet manager and will take care of you

FRStan 05-06-2014 07:52 AM

Walked in looking to buy the new Civic, didn't get any service. Had to ask Lily for a brochure... She sighed and went to grab it. Went elsewhere to buy.

freeurmind69 05-06-2014 08:01 AM

brought a few cars over the years... 2006 Civic Si, 2009 Fit, been dealing with a gentlemen name Ricky Leung, a nice guy, answered all the questions we had. just need to talk the price down but at the end he was able to get us a reasonable price and even thru in some extras....floor mats and trunk tray.

hope this helps.

ilvtofu 05-06-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru_blue (Post 8467226)
Lily there doesnt know jack about cars, asked her some more technical questions about the new civic and she just blanked out, all she knew were the major specs :lawl:

Lol my friend dealt with her last time ~4-5 years ago buying an Accord coupe and this is absolutely true. All that really mattered was she knew more than my friend's mom although I found that she kinda sounds like those ladies who sell veggies in chinatown. Overall was a positive experience for my friend's family.

terkan 05-06-2014 11:16 AM

Richmond Honda is terrible on their certified used car.. my friend bought one there last August. it was missing the keys for the wheel lock and they made her pay for it as it wasn't "included" when the last person traded it in.. and she only found out when she had a flat tire and had to get it towed coz they can't remove the wheel to change it. Also her vehicle had the front driver/passenger side windows tinted.. she didn't know it was illegal as she just came here. got a ticket for it. Richmond honda actually managed to say it was her fault she didn't check the car when she bought it and say she must have put it on herself afterward coz there's no way they'll sell a hard that's not street legal.. which was not the case.. coz she was complaining about it coz the car had like a 5% or 20% tint on it which she can barely see out of and eventually removed it all. tried to find pictures of the car showing the car had front windows tinted while it was still at the lot and what do you know.. every pictures available have the front windows fully opened so you can't see it.. and they trashed all the paper records with pictures of the car at the store... there's 2 sales manager one asian and one white.. i overheard the white guy say typical asians, trying to rip us off... um they technically sold my friend a non street legal car and then tried to blame my friend trying to rip them off and steal money from them.. so i'd stay away from them or i'd do a full inspection of the car and make sure all your pieces that's suppose to be there are there before signing off on it.

Sid Vicious 05-06-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terkan (Post 8467397)
Richmond Honda is terrible on their certified used car.. my friend bought one there last August. it was missing the keys for the wheel lock and they made her pay for it as it wasn't "included" when the last person traded it in.. and she only found out when she had a flat tire and had to get it towed coz they can't remove the wheel to change it. Also her vehicle had the front driver/passenger side windows tinted.. she didn't know it was illegal as she just came here. got a ticket for it. Richmond honda actually managed to say it was her fault she didn't check the car when she bought it and say she must have put it on herself afterward coz there's no way they'll sell a hard that's not street legal.. which was not the case.. coz she was complaining about it coz the car had like a 5% or 20% tint on it which she can barely see out of and eventually removed it all. tried to find pictures of the car showing the car had front windows tinted while it was still at the lot and what do you know.. every pictures available have the front windows fully opened so you can't see it.. and they trashed all the paper records with pictures of the car at the store... there's 2 sales manager one asian and one white.. i overheard the white guy say typical asians, trying to rip us off... um they technically sold my friend a non street legal car and then tried to blame my friend trying to rip them off and steal money from them.. so i'd stay away from them or i'd do a full inspection of the car and make sure all your pieces that's suppose to be there are there before signing off on it.

tbh, that just sounds like your friends a moron

Simplex123 05-06-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru_blue (Post 8467226)

QFT

Went there to test drive the Accord last year. She didn't know her trims and was telling me all the wrong details.

Went to Anthony at Pacific Honda instead. Had a great experience and got a good deal.

GLOW 05-06-2014 01:06 PM

this Lily person seems to be getting bad reviews on here :lol

donjalapeno 05-06-2014 04:17 PM

Go to West Wood Honda and ask for hooshie.

MTV Cribs 05-07-2014 01:34 AM

Ok now I have to know if this Lily is hot?

MaaaadMan 05-07-2014 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTV Cribs (Post 8467823)

No.

yray 05-07-2014 07:05 AM

^ no posting pics of locals :troll:

Harvey Specter 05-07-2014 03:36 PM

I got a leased Civic from Richmond Honda over ayear ago, walked away with a crazy deal which no other dealer could match. I dealt with the muslim dude, he was really helpful and very friendly.

Bender Unit 05-07-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Hell No, Lily is a 50+ C-Lai

FRStan 05-07-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

:heckno:

vyrospec 05-07-2014 07:47 PM

My parents purchased a CRV from her as well a few years back. She does match ilvtofu's description as a veggie vendor. :lawl:

sexyaccord 05-07-2014 08:09 PM

good experience when i got my accord there, but that was 14 years ago