REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Border Tire LLC?

anyone shipped their order from tire rack to Border Tire LLC (blaine, wa) for mounting? They are one of the affiliated shops on their website.

I am hoping to get tires from tire rack and then get them installed in blaine before coming back to safe the trip to get it installed back home...
Advertisement
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Slightly on subject but Discount Tire Direct is usually cheaper than tire rack, but not in all cases obvs. Just a heads up to check their pricing as well. Good luck!

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
I am Hook'd on RS

I shipped it down to Border Tire and had them install it as well. Prices seemed cheaper (they're on the tire rack website). ~$15/tire mount&balance I believe. I went down at a busy time, so I spent an hour waiting at the border and another waiting for them to finish up. So if you have some time to spare, go at an off peak time and it should not take too long.

Saves the headache of bringing it back, and finding another shop.
Rainei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
So what exactly do you want to know... You ship them there, you drive there, they instal, you drive back. Where's the gap in information?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Walmart (in Bellingham) install is cheaper than Border Tire. I had my tires shipped to Hagens, pick up, drive to WM, drop off car, do groceries, pick up car. No fuss No muss.

I bought my tires from tires-easy.com

+1 for Discount Tire as well.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Check 1010Tires as well, sometimes offers pricing that TireRack Wholesale couldn't even match at cost.

And remember TireRack = USD, 1010Tires = CAD
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
So what exactly do you want to know... You ship them there, you drive there, they instal, you drive back. Where's the gap in information?
Just wanted people's input to see if they do a good job on the mounting (e.g. taking care of the rims to avoid damaging them during install..)
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote