REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
If people are going to be angry about the use of "slope" shouldn't they be getting mad at the BBC for airing it more than Clarkson for saying it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Its like when RKelly peed on and banged that 13/14yr old fans came out to defend him and now he's back to making MV's
How are a few racist terms ANYTHING like raping a minor?
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #27
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If people are going to be angry about the use of "slope" shouldn't they be getting mad at the BBC for airing it more than Clarkson for saying it?
ppl are BBC apologized JC and TG team memberss said either nothing or "dont know what you're talking about"

Quote:

How are a few racist terms ANYTHING like raping a minor?
you fail to see the similarity of fans making excuses for a celebrity after getting away with something abhorrent?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #28

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
If I'm reading the article right and your post correctly: he needs to get his life "in order" cause he uses the F word, C word and sometimes the N word?

I'm sure most of us have and you yourself have as well lol
He has been having a open affair with Phillipa Sage for the last 3 years and only living at home on the weekends. Phillipa Sage also works for top Gear. His wife after 3 years is now seeing another man. Looks like they are getting a divorce. His personal life has crossed over to his professional life.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
He has been having a open affair with Phillipa Sage for the last 3 years and only living at home on the weekends. Phillipa Sage also works for top Gear. His wife after 3 years is now seeing another man. Looks like they are getting a divorce. His personal life has crossed over to his professional life.
How has this at all crossed into his professional life?

(This is an honest question, as I only really watch top gear, and not much else of the thousand things he does).

It's not like he is becoming Charlie Sheen. I don't see how him Saying the N word (or alledgedly mumbling it), has anything to do with him fucking someone besides his wife?

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
How has this at all crossed into his professional life?

(This is an honest question, as I only really watch top gear, and not much else of the thousand things he does).

It's not like he is becoming Charlie Sheen. I don't see how him Saying the N word (or alledgedly mumbling it), has anything to do with him fucking someone besides his wife?
Because he is/has been sleeping with people that work for top gear or oversee top gear.

He had an affair with Elaine Bedell who lead the team responsible for top gear and other shows. She does not work for the BBC anymore. Now he is having an affair with Top gear events organizer Phillipa Sage. Who travels with Top hear when they do events around the world.

Also look at this: BBC sacks DJ for playing 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On'... because he accidentally played original version with the 'N' word

R
Old 05-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #31

Quote:
ppl are BBC apologized JC and TG team memberss said either nothing or "dont know what you're talking about"
Then why is the article about Clarkson?

Quote:
you fail to see the similarity of fans making excuses for a celebrity after getting away with something abhorrent?
I see that similarity, but the cases are completely different. Defending someone who *may* have mumbled a racist term in a deleted take is completely different from defending someone who raped a minor.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 05-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Then why is the article about Clarkson?
because the bbc apologized and tg denies anything happened and now there's the "new" incident with the eeny meeny miney moe issue

Quote:
I see that similarity, but the cases are completely different. Defending someone who *may* have mumbled a racist term in a deleted take is completely different from defending someone who raped a minor.
certainly the cases are different but the mindset of the fans aren't as they've been defending him not only through this arguably minor incident but all of them
this latest incident on its own could be forgiven by most, i agree, but on top of the past issues? come on
Old 05-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #33

What past issues? That he can be mildly offensive to some?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #34
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Boooooo. People are just overly sensitive and the British media tends to blow everything out of proportion just for sensationalism. Seriously, it's like Fox News over there.

I didn't even know that the N-word was part of that rhyme but...even if he said it, the context wasn't offensive to anyone not specifically looking for an excuse to be offended.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #35

Quote:
What past issues? That he can be mildly offensive to some?
the other racist remarks

the news right now is about the N word, then there's the asian derogatory term, the mexican remarks

then the fact that he used to sell blackface toys

have you been paying attention at all?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #36
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I just can't imagine Top Gear without Jeremy, if he is fired I probably won't watch, it won't be the same.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #37

Quote:
the other racist remarks

the news right now is about the N word, then there's the asian derogatory term, the mexican remarks

I have been, but if his horrendous list of offenses (sarcasm) is a misheard mumble, one offhand derogatory comment about Asians, and some comments about Mexico he's hardly a racist.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #38
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
the other racist remarks

Never heard of the blackface toys thing before, and even looking online doesn't really yield any results. As for having an affair, who cares? That's personal life shit, not something the public really needs to know about... unless you're an avid reader of The Star.

The quote, "I'm not racist; I simply hate everyone equally" works well for Jeremy. He's not going on air saying he only hates gays or blacks or Asians or whatever... he insults literally everyone "In the world." He even makes tons of comments against Britons and American, and most of us just laugh at those ones. It's a little hypocritical to say that he needs to go for comments G, H and I, when we're willing to overlook comments A, B and C.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #39
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
... because he says fuck, cunt and maybe nigger? wat
I think the c-word Clarkson is referring to is "cock".
Old 05-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
He even makes tons of comments against Britons and American, and most of us just laugh at those ones.
I think he's made fun of nearly every city/region of the UK at some point or another in the show, Canadians, the French, Germans, Italians, etc, etc, etc. He even did a show in the early 2000's where he visited mainland Europe to see if the stereotypes about certain countries are true.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Never heard of the blackface toys thing before, and even looking online doesn't really yield any results. As for having an affair, who cares? That's personal life shit, not something the public really needs to know about... unless you're an avid reader of The Star.

Jeremy Clarkson: Top Gear presenter 'loved' selling controversial racist golliwog toys for his family firm - Mirror Online

Having an affair is a problem when it's with people you work for or work for you.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #42

Quote:
Clarkson was a salesman for Gabrielle Designs in the early 1980s.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #43

Quote:

He then went to work for his parents’ firm as a sales rep.

“One of the lines he sold was the golliwog. He even gave me one.

“He had no embarrassment at all about the fact he was selling golliwogs,” she added.

“In fact, he loved it.

"I do remember there was a lot of mirth and merriment because they weren’t allowed to call them golliwogs anymore, they had to call them gollies.

“I can remember a conversation round the kitchen table. Jeremy and his family thought it was hilarious and just made light of it.

Jeremy Clarkson: Top Gear presenter 'loved' selling controversial racist golliwog toys for his family firm - Mirror Online
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

He is also going to get hosed in the divorce since his wife is also his manager.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Rich guy gets slightly less rich.

Oh noes
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Rich guy gets slightly less rich.

Oh noes
Well he is worth something like 30 mill now. His wife takes 1/2 plus child support. But she is also his manager and helped build is career. Was he paying her fair market value? She could get more money for that. Now if he gets fired from Top Gear he will lose a lot of money and you think his GF will keep working at top gear? Guess he will have to start paying for her too.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #46
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Wow, didn't know about his family background. Seems like all his enemies are digging up everything and anything to basically get him canned from the BBC.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #47
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
He then went to work for his parents’ firm as a sales rep.

“One of the lines he sold was the golliwog. He even gave me one.

“He had no embarrassment at all about the fact he was selling golliwogs,” she added.

“In fact, he loved it.

"I do remember there was a lot of mirth and merriment because they weren’t allowed to call them golliwogs anymore, they had to call them gollies.

“I can remember a conversation round the kitchen table. Jeremy and his family thought it was hilarious and just made light of it.

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

He is also going to get hosed in the divorce since his wife is also his manager.
Okay, so he sold a controversial stuffy. That's not proof that he's a racist or anything.

This is like election time when opposing parties dig up as much dirt as they can on their opponents, no matter how old or irrelevant. I despise it because it generally has no bearing on anything.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #48
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
He sold a doll linked to blackface minstrel days so it's hard to believe he isn't somewhat racist.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #49
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
All the people offended should stop downloading the show in protest.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #50
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
The world would be a better place if people weren't so uptight. Why be offended by anything?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote