REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   Unlocking through service provider (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695246-unlocking-through-service-provider.html)

SSM_DC5 05-14-2014 11:14 AM

Unlocking through service provider

So I just got off the phone with a Fido CSR. Asked about unlocking one of their phones. and she said that I run the risk of having it re-locked again when i put in a non-Fido sim card resulting in problems getting back onto the Fido network when i put a Fido sim card back in.

In addition, i do run into problems with the phone being locked, i gotta send it to the manufacture to get it straighten out.

Is there some truth to this or is it just a sales tactic to get me to pay ridiculous prices for travel packages?

m3thods 05-14-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 (Post 8471384)
So I just got off the phone with a Fido CSR. Asked about unlocking one of their phones. and she said that I run the risk of having it re-locked again when i put in a non-Fido sim card resulting in problems getting back onto the Fido network when i put a Fido sim card back in.

In addition, i do run into problems with the phone being locked, i gotta send it to the manufacture to get it straighten out.

Is there some truth to this or is it just a sales tactic to get me to pay ridiculous prices for travel packages?

Complete garbage. They just want you to stay on.

Just get the unlock code online: Unlock Samsung IPhone Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

I think if crackbb50 or bb50 still works for 50% off. Do a quick google search to verify the code. Don't pay full price as there are a couple of codes lying around online.

Mr.HappySilp 05-14-2014 12:20 PM

I got a S4 paid $50 unlock fee (with $25 credit after 2 months) using fido as well and once the phone is unlock it stays unlock.

SSM_DC5 05-14-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8471410)
I got a S4 paid $50 unlock fee (with $25 credit after 2 months) using fido as well and once the phone is unlock it stays unlock.

how'd u get the $25 credit?

Mr.HappySilp 05-14-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 (Post 8471435)
how'd u get the $25 credit?

I sign a 2yr contract and I was given the option if I have my phone unlock I would get a $25 credit on my bill. I had to pay $50 up front but gets a credit on my bill which is the same thing.

m3thods 05-14-2014 03:15 PM

Is there any particular reason it has to be done with the service provider? cellunlock.net is cheaper than $25 (or $50 if you can't get the credit) after using one of the many discount codes. I've used them most recently for my S3 (before the free unlock was found) and it was easy and painless.

FerrariEnzo 05-14-2014 11:45 PM

its free after 2 year :troll:

E.D.C.5 05-15-2014 12:47 AM

I had to go HK for a few weeks, so I got my S4 unlocked for $50. After I got back, I popped in my Rogers sim card and it was all gooood.

Psykopathik 05-21-2014 11:18 AM

unlocks via code or Apple are permanent.

hacks are not always permanent