REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,166 Times in 473 Posts
Unlocking through service provider

So I just got off the phone with a Fido CSR. Asked about unlocking one of their phones. and she said that I run the risk of having it re-locked again when i put in a non-Fido sim card resulting in problems getting back onto the Fido network when i put a Fido sim card back in.

In addition, i do run into problems with the phone being locked, i gotta send it to the manufacture to get it straighten out.

Is there some truth to this or is it just a sales tactic to get me to pay ridiculous prices for travel packages?
Advertisement
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
So I just got off the phone with a Fido CSR. Asked about unlocking one of their phones. and she said that I run the risk of having it re-locked again when i put in a non-Fido sim card resulting in problems getting back onto the Fido network when i put a Fido sim card back in.

In addition, i do run into problems with the phone being locked, i gotta send it to the manufacture to get it straighten out.

Is there some truth to this or is it just a sales tactic to get me to pay ridiculous prices for travel packages?
Complete garbage. They just want you to stay on.

Just get the unlock code online: Unlock Samsung IPhone Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

I think if crackbb50 or bb50 still works for 50% off. Do a quick google search to verify the code. Don't pay full price as there are a couple of codes lying around online.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I got a S4 paid $50 unlock fee (with $25 credit after 2 months) using fido as well and once the phone is unlock it stays unlock.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,166 Times in 473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I got a S4 paid $50 unlock fee (with $25 credit after 2 months) using fido as well and once the phone is unlock it stays unlock.
how'd u get the $25 credit?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
how'd u get the $25 credit?
I sign a 2yr contract and I was given the option if I have my phone unlock I would get a $25 credit on my bill. I had to pay $50 up front but gets a credit on my bill which is the same thing.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Is there any particular reason it has to be done with the service provider? cellunlock.net is cheaper than $25 (or $50 if you can't get the credit) after using one of the many discount codes. I've used them most recently for my S3 (before the free unlock was found) and it was easy and painless.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
its free after 2 year
Old 05-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I had to go HK for a few weeks, so I got my S4 unlocked for $50. After I got back, I popped in my Rogers sim card and it was all gooood.
Posted via RS Mobile
E.D.C.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #9
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

unlocks via code or Apple are permanent.

hacks are not always permanent