REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:02 AM   #26
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Are they 9-5 peasants though?
Advertisement
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #27
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

If you think that's annoying.
Try speaking to those that are living near the construction of the Evergreen line in Port Moody.

Really can't do anything if it's in reasonable hours.
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #28
RS controls my life!

thats not as bad as having dumbass neighbors that mow their fucken lawns at 10pm and leafblowers
Old 05-15-2014, 03:23 AM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Respect your elders
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
If you think it is annoying, you should speak with him rather than posting on RS.
Buy him a cake, speak with him nicely
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
OPs neighbor

Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #32
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Is he making the noise consistently after 8pm or on Sundays?
Every year I've moved into my current home, summer time, practically everyday and regardless Sunday or not and even past 8pm.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #33
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
This thread hurts my head.

Seriously, if it annoys you THAT much, talk with your neighbour. 99.9999999999999% of the population will not take offence to the fact that their actions may be bothering other people. If he's actually 80, then chances are his hearing is going so he's possibly unaware just how loud the noise is. I genuinely doubt you'll find yourself the victim of a burning bag of dog shit on your front door as a result of talking to him.

Man up.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 07:42 AM   #34

Thank you everyone for the responses. I've been living at my current home for a few years and I've let this excessive noise problem go for many years. Reason I am bringing this up now is because my dad just recently retired and he can't enjoy the comfort to rest at home from this noise and having our windows shut in the hot summer due to this old guy's nuisance.

This old guy isn't friendly as his daughters visit him once every two weeks and his grand kids every few months, that speaks volume in terms of his character. You guys are probably correct, he's 80+ and most likely won't attack me if I confront him about it. I'm going to monitor this noise situation over the next little while since summer just kinda started.

Yes, his backyard filled with junk crap everywhere. Winter months, rats running around everywhere in the neighborhood. Definitely a health concern.

The old guy doesn't have a building permit as he's not really "renovating". He's simply cutting up wood and pipes, painting them and then cuts that same piece of wood and pipe over and over again because he has nothing to do. He's so old that he never/can't leave his house. What does one really "renovating/building" that requires them to do it everyday, all summer long? If he has a building permit, then I am cool with that since I can't do much about that, but because he doesn't.

He's not the only neighbor being as ass at the moment on a side note, I got some other neighbors putting plastic buckets in front of their houses to prevent people from parking, as though the city street is entitled to them because it's in front of their house.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-15-2014, 07:47 AM   #35
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
This old guy isn't friendly as his daughters visit him once every two weeks and his grand kids every few months, that speaks volume in terms of his character.

You can't really judge him by that I haven't seen my dad in over 2 years I see my mom maybe twice a year and I like them both a lot mind you they live kinda far now. Even when they were a 10 minute drive away I only seen them maybe once every couple months. People get busy and have their own lives it's usually not intentional but that's just the way it works out.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 08:06 AM   #36
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I don't get what this means
bwahahahahaha..................

We need link to pie plate thread, LOL.

danned?
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #37
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
You can't really judge him by that I haven't seen my dad in over 2 years I see my mom maybe twice a year and I like them both a lot mind you they live kinda far now. Even when they were a 10 minute drive away I only seen them maybe once every couple months. People get busy and have their own lives it's usually not intentional but that's just the way it works out.
This doesnt sound normal though.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Came in to make fun of multicartual and his noise thread, but 320icar and ZoidBerg already got to it before me...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #39

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Seeing parents every couple months? Most of my friends are the same. I don't see mine that much now because they live halfway across the Country but like I said even when they were here it was maybe once every two months give or take. Maybe myself and all my friends are not normal.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #40
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I don't get what this means
http://www.revscene.net/forums/58286...rker-here.html

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #41
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
That sounds pretty normal to me. I'm guess most on here still live at home with parents and thats why. The original poster's neighbor daughters sees him twice a month, that would seem they have a pretty good relationship still. As you get older or move out, you're just not going to see your parents in person as much anymore as you're own life gets busier, move to different cities/countries and even your parents life changes when their kids move out, they might start travelling or taking up new hobbies, etc...

Even if you're in nearby cities, while its nice to try and arrange weekly visits/dinners, I find most only see their immediate family a couple times a month at most. To me that seems to be the norm as both you and your parents get older and you move out.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #42
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Thank you everyone for the responses. I've been living at my current home for a few years and I've let this excessive noise problem go for many years. Reason I am bringing this up now is because my dad just recently retired and he can't enjoy the comfort to rest at home from this noise and having our windows shut in the hot summer due to this old guy's nuisance.

This old guy isn't friendly as his daughters visit him once every two weeks and his grand kids every few months, that speaks volume in terms of his character. You guys are probably correct, he's 80+ and most likely won't attack me if I confront him about it. I'm going to monitor this noise situation over the next little while since summer just kinda started.

Yes, his backyard filled with junk crap everywhere. Winter months, rats running around everywhere in the neighborhood. Definitely a health concern.

The old guy doesn't have a building permit as he's not really "renovating". He's simply cutting up wood and pipes, painting them and then cuts that same piece of wood and pipe over and over again because he has nothing to do. He's so old that he never/can't leave his house. What does one really "renovating/building" that requires them to do it everyday, all summer long? If he has a building permit, then I am cool with that since I can't do much about that, but because he doesn't.

He's not the only neighbor being as ass at the moment on a side note, I got some other neighbors putting plastic buckets in front of their houses to prevent people from parking, as though the city street is entitled to them because it's in front of their house.
Have you tried... Talking to him? Maybe that's all he needs/wants, someone to talk to. Fuck he's a human being for christ sake not some evil entity to stay away from and let "professionals" handle.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #43
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
That sounds pretty normal to me. I'm guess most on here still live at home with parents and thats why. The original poster's neighbor daughters sees him twice a month, that would seem they have a pretty good relationship still. As you get older or move out, you're just not going to see your parents in person as much anymore as you're own life gets busier, move to different cities/countries and even your parents life changes when their kids move out, they might start travelling or taking up new hobbies, etc...

Even if you're in nearby cities, while its nice to try and arrange weekly visits/dinners, I find most only see their immediate family a couple times a month at most. To me that seems to be the norm as both you and your parents get older and you move out.
Interesting. I don't think I would be able to pull this off. I can definitely understand if you live way far out from them though. If you lived at home, I can't see what the excuse would be there.

Usually have to hit up the parentals on both sides at least once every two weeks. I can't say its a good or bad thing.

Last edited by Expresso; 05-15-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Have you tried... Talking to him? Maybe that's all he needs/wants, someone to talk to. Fuck he's a human being for christ sake not some evil entity to stay away from and let "professionals" handle.

If it were me, I would chat up the old man and see if he needs help with the backyard. Maybe he's too old to tackle cleaning it up himself and he's depressed because he thinks his neighbors hate him. I ain't above putting on gloves and stepping in rat shit!

Gab, reading through this thread it should be obvious how much contempt people in this city have for each other!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #45
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
I just reread some of the posts from that thread. Holy cow! I had forgotten how stupid that thread was.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Came in to make fun of multicartual and his noise thread, but 320icar and ZoidBerg already got to it before me...

I am getting a resonator installed at Racing Greed right now just so I don't annoy my neighbors when I leave to write at the Naam in Kits around 3 AM

Oh shit who am I kidding it's STILL going to be loud as fuck I bet
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #47
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
My wife and I have dinner with my parents every monday night, and her parents every wednesday night, but this takes a huge commitment, and isn't always convenient for us.

Most of my other friends only see their parents/in-laws 1-2 times a month, some even less. So I would say it is normal to not see your parents every week, since doing so takes quite a bit of effort.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #48
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
I have this neighbor (80+ year old guy) that is constantly making "excessive noise" everyday from morning to night. It's summer time and he's always cutting wood, metal pipes or hammering away in his backyard. I understand that everyone may have renovations to do during summer time with the nice weather, but in this case, everyday is a bit excessive? My home is hot and can't seem to open my windows as the noise and dust clouds come into my home. His backyard is a junk yard with "crap" everywhere and he obviously isn't a construction worker with permit to operate with all that noise. To me, if he's going to be cutting material and hammering away from morning to late evening, he should be doing that inside his house to reduce the amount of noise to surrounding homes.

I don't believe confronting them would work because this neighbor doesn't like every one else that lives around him, that's why he doesn't seem to give a "crap" about making noise as majority of our neighbors ethnicity isn't of this 80+ year old guy. Also coupled by the fact, I don't want any tension buildup as this neighbor might take things personal if I confront them.

Would going to city of Vancouver be an option?
first thing i thought of..

Old 05-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #49

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
My wife and I have dinner with my parents every monday night, and her parents every wednesday night, but this takes a huge commitment, and isn't always convenient for us.

Most of my other friends only see their parents/in-laws 1-2 times a month, some even less. So I would say it is normal to not see your parents every week, since doing so takes quite a bit of effort.
Like you, I also have a designated night to see my parents, and another to see the in-laws. We all live within 30 mins of each other, so I guess there is no excuse. The bonus is that dinner for that night is covered!

My mom would be pissed if I saw her only once a month! I find her stance on this annoying at times - I believe that parents should "let their sons go" to start/manage their own family.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #50

I am posting here to see if others have encountered such situations or even similar situations and I'm just looking at my options. For those that think I should man up and don't be a pussy and confront. Easier said than done since I've had previous encounters with this idiot neighbor; hence, I don't want to add "salt" to things and taking cautious steps. If he was reasonable in the previous encounters, I wouldn't be here posting