REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #51
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Thank you everyone for the responses. I've been living at my current home for a few years and I've let this excessive noise problem go for many years. Reason I am bringing this up now is because my dad just recently retired and he can't enjoy the comfort to rest at home from this noise and having our windows shut in the hot summer due to this old guy's nuisance.

This old guy isn't friendly as his daughters visit him once every two weeks and his grand kids every few months, that speaks volume in terms of his character. You guys are probably correct, he's 80+ and most likely won't attack me if I confront him about it. I'm going to monitor this noise situation over the next little while since summer just kinda started.

Yes, his backyard filled with junk crap everywhere. Winter months, rats running around everywhere in the neighborhood. Definitely a health concern.

The old guy doesn't have a building permit as he's not really "renovating". He's simply cutting up wood and pipes, painting them and then cuts that same piece of wood and pipe over and over again because he has nothing to do. He's so old that he never/can't leave his house. What does one really "renovating/building" that requires them to do it everyday, all summer long? If he has a building permit, then I am cool with that since I can't do much about that, but because he doesn't.

He's not the only neighbor being as ass at the moment on a side note, I got some other neighbors putting plastic buckets in front of their houses to prevent people from parking, as though the city street is entitled to them because it's in front of their house.

Holy fuck you do nothing but ridicule this guy and make him sound like some crazy evil monster but it sounds like you've never once spoken to him before (and its been going on for years?) ! holy shit it makes you sound like the shut-in asshole who hates his neighbours, not him
Advertisement
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #52
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Maybe you're just over-analyzing everything op. Just go talk to him in a friendly way!

I was really upset when my neighbours 5 year old kid came up to me to inform me that their parents called the cops, because my car is too loud. I would have very appreciated it if they told me before informing the authorities and talking to me face to face, instead of his kid telling me.

If you really did have bad encounters with him before hand, then I don't see why you posted here asking for opinions. You would have called the city on him already, you wouldn't be seeking justifications for your actions.

Last edited by 46_valentinor; 05-15-2014 at 08:48 PM.
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #53
WOAH...shut the music off...

Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
If it were me, I would chat up the old man and see if he needs help with the backyard. Maybe he's too old to tackle cleaning it up himself and he's depressed because he thinks his neighbors hate him. I ain't above putting on gloves and stepping in rat shit!
but then you'd probably have to travel to East Van where the unwashed masses reside

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #54
MOD

Thanked 7,101 Times in 1,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightKeeper View Post
If you think that's annoying.
Try speaking to those that are living near the construction of the Evergreen line in Port Moody.

Really can't do anything if it's in reasonable hours.
yup, evergreen line is exempt from the noise bylaw.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I am posting here to see if others have encountered such situations or even similar situations and I'm just looking at my options. For those that think I should man up and don't be a pussy and confront. Easier said than done since I've had previous encounters with this idiot neighbor; hence, I don't want to add "salt" to things and taking cautious steps. If he was reasonable in the previous encounters, I wouldn't be here posting
Trying to figure out a response without screaming at you has hurt my head.

Either go talk to him, or call the city. The city will only give him a "fine" if he's making excessive noise after hours. Otherwise they will come by, laugh and go away.

Possible solution: Sit there and glare at him while he cuts his wood/pipes. Nobody likes a creeper who just sits there and stares at you.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #56
WOAH...shut the music off...

Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Possible solution: Sit there and glare at him while he cuts his wood/pipes. Nobody likes a creeper who just sits there and stares at you.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #57
(ノ _ )ノ彡┻━┻

is it as annoying as that rs'ers neighbour with the hanging pans and shit?

i wAnder if he ever solved the situation, will investigate.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #58
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,418 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46_valentinor View Post
I was really upset when my neighbours 5 year old kid came up to me to inform me that their parents called the cops, because my car is too loud. I would have very appreciated it if they told me before informing the authorities and talking to me face to face, instead of his kid telling me.
This. I had a neighbor who called the city to tow my car because I was parked in "his" spot. Luckily, I didn't get towed (as my car is of course registered to my house) since I was doing nothing wrong, but I was pretty peeved with the bylaw officer knocked on my door to aware me. Now, I still park in his spot because I'm more upset than anything he didn't go to me first, and STILL doesn't admit it when I see him in passing.

Just talk to your neighbor, don't be the asshole that every block has who calls the authorities BEFORE communicating with them face-to-face. It's different if they look like Hells Angels or some shit involving drugs/violence, but 99% of the time they will at least give you a good reason or try to compromise.... not to hate on you or anything, but you sound a lot like the neighbor who called the city on me. Don't be "that guy".
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2014, 01:46 AM   #59
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Try this approach, but keep an eye on your air bags

SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote