REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Worse delivery compnay you experience with (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695282-worse-delivery-compnay-you-experience.html)

Mr.HappySilp 05-15-2014 07:44 PM

Worse delivery compnay you experience with

When getting a package I always have good experience with fedex and purolator. Canada post seems ok but DHL seems like the worse.

For me both time when I use DHL my package was late and was not deliver. I check the online status and even though it said delivery attempted but no one is home. I am sure they didn't come because both times someone is at home. Not to mention when I call in the agents basically have no idea where my packages are and isn't even sure if the drivers have it or which drivers have it or when it will get delivery. Their answer pretty said well if it is not here today it will be there tomorrow. Not to mention their call center hourse are 9amt o 5pm so it is hard to get a hold of them.

Which delivery company is the worse for you and why.

46_valentinor 05-15-2014 07:56 PM

I love dhl. international shipping is very quick and I only got charged for handling fee once and it was pay-on-demand. Quick and straightforward. Tracking is always up to date. Shipped many packages internationally, absolutely no problem. I think its area specific, but I usually get packages from DHL late in the afternoon, early evening.

Canada post, is alright. I don't like their tracking system for international inbound though, very very slow at updating the package's progress.

Fedex is the worst. I got charged for brokerage many years ago for ordering something that was 50 dollars from the states. Got charged 36 dollars for brokerage fee and they send you a bill 2 weeks later. It also happened recently, where my package was declared at 20USD and I got taxed i think 1 dollar or something, so they can charge me the 10.99 (or w/e it is) handling and brokerage fee. Again, they send you the bill 2 weeks later. All in all, I used fedex probably 3 times max and 2/3 times I get dinged.

bomiheko 05-15-2014 08:09 PM

Fedex is good if shipping in Canada. Fedex always charges me brokerage fees and that's like $10. Sucks if you're buying cheap things. I love Purolator and Canada post, always delivers on time and don't actually charge me anything, not even taxes. UPS is hit and miss for me.

Recon604 05-15-2014 08:10 PM

DHL is pretty good imo, very fast international deliveries. The worst is UPS, I remember after receiving my package from the driver, I thought everything was good. It was like a cheap item and after a week, I got a bill from them in my mail for brokerage fee. Phoned them why I got charged and they had me give them my cc number.

fliptuner 05-15-2014 08:11 PM

+1, UPS is the worst on the list

Jmac 05-15-2014 08:14 PM

I always use Purolator when I have an option.

UPS blows and I've had a few issues with FedEx.

GLOW 05-15-2014 08:17 PM

ups blows, so does fedex

Akinari 05-15-2014 08:19 PM

I've had nothing but untimely experiences with Canada Post, they are definitely the worst offender for me.

I've always shipped with UPS and Fedex, never had a single issue. Believe me, I buy A LOT of things online. Fedex customer service has been stellar, and UPS is almost always early to arrive. Mind you, I use Fedex for US to Canada shipments, and UPS for US to US shipments to my Blaine address.

I shipped HIDs from China with DHL before. Very fast, but it doesn't help that the closest DHL office is in the downtown core, which is a 45 minute drive from home for me. Wish they had more offices.

GabAlmighty 05-15-2014 08:20 PM

Down with UPS!

knight604 05-15-2014 08:24 PM

Usually UPS is the worst...

DHL FTW though.

FerrariEnzo 05-15-2014 08:25 PM

UPS... ordered twice from Google.. both times the guy just left it at the door.. no knocking/doorbell...

ae101 05-15-2014 08:26 PM

i find it surprising that UPS is not on the poll lol

murd0c 05-15-2014 08:32 PM

UPS

SeedBNR 05-15-2014 09:11 PM

UPS is the fucking worst
Never had any problems with Canada Post or Purolator

Jaffray 05-15-2014 09:22 PM

Don't know why everyone is saying UPS is worst... I personally never had problems with them. Same to Canada Post, USPS etc. In fact, DHL is the worst for me. It took them 4 weeks JUST to begin shipping my shipment. Don't know why...

jaguar604 05-15-2014 09:35 PM

UPS

quasi 05-15-2014 09:36 PM

When I worked for my dads company I had UPS lose a $150,000 cheque I was having over nighted from Toronto, total clusterfuck. They said it was somewhere, ended up not being there then it ended up being found in a truck like 5 days later.

The worst part is everytime I called to find the status I got a different answer as to what happened to it.

Harvey Specter 05-15-2014 09:41 PM

DHL because they always mess up the paperwork for duties owed.

jeedee 05-15-2014 09:44 PM

USPS FTW

Fuck UPS

pb.kidz 05-15-2014 10:05 PM

UPS and their fucking bulshit duties/customs fees

TOPEC 05-15-2014 10:13 PM

Had 1 issue with Canada Post. delivery day 9am, mail man at my door, rang door bell once but was sleeping, then rang the second time n I faintly heard it since i was asleep, then realizing it might be my package i jumped out of bed put on a shirt n ran down stairs. opened the door n no one was there, so i look arnd n see the mail man pop his head out from behind the mail boxes looking at me. i walked over and asked if there was a package and indeed he did have a package for me. he then said i took too long and put the package back into the system as no answer n told me to wait for tm. it took a total of prob 1 minute to run to the door n he wouldnt give it to me.

as for canada post tracking, r u guys tracking international items n checking that country's mail services site? once the item enters that country their mail service takes over the tracking n only updates canada post onces its delivered, this applies both ways.

punkwax 05-15-2014 10:19 PM

Chose other. Greyhound. Ever try to track something with them? Don't.

jeedee 05-15-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8472374)
Chose other. Greyhound. Ever try to track something with them? Don't.

LOL never knew Greyhound did deliveries.

Mr.Money 05-15-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8472378)
LOL never knew Greyhound did deliveries.

they do,But i guess they've gone downhill...when my friend ran a lightening company and used them for shipping heavy duty lights & custom made signs they were delivered on time and not damaged & broken like canada post.

On to other things,I hate DHL & UPS...they charge outrageous Fees...i bought a sweater for 80 dollars and they tagged on 50 for import and handling fees....DHL always will for international & UPS seems to a lot too but slightly less like 20 dollars

bobola 05-15-2014 10:45 PM

Why isnt UPS one of the poll options!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can admin add the UPS option so we can all vote on it and makes us all feel better