REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Street Fighter Assassin's Fist (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695452-street-fighter-assassins-fist.html)

DanHibiki 05-23-2014 02:04 PM

Street Fighter Assassin's Fist

All episodes are released.

PeanutButter 05-23-2014 05:28 PM

I'm so excited!!!!

They shouldn't have released all the episodes at once though. It builds way more suspense and anticipation when you space out releases.

I think it would have been a lot smarter to release one episode a week.

I remember during my first year psych course that there have been studies done that show watching all episodes of one season in one sitting is not as enjoyable as when people had to wait to watch the next episode.

DanHibiki 05-23-2014 06:17 PM

It definitely builds the hype up and all and gain more interest but for a web show like this I think it's the best course of action. There isn't enough going on and the episodes aren't long enough to be released once a week.

Mortal kombat series released it once a week and I hated it.

The guy who plays ken has the perfect look but his acting is beyond bad..

rsx 05-23-2014 07:08 PM

That fight sequence is a bit dated, too much cobra kai training. Too bad they didn't modernize the fighting.

Traum 05-23-2014 08:20 PM

I've only watched a few episodes up to this point, but OMG... the attention to detail in this webisode / series / movie is incredible! Very intrigued to finish watching the whole thing!

Hot Karl 05-23-2014 08:41 PM

i had no idea this existed. 2 episodes in and it looks pretty solid.

Mr.HappySilp 05-23-2014 09:04 PM

Is this better than Mortal Combat Legacy?

rageguy 05-23-2014 09:28 PM

Wow, this is very close to the Street Fighter storyline. I hope they will continue the story in a next season!

Presto 05-23-2014 10:06 PM

Just finished watching the 12 episodes. I enjoyed it, and I would give it a 7/10. I really wish they were more consistent with the Japanese and English dialogue, though. Characters tended to alternate languages randomly. I can dig it when Ken talks Jinglish, but young Goken spoke Japanese for the longest time, and then decides to squeak out some English a couple episodes later.

Noir 05-23-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8476056)
I'm so excited!!!!

They shouldn't have released all the episodes at once though. It builds way more suspense and anticipation when you space out releases.

I think it would have been a lot smarter to release one episode a week.

I remember during my first year psych course that there have been studies done that show watching all episodes of one season in one sitting is not as enjoyable as when people had to wait to watch the next episode.

I'm glad they released it all at once. Collegehumour did an awesome Street Fighter parody on the same format, multiple episodes released sporadically. As awesome as it was, the waiting made me forget about the web series entirely.

winson604 05-24-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8476159)
Is this better than Mortal Combat Legacy?

Imo no. To be honest, after 6 eps or so I started growing tired watching it.

Traum 05-26-2014 12:18 PM

Just finished watching it last night, and I'd have to say I like it a lot. In particular, there were 2 aspects that I thought was really, really well done.

1) The choreographed fights -- Yes, I know everything is choreographed, and at times, they even seem a little rigid / too obvious to me. At the same time, all the fight scenes were very clear, easy to watch, and from just watching alone, you can tell the actors really know how to fight (I know the actors that played Ryu and Ken are martial artists themselves). The best part I liked was, however, was that it seems to me the director / fight choreographer went to great pains to ensure that all the moves were transplanted from the game as much as they can while still making sure everything flowed. I appreciated this aspect very, very much.

1) the numerous details that stayed true to the SF universe and paid homeage to the various SF series -- from the Capcom director guy making a cameo appearance, the Dan Hikibi reference (on the Ansatsuken school lineage board), the crazy old fisherman, and the Mega Man 2 scene, the Ryu SF2 stage BGM... The director just seems to know how, where, and when to put the right touches to show that they really care. A lot of thought has obviously been put into making sure those things happened, and again, I appreciated it.

The department that I thought was a little lacking were the special effects. In particular, the CG stuff weren't quite up to the high standards as the rest of the film. The use of Japanese vs English also seemed a little weird at times -- mostly when it happens, I thought it was more appropriate, or I was expecting the dialogue to be carried in Japanese, but then English was blurted out.

So I am just going to agree with a lot of other viewers, and hope that they will release a 2nd season at the same or higher calibre as they have done with this one.

FerrariEnzo 09-02-2014 06:00 PM

Just watched the 2.3hr long movie..

Just WOW... I liked it... 9/10... fight scenes where nicely choreographed...